Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509440 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4275 on: June 12, 2019, 07:39:06 PM »
Im off for dinner Rob but read the original post and tell me where the stats are wrong?
Original post http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10605.msg535424#msg535424

You seem to have multiplied a whole mishmash of ratios together to give some figure that has no real meaning IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4276 on: June 12, 2019, 07:49:14 PM »
Original post http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10605.msg535424#msg535424

You seem to have multiplied a whole mishmash of ratios together to give some figure that has no real meaning IMO.
According to Cheeky Momkey there is a less than 1 in 45 million chance that Madleleine was abducted and the odds on woke and wandered are incalculable.  Someone better tell the police to just arrest and charge them and be done with it. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4277 on: June 12, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »
No problems with the statistical odds to point out I see? Ain’t that a surprise.

Night night, don’t let the abductors bite.
So if I were as tasteless as you and went to the bookies, and put a quid on an abductor being found guilty of Madeleines’s disappearance I’d stand to win £45 million? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4278 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:25 PM »
Could you explain how you managed to come by that exact figure? The odds say, 17,599/1 going on to the number of mothers of abducted children who told the old bill the truth. How many mothers is that to reach £45,000,000?

You don’t need to go anywhere near a bookies to calculate those statistical odds.
I pointed out that your likelihood of winning the lottery was one in 45 million, you said Madeleine being abducted was even less likely, so £45 million was a conservative estimate.  If I wanted to bet on it are these the odds I would get at the bookies? 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4279 on: June 12, 2019, 10:46:23 PM »
’You have 3/1 that the only couple not locking their door get their child abducted, going on to 200/1 that a dog that had never given a false positive alert, going on to 11/1 because there were twelve of them, all going on to 2/1 that it was the one child not confined to a cot that done the vanishing act.’

1. Four families go on holiday Rob and Jimmy decides to abduct one of their children, the odds of him abducting one of their children from the one unlocked apartment are 3/1 and you do the same with all the other figures. The dogs 200/1 because they had never given a false positive alert in 200 case searches. 11/1 because the dogs gave 12 separate alerts. 2/1 because the one child of the three who was not confined to a cot got abducted in the statistical odds. Then put all those odds together to calculate the odds. There is nothing mishmashed about those statistical odds., that’s how it works.

If you ever go to Vegas Rob, please play with small chips. I fear the odds may be against you.

As I see it if Jimmy came into the apartment through an unlocked door, 3/1, that makes sense if he was aware that the other three apartments were unlocked.  How did he discover that?

And if he came in and actually took a living child there should be no cadaver odours in the apartment at all.
So how do you justify multiplying those two together.

I did go to Las Vegas but I wasn't prepared to lose money. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4280 on: June 12, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »
I didn’t give an estimate, I didn’t have to. I used exact figures using a tried and tested method of calculation. I don’t have an exact figure for mothers of abducted children but I should imagine almost everyone of them agreed to tell the old bill the truth. It would be a big number though with which to multiply  by 17,599.
Do you have any experience in using your method of calculating odds in real life.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4281 on: June 12, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
’You have 3/1 that the only couple not locking their door get their child abducted, going on to 200/1 that a dog that had never given a false positive alert, going on to 11/1 because there were twelve of them, all going on to 2/1 that it was the one child not confined to a cot that done the vanishing act.’

1. Four families go on holiday Rob and Jimmy decides to abduct one of their children, the odds of him abducting one of their children from the one unlocked apartment are 3/1 and you do the same with all the other figures. The dogs 200/1 because they had never given a false positive alert in 200 case searches. 11/1 because the dogs gave 12 separate alerts. 2/1 because the one child of the three who was not confined to a cot got abducted in the statistical odds. Then put all those odds together to calculate the odds. There is nothing mishmashed about those statistical odds., that’s how it works.

If you ever go to Vegas Rob, please play with small chips. I fear the odds may be against you.

Did Jimmy know the room numbers of the Tapas 9?  How did he get to know that?

OK each of the lower level rooms had two doors per apartment but the Payne's apartment had just the one door.

so over the 4 apartments there were 7 doors potentially unlocked.  To randomly select an unlocked door was 1 in 7.

If he randomly selected an apartment (1 in 4) and checked if it was unlocked for 3 out of the 4 apartments he'd have to walk around the building to check both doors.

IMO the abductor might do some surveillance and predetermine which apartment had an unlocked door.

But that too only applies if they had no particular desire to select a specific child.  What is the driving motivation? Was it looks or an age range?  Or was it a vendetta against a specific person/family?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 11:16:30 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4282 on: June 12, 2019, 11:20:45 PM »
I didn’t give an estimate, I didn’t have to. I used exact figures using a tried and tested method of calculation. I don’t have an exact figure for mothers of abducted children but I should imagine almost everyone of them agreed to tell the old bill the truth. It would be a big number though with which to multiply  by 17,599.
Do you have a list of all the proven lies Kate told the police?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4283 on: June 12, 2019, 11:35:53 PM »
You can't use guesstimates in the calculations of odds.  "I don’t have an exact figure for mothers of abducted children but I should imagine almost ...."  that must be a classic example showing wording of a guesstimate.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4284 on: June 13, 2019, 07:18:50 AM »
No, but I do have a list of 48 questions she refused to answer.
OK, I’ll swallow my principles and bet a £1 with you that it’s proven Madeleine was abducted if you’ll agree to pay out that n the odds you’ve calculated. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4285 on: June 13, 2019, 07:45:03 AM »
I didn’t offer to bet anyone. You asked the odds and I have given you the odds based on the figures we do know. I’d never be that tasteless, shame on you.
@)(++(* you did offer to bet with Davel.   Seems you’re now not prepared to put your money where your mouth is.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4286 on: June 13, 2019, 07:58:19 AM »
That was an even money bet on who would be forced to give evidence in the trial of any abductor. Do try to stick to the facts please. 8)--))
Whatever, you’re talking rubbish.  IMO. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4287 on: June 13, 2019, 08:25:57 AM »
Why not be more specific?
I have been.  You claim that the likelihood that Madeleine was abducted in 1 in 45 million plus.  That is arrant nonsense.  For a start no police force pursues theories that only have a one in 45 million chance of being correct.  This is a silly discussion getting us nowhere.  You can make up odds until you’re blue in the face, and believe what you want, it’s no skin off my nose.  Meanwhile I suggest you nip down the bookies and see what odds they give you.  Chances are it won’t be the odds you’ve calculated. 

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4288 on: June 13, 2019, 08:46:29 AM »
I have been.  You claim that the likelihood that Madeleine was abducted in 1 in 45 million plus.  That is arrant nonsense.  For a start no police force pursues theories that only have a one in 45 million chance of being correct.  This is a silly discussion getting us nowhere.  You can make up odds until you’re blue in the face, and believe what you want, it’s no skin off my nose.  Meanwhile I suggest you nip down the bookies and see what odds they give you.  Chances are it won’t be the odds you’ve calculated.
Now that seems like a good idea.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4289 on: June 13, 2019, 08:58:18 AM »
Statistically speaking when a child of Madeleine's age disappears the most likely perpetrators are those close to her; family and friends.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0