Author Topic: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!  (Read 19043 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: So what should the McCanns do now? Sensible ideas please!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »
That's a fake site  @)(++(*   I wouldn't hold my breath if claiming any reward from them in the Maddie case, I'm surprised you've been taken in.

You leave your information and call back in two weeks to claim your reward...how pathetic.  Is this not FRAUD?
I notice there is no amount offered.  They could just give a Pound for your trouble.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »
I notice there is no amount offered.  They could just give a Pound for your trouble.

There is a €600,000 reward beside Madeleine's appeal. which is stated to be collected in Portugal.
A recorded message in English, spoken by a female, followed by a female Portuguese-speaker is what greets you on dialling the number. Research suggests the number is a Virtual number i.e can be bought by anyone & used to forward calls to another number.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 05:20:12 PM »
There is a €600,000 reward beside Madeleine's appeal. which is stated to be collected in Portugal.
A recorded message in English, spoken by a female, followed by a female Portuguese-speaker is what greets you on dialling the number. Research suggests the number is a Virtual number i.e can be bought by anyone & used to forward calls to another number.

Well done, You.  Doing that would have scared me witless.

Offline misty

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018, 05:36:04 PM »
Well done, You.  Doing that would have scared me witless.

There is a lot of background interference on the recordings but the English female voice sounds uncannily like a certain blonde journalist....

Offline jassi

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
Need to do better than that. There are loads of blonde journalists.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 05:51:59 PM »
Need to do better than that. There are loads of blonde journalists.

LOL. I'm sure you know exactly who I mean without any further clues.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »

Be very wary of Libel.

Offline jassi

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
LOL. I'm sure you know exactly who I mean without any further clues.

'Fraid not - and I'm not trying to entrap you, I genuinely have no idea who you refer to
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sunny

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »
'Fraid not - and I'm not trying to entrap you, I genuinely have no idea who you refer to

I know who misty means but I can't see that she is right unless this person lives in Plymouth.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2018, 06:26:47 PM »
So it is quite a substantial reward.  OK if a person provided information, obviously the reward is not paid out till the case is solved.  These sorts of phone lines where you can leave information scare me.

If some real clue was sent in and the person is hoping for a reward, that person isn't going to tell anyone else .  Then it becomes dependent on the person receiving the information to act on it.
What happens if they don't?  The best they could do would be to pass it on to SY but they don't let you know if it is helpful either.
I can't see how that would work.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2018, 06:40:33 PM »
I know who misty means but I can't see that she is right unless this person lives in Plymouth.

The person doesn't have to live in Plymouth to buy the number, Sunny.
https://www.smart-numbers.net/01752-numbers

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2018, 07:09:30 PM »
Sonia Poulton has a distinctive voice.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »
Is she blonde? I had no idea

Or maybe not -

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2018, 08:07:14 PM »
Absolutely Faith, she would have changed significantly over the last few years if still alive.

Persistently showing showing photos, in the press and on line, of a three to four year old whilst looking for that person who is now a 15 year old, would appear to be counterproductive.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2018, 08:36:56 PM »
Persistently showing showing photos, in the press and on line, of a three to four year old whilst looking for that person who is now a 15 year old, would appear to be counterproductive.
They are just memory joggers for most.
Moderation