Author Topic: Exposed.. The lies you read in the Scottish Press  (Read 9046 times)

Offline John

Exposed.. The lies you read in the Scottish Press
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:13:52 PM »
The following is an article published by the Scottish Daily Record which contains lie after lie, most of which was fed to them by officials from the former Inland Revenue.

I have added the truth in red.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/shamed-police-officer-hit-with-200k-1115751

A FORMER cop who stole more than £400,000 from his elderly aunt and cheated his own brother has been ordered to pay back £200,000. No money was stolen from my aunt by me or anyone else, no one except for the PFS has ever made this malicious claim. Every single member of my family supports me in this.  In addition, my brother was not defrauded by anyone and has made several statements to that effect.

John Lamberton, 57, persuaded 75-year-old widow Annie Paul to hand over her portfolio of stocks and shares to him.  It was my aunts decision to transfer her holdings to me so that she could enjoy them along with me and my sons while she was still able to.  She had the presence of mind to invite her brother over to her home and in my presence (which she also insisted upon) told him of her wishes.  Several months later she appointed me as Power of Attorney over her remaining affairs. The transfer and the POA were unconnected.

His actions left Annie, who treated him like a son, short of cash in her last years – and meant his brother never got his rightful inheritance from her estate when she died in 1998. My aunt was a beneficiary of her late husbands Trust and as such had a separate substantial income. The only occasion she had access to cash restricted was on the advice of her GP who was concerned that she was consuming too much alcohol.  Her home help was duly instructed to restrict the purchases of alcohol.  My brother received all that he was entitled to and he has stated so on many occasions.  In fact, he received more than he was entitled to under the Law.

Yesterday, Lamberton, who fled to Spain to cheat justice but was brought back to Britain and jailed for seven years in 2005, was told he must pay back £200,000 under proceeds of crime legislation. I never fled anywhere.  It took a full year to sell our home in Fife, I was available at any time to speak to anyone about my late aunts affairs.  When we eventually sold the property and moved abroad some 2 years after my aunts death and some 4 years after she gifted her holdings to me, nobody least of all me knew that there were any investigations going on.  The PFS chose to keep it quiet for their own rotten purposes.

After the hearing at Edinburgh Sheriff Court, Lindsey Miller, head of the Crown Office’s Serious and Organised Crime Division, welcomed the ruling.

She said: “This was a despicable crime and a breach of trust carried out by John Lamberton against members of his own family.

“He betrayed his own brother and the wishes of his aunt, to whom he claimed to be very close.

“He pretended to be a loyal nephew but his later actions revealed he had designs on her fortune. We are satisfied that this £200,000 confiscation order represents the amount of money available to us at this time.

“The message is a clear one. Fleeing from Scotland and investing in property abroad does not protect criminals.”

Lamberton, who worked for the former Royal Ulster Constabulary in Derry, moved the shares into an offshore account in his own name within a few weeks of persuading his aunt to sign them over. Yet more lies. Shares were not moved into an offshore account.  When my aunt transferred her holdings to me they were liquidated over a period of months, every stock sale or talisman transfer form (approx30) was signed by my aunt releasing the funds to me.  The funds were then traded by me on the stock market as was my right.  My aunt took a passing interest in this and would visit me at home from time to time to see how I was getting on.

He then told the pensioner, from Bo’ness, West Lothian, that he had invested the money, which she inherited from her millionaire farmer husband, poorly. Yet more lies. No such conversation ever took place, in fact the fund increased in value beyond my aunts death in June 1998. My aunt never inherited any stocks and shares from her late husband as his assets were maintained in Trust for his three nephews.

At Lamberton’s trial in 2005, Lord Hardie told him: “This was a gross breach of trust placed in you by an elderly relative. Elderly people must be protected from the avarice of people such as you.

“As a result, she was deprived of a substantial income and complained about a lack of funds.”

Lamberton’s sentence was reduced to five years on appeal.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:35:30 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: Exposed.. The lies you read in the Scottish Press
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 05:24:56 PM »
One other point worth mentioning which the Press in their ignorance weren't aware of.

About a year after my aunt arranged the transfer of the fund to me a large house, actually a mansion house valued at well over £400,000, came on the market near to her own home.  This property was previously owned by the family and my aunt knew it extremely well.  She asked me if I would consider buying it.  She knew that I then had the funds to make the purchase if I chose to do so.  My aunt went with me on the initial viewing as she knew the sellers extremely well.  When curiosity got the better of her, the lady owner asked my aunt if it was she who was contemplating buying the property, knowing full well that my aunt wasn't short of a bob or two.  She told the owner and her father in law that it was I who was purchasing the property and that she would never leave her beloved home.

Carriden House, Bo'ness.

A few days later I took my wife to see the property.  We called with my aunt nearby to see if she wanted to go but my aunt being the Lady she was said that she would leave us to it as it was our decision and she didn't want to interfere.

In the end my wife and I decided that the property was both too large and needed too much spent on refurbishments to be a realistic purchase.  I have to say though, the question must be asked.  Had I purchased the house instead of continuing to trade on the stock market and later move to Spain, would I still have been accused of embezzlement and fraud?

Is the difference significant or is there a definite bias by our so-called bastions of the Law against having an offshore bank account and moving abroad?

This topic is now open for any questions.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:43:42 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:21:24 AM »
As a newcomer to the forum, it appears that someone added 2 and 2 together and made 5. Then instead of investigating properly and correcting their sums, went straight to prosecution... ?8)@)-)

Good luck with your ongoing fight.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »
As a newcomer to the forum, it appears that someone added 2 and 2 together and made 5. Then instead of investigating properly and correcting their sums, went straight to prosecution... ?8)@)-)

Good luck with your ongoing fight.

Thanks Slartibartfast, the fight goes on thanks to new witnesses and previous witnesses who have now decided to step up and speak out against Crown Office threats.