Author Topic: Was Eddie The perfect Dog for the role ?  (Read 11387 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Was Eddie The perfect Dog for the role ?
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2020, 12:52:05 PM »
The other compound, diethyl disulfide, could be used to detect bodies at the beginning of decomposition.
https://www.popsci.com/scientists-id-gases-unique-to-rotting-pig-and-human-bodies/

You asked for a cite... Did you read it or do you just ignore that which contradicts your view... That's the opposite of openminded

Offline Lace

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2020, 06:40:07 PM »
The other compound, diethyl disulfide, could be used to detect bodies at the beginning of decomposition.
https://www.popsci.com/scientists-id-gases-unique-to-rotting-pig-and-human-bodies/

Yes,  except the article is dated 2016,  nine years after Eddie supposedly alerted.

Offline Lace

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
You repeatedly get it wrong. These compounds are only released by human and pig bodies! 7 compounds are still present after a year. 8 compounds after 6 months.

I am not getting it wrong,   the compounds are released as a gas by pig and human in the LATER stages of decomposition.

Offline The General

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2020, 07:09:54 PM »
I am not getting it wrong,   the compounds are released as a gas by pig and human in the LATER stages of decomposition.
You've just got it wrong again.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2020, 07:28:40 PM »
Yes,  except the article is dated 2016,  nine years after Eddie supposedly alerted.

The dogs know what they're looking for. The scientists are trying to find out what's in it. Think of how many times scientists have had to play catch-up. St John's Wort has been used medicinally for millennia, but no-one could explain how and why it worked. Scientists are still not sure, but those who have used it throughout history knew it helped people.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
del
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:51:26 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2020, 08:02:11 PM »

So clearly they're not the only compounds the dogs alert to.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2020, 08:12:09 PM »
The dogs know what they're looking for. The scientists are trying to find out what's in it. Think of how many times scientists have had to play catch-up. St John's Wort has been used medicinally for millennia, but no-one could explain how and why it worked. Scientists are still not sure, but those who have used it throughout history knew it helped people.
But not always, it’s a bit hit and miss, just like the dogs.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »
IMO if you look at Harrison's report to the PJ dated 23/7/07, you can understand why Eddie & Keela were the only dog team who could have gone to Luz to carry out the recommended searches. Eddie was the only dog who'd reportedly received any training on actual human residual cadaver scent & Keela was a unique CSI  blood dog, No other UK dog team fulfilled the search requirement criteria, irrespective of Eddie & Keela's unconfirmed competence in their disciplines. Harrison's conflict of interest between his NPIA position & his role in Keela's training was never mentioned.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARK_HARRISON.htm

What conflict of interest?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2020, 09:16:28 PM »

What conflict of interest?

It seems blood and cadaver dogs were the brainchild of Mark Harrison in 2005

Offline barrier

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2020, 09:33:03 PM »

A news article from that time doesn't make it clear.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2020, 09:42:53 PM »

Why wouldn't you use dogs with a proven record,especially Eddie which the thread is about.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/top-sniffer-dog-to-join-maddy-search-28397218.html

Used across the world for his accuracy, seven-year-old hound Eddie helped police put Trevor Hamilton behind bars in 2006 after the victim recovery dog found 63-year- old Attracta Harron's blood on the 23-year-old murderer's burned-out Hyundai.

Eddie, who works for South Yorkshire police, also located Attracta's body in a shallow grave in April 2003.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2020, 09:53:50 PM »
Why wouldn't you use dogs with a proven record,especially Eddie which the thread is about.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/top-sniffer-dog-to-join-maddy-search-28397218.html

Used across the world for his accuracy, seven-year-old hound Eddie helped police put Trevor Hamilton behind bars in 2006 after the victim recovery dog found 63-year- old Attracta Harron's blood on the 23-year-old murderer's burned-out Hyundai.

Eddie, who works for South Yorkshire police, also located Attracta's body in a shallow grave in April 2003.

One case doesn't make a proven track record ...as I've asked before... Just how useful has Eddie actually been... Where, are, all his success stories

Just checked... It was residual scent the Harrison was responsible for investigating... And trace elements of blood
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:59:02 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2020, 10:01:10 PM »
So Eddie was a victim recovery dog... But there were very few victims... One it seems.
The idea was to extend the repertoire... Enter the residual scent dog

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2020, 09:20:25 PM »
But not always, it’s a bit hit and miss, just like the dogs.

But quite consistent in their alerts in this case, eh?