Author Topic: Sandra Lean's GoFundMe account deleted for breaching site rules!  (Read 1099 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Sandra Lean's GoFundMe account deleted for breaching site rules!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 02:48:59 PM »
I see it has now been removed from go fund me

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6795402/luke-mitchell-mum-fundraiser-gofundme-removed/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsuntwitter&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I think it says a lot about Corrine that she refused the money for herself and I’m sure in time another mechanism will set up in order to enable supporters to help Luke financially.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Bullseye

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:11:35 PM »
I think it says a lot about Corrine that she refused the money for herself and I’m sure in time another mechanism will set up in order to enable supporters to help Luke financially.

Hope so, I feel so sorry for his mum.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
I thought she had already been re-housed?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 03:28:00 PM »
Hope so, I feel so sorry for his mum.

Me too.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline WakeyWakey

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 04:02:06 PM »
I thought she had already been re-housed?

correct, earlier in 2020, shortly after recording the tv show
i think the gofundme did mention this (although it didn't say when shed be rehomed) but suggested the money was to help her get on her feet
essentially didnt say specifically what the money was for

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 04:15:52 PM »
i think the gofundme did mention this (although it didn't say when shed be rehomed) but suggested the money was to help her get on her feet
Well I'm glad she's not still living in those awful conditions (though I don't understand why she couldn't have been rehoused sooner, even if only in a homeless shelter on B&B until a suitable council property became available?)
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 04:35:07 PM »

Yes it did, to get on her feet and people donated on that basis. I believe that the largest donation was £1000. The generosity of strangers often humbles me.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 05:11:31 PM »
Yes it did, to get on her feet and people donated on that basis. I believe that the largest donation was £1000. The generosity of strangers often humbles me.
How do you know it was a stranger?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 07:39:12 PM »
It seems that yet again Sandra Lean has overstepped the mark when it comes to utilising a GoFundMe page.

Snip
Close pal and crime expert Dr Sandra Lean later revealed Corinne has now been housed, but launched a GoFundMe page to help her "get back on her feet".

As of this morning, the page had raised £17,380 from strangers backing Corinne and claims that her son is innocent.

But it was removed by GoFundMe bosses this afternoon for "raising funds for perpetrators of violent crimes" - and she won't get a penny of the donations.

It comes after Dr Lean admitted Corinne had told one donor she didn't want the money and would put it into a bank account for Mitchell.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6795402/luke-mitchell-mum-fundraiser-gofundme-removed/

Did Lean bother to run this past Corrine Mitchell prior to setting up the page on her behalf?  If not, I think she may have been acting irresponsibly.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 08:20:51 PM »
It seems that yet again Sandra Lean has overstepped the mark when it comes to utilising a GoFundMe page.

Snip
Close pal and crime expert Dr Sandra Lean later revealed Corinne has now been housed, but launched a GoFundMe page to help her "get back on her feet".

As of this morning, the page had raised £17,380 from strangers backing Corinne and claims that her son is innocent.

But it was removed by GoFundMe bosses this afternoon for "raising funds for perpetrators of violent crimes" - and she won't get a penny of the donations.

It comes after Dr Lean admitted Corinne had told one donor she didn't want the money and would put it into a bank account for Mitchell.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6795402/luke-mitchell-mum-fundraiser-gofundme-removed/

Did Lean bother to run this past Corrine Mitchell prior to setting up the page on her behalf?  If not, I think she may have been acting irresponsibly.

Shall me leave the judgements aside until we know the full story from Corrine and Sandra?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 10:05:12 PM »

Snip

I don't know whether she did or not, but it looks as if she meant well.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 10:42:01 PM »

The proverb that "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions" ~ Henry G. Bohn’s A Hand-book of Proverbs in 1855 might be applicable to Lean's actions but that is a matter of opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »

You know what they say mrswah “ People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.”

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 05:23:19 PM »
I see it has now been removed from go fund me

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6795402/luke-mitchell-mum-fundraiser-gofundme-removed/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsuntwitter&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I can't believe I missed this news story so thanks Bullseye for posting it.

This will be the second time Sandra Lean has had a GoFundMe account taken down for breaching their site rules.

Sandra Lean had claimed in her GoFundMe introduction that, "Corinne Mitchell's life was ruined by a justice system gone wrong...".

To base a fundraiser on such a spurious claim was idiotic at best and raises numerous questions as to her competence to run anything.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fundraiser-killer-luke-mitchells-mother-23649543
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 05:47:50 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.