Author Topic: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver  (Read 51980 times)

Gadfly

Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver
« on: July 10, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »
So what is definitively known about this arguido then? 

1) Questioned on the basis of phone data.
2) On his balcony on the night, watching the search unfold -- but didn't help.
3) Lives close by to the Ocean Club.
4) Knows the Ocean Club intimately - worked there at the time.
5) Single, own apartment.
6) Convicted of burglary in the past.
7) Unskilled worker, low socio-economic status.

--
Witness Statement
Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva
Date: 2007-05-08
Place of Work: OC

Comes to the process as a witness.

He has worked as a driver at the OC since the 26th March of this year. His functions consist of driving the tourists from the reception to the apartments where they are staying. His working hours are from 11.00 to 16.00, except for Thursdays and Saturdays which are the days guests arrive and leave and when he starts and finishes work much earlier and later. He knows the resort well as he circulates throughout the whole resort.

When asked whether he knows about the disappearance he says that he heard about it on the day of the disappearance at about 23.00 because he was on his balcony and two men passed by and asked him whether he had seen a small girl who had gone missing from a restaurant. On the following day when he arrived at work he was told all the details. When asked, he replies that he does not think he saw or spoke to the girl or her family before the disappearance. He only knew who they were from the news.

Nobody made any comments to him about the guests or about children in the preceding days.
He did not see anyone suspicious or any unusual vehicles.
No more is said.
Reads, ratifies, signs.
--

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:49:29 AM by John »

Offline pegasus

Re: Jose Carlos Fernandes da Silva, Driver
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:54:33 PM »
This guy is innocent.
The innocent two searchers who told him 11pmish on his balcony about the disappearance are possibly DP and ROB.
And it shows that no-one on this forum has the DVD as if anyone did they would know what building balcony was on.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:57:07 PM by pegasus »

Gadfly

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »
This guy is innocent.
The innocent two searchers who told him 11pmish on his balcony about the disappearance are possibly DP and ROB.
And it shows that no-one on this forum has the DVD as if anyone did they would know what building balcony was on.

Edificio Luztur, right?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:17:27 AM by Gadfly »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 12:20:57 AM »
Edificio Luztur, right?
I believe so.
Same location as mentioned on crimewatch special 11pmish so probably same two innocent searchers.

Offline misty

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:29:13 AM »
I believe so.
Same location as mentioned on crimewatch special 11pmish so probably same two innocent searchers.

Maybe he was on his balcony at 2300hrs but his phone pings showed movement between 2100 & 2300 elsewhere and that is why he is under suspicion.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »
Maybe he was on his balcony at 2300hrs but his phone pings showed movement between 2100 & 2300 elsewhere and that is why he is under suspicion.
No triangulation has been done sufficient to determine position within PDL.

Offline misty

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:49:20 AM »
No triangulation has been done sufficient to determine position within PDL.

How long would it have taken him to drive to, say, Lagos & back? He doesn't have an alibi.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 01:05:41 AM »
How long would it have taken him to drive to, say, Lagos & back? He doesn't have an alibi.
The only thing this guy has did wrong is living in PDL and using his phone in PDL.
In other words - nothing.
SY have never said he has a criminal record.
There is nothing in the files saying he has a criminal record.
Heriberto claimed that he has, and that it's in the files, but the only two page numbers he posted (so far) are completely devoid of any mention of criminal record.

Offline misty

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 01:28:10 AM »
The only thing this guy has did wrong is living in PDL and using his phone in PDL.
Heriberto claimed that he has, and that it's in the files, but the only two page numbers he posted (so far) are completely devoid of any mention of criminal record.

Please don't misunderstand me - I'm not saying the guy is guilty of anything, but clearly the Met had a good reason to question him.
As far as Heriberto's claims go - and I stand to be corrected - aren't journalists permitted to view the full files & make notes for research purposes, but not actually directly copy content or release specific details to the public? I think that may be why he is unable to answer your question about the page number detailing the criminal record.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 02:12:52 AM »
Apparently the idea of a record for theft comes from a handwritten word "furto" which may appear next to some of the printed names on a list of employees.

ETA Source: Vol 4 Pages 250 and 251 - handwritten notes next to some names
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:39:42 AM by pegasus »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 12:49:45 AM »
Wait!
Wasn't he questioned because he was in several phone conversations with the two other guys who were picked up due to several specific phone conversations and possibly being near 5A and later near Smiths sighting?
Remember Edward Snowden? He mentioned a posibility of a suspects contacts networks being investigated i.e.if there is a suspect  then they have a software to straight away get the whole net of the potential contacts lists..
Maybe SY uses something similar?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 01:58:32 AM »
Wait!
Wasn't he questioned because he was in several phone conversations with the two other guys who were picked up due to several specific phone conversations and possibly being near 5A and later near Smiths sighting?
Remember Edward Snowden? He mentioned a posibility of a suspects contacts networks being investigated i.e.if there is a suspect  then they have a software to straight away get the whole net of the potential contacts lists..
All 3 lived in PDL and used phones in PDL that night.
As did many other people - locals, UK workers, tourists.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:22:10 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 05:26:31 PM »
Wait!

You could use Excel.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
Wait!

I don't think there is any need for concern that their lives may be ruined by their association with the investigation as they appear to be well known and well liked in Luz where people do not believe in their guilt;  this is as it should be;  it would be excellent if the same consideration was allowed to Madeleine's parents.

There were phone calls coinciding with key times in the investigation; one to one who then phoned others: 
Eg: Madeleine leaving the crèche.  This was repeated on three occasions - if one places trust in tabloid reports.

If the Met and the PJ thought the men were worth interviewing even for elimination purposes, that’s fine by me. 

It was the PJ who constituted them arguidos, so they must have evidence of something to enable that, even if it is nothing to do with Madeleine. 

We shall just have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 06:58:25 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 01:10:03 AM »
I don't think there is any need for concern that their lives may be ruined by their association with the investigation as they appear to be well known and well liked in Luz where people do not believe in their guilt;  this is as it should be;  it would be excellent if the same consideration was allowed to Madeleine's parents.

There were phone calls coinciding with key times in the investigation; one to one who then phoned others: 
Eg: Madeleine leaving the crèche.  This was repeated on three occasions - if one places trust in tabloid reports.

If the Met and the PJ thought the men were worth interviewing even for elimination purposes, that’s fine by me. 

It was the PJ who constituted them arguidos, so they must have evidence of something to enable that, even if it is nothing to do with Madeleine. 

We shall just have to wait and see.

What has not been revealed is where or if Euclides Monteiro fits into the phone analysis linking the 3 "burglars", as I am presuming they were his alleged associates  before he passed away?