Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 395674 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4035 on: November 14, 2021, 10:22:33 AM »
Time to move on then I think.

I agree. After all, it happened when Amaral was 15 years old.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4036 on: November 14, 2021, 02:45:48 PM »
As well. That case was brought up in Parliament.
http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1992/jun/09/mr-michael-cook

However, the Cipriano case might have been fresher in the minds of those in diplomatic circles.

The Cipriano Case just served to prove that beatings were still going on.

Thanks for that report.  I feel sick all over again.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4037 on: November 14, 2021, 02:48:01 PM »
I agree. After all, it happened when Amaral was 15 years old.

Amaral was educated by the old regime.  And not surprisingly told lies in court.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4038 on: November 14, 2021, 06:30:48 PM »
Amaral was educated by the old regime.  And not surprisingly told lies in court.

I very much doubt that Amaral would have been involved in the Cook case, but Encarnação (head honcho of the Faro directorate until he became very ill and died in 2010, aged 63, and Amaral's superior) may well have been.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4039 on: November 14, 2021, 06:34:17 PM »
I very much doubt that Amaral would have been involved in the Cook case, but Encarnação (head honcho of the Faro directorate until he became very ill and died in 2010, aged 63, and Amaral's superior) may well have been.

I don't know who was involved.  It's the mindset that worries me.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4040 on: January 15, 2022, 02:30:26 AM »
I was intrigued to come across the following from Bild.  I had read about the German prosecutor's put down in the British press but this gives it a slightly different slant.

NEW ALLEGATIONS
Ex-policeman scolds German Maddie investigators
BKA and public prosecutor's office had "almost fraudulently" pulled the case to themselves
by: KAI FELDHAUSpublished on
07.10.2021 - 18:26 o'clock
Praia da Luz (Portugal) – The fired chief investigator does not rest!

After Maddie McCann (then 3) disappeared from an apartment in the Algarve in May 2007, Kripochef Goncalo Amaral (62) led the investigation for four months. He suspected Maddie's parents, was dismissed from his post and put into early retirement.

Next week, a new book will be published in Portugal in which Amaral deals with the latest investigations against the suspect Christian Brückner (44).

BKA and Braunschweig public prosecutor's office consider the German child molester, who is currently in custody in Oldenburg for rape, to be the man who kidnapped and killed Maddie.

Amaral, who apparently still has good contacts with the Portuguese police, is going to court with the German investigators, according to BILD information.

They had appropriated the Maddie case with a "trick" by constructing a German suspect and thus creating a German jurisdiction. Amaral calls this procedure "almost fraudulent": The Germans have launched their own criminal trial in order to be able to put aside the investigations that have been conducted in Portugal for 14 years.

Why the BKA and the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, which have so far had nothing to do with the Maddie case, should have done so – Amaral still owes this answer.

The ex-investigator, who had already made similar accusations in the BILD documentary "My Biggest Case", goes even further: He spreads details from the lives of three witnesses in the Maddie case, wants to portray them as implausible.

EX-INVESTIGATORS EXCLUSIVELY IN BILD
Christian Brückner is only a scapegoat

All investigations against Brückner are part of a great conspiracy, instigated by Scotland Yard, which is under pressure to succeed. The conclusions of the Portuguese investigators – that Maddie's parents were to blame for the disappearance of their daughter – would be ignored, instead forming a kind of "syndicate" that would submit to the British authorities.

Hans Christian Wolters, spokesman for the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office, commented on the allegations: "We are not interested in the views and assessments of a former Portuguese police officer because we assume that he does not have our investigation results and files. It is therefore completely irrelevant to us what Mr. Amaral thinks, says and writes."

https://www.bild.de/news/ausland/news-ausland/neues-buch-im-fall-maddie-ex-polizist-schimpft-auf-deutsche-ermittler-77897004.bild.html###wt_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&wt_t=1642212194158
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4041 on: January 15, 2022, 07:54:49 AM »
I was intrigued to come across the following from Bild.  I had read about the German prosecutor's put down in the British press but this gives it a slightly different slant.

NEW ALLEGATIONS
Ex-policeman scolds German Maddie investigators
BKA and public prosecutor's office had "almost fraudulently" pulled the case to themselves
by: KAI FELDHAUSpublished on
07.10.2021 - 18:26 o'clock
Praia da Luz (Portugal) – The fired chief investigator does not rest!

After Maddie McCann (then 3) disappeared from an apartment in the Algarve in May 2007, Kripochef Goncalo Amaral (62) led the investigation for four months. He suspected Maddie's parents, was dismissed from his post and put into early retirement.

Next week, a new book will be published in Portugal in which Amaral deals with the latest investigations against the suspect Christian Brückner (44).

BKA and Braunschweig public prosecutor's office consider the German child molester, who is currently in custody in Oldenburg for rape, to be the man who kidnapped and killed Maddie.

Amaral, who apparently still has good contacts with the Portuguese police, is going to court with the German investigators, according to BILD information.

They had appropriated the Maddie case with a "trick" by constructing a German suspect and thus creating a German jurisdiction. Amaral calls this procedure "almost fraudulent": The Germans have launched their own criminal trial in order to be able to put aside the investigations that have been conducted in Portugal for 14 years.

Why the BKA and the Braunschweig Public Prosecutor's Office, which have so far had nothing to do with the Maddie case, should have done so – Amaral still owes this answer.

The ex-investigator, who had already made similar accusations in the BILD documentary "My Biggest Case", goes even further: He spreads details from the lives of three witnesses in the Maddie case, wants to portray them as implausible.

EX-INVESTIGATORS EXCLUSIVELY IN BILD
Christian Brückner is only a scapegoat

All investigations against Brückner are part of a great conspiracy, instigated by Scotland Yard, which is under pressure to succeed. The conclusions of the Portuguese investigators – that Maddie's parents were to blame for the disappearance of their daughter – would be ignored, instead forming a kind of "syndicate" that would submit to the British authorities.

Hans Christian Wolters, spokesman for the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office, commented on the allegations: "We are not interested in the views and assessments of a former Portuguese police officer because we assume that he does not have our investigation results and files. It is therefore completely irrelevant to us what Mr. Amaral thinks, says and writes."

https://www.bild.de/news/ausland/news-ausland/neues-buch-im-fall-maddie-ex-polizist-schimpft-auf-deutsche-ermittler-77897004.bild.html###wt_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&wt_t=1642212194158

Amaral hasn't gone quiet then; at least he was still speaking last October.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4042 on: January 15, 2022, 08:25:36 AM »
Still talking absolute bilge it would seem. Wasn’t he just publicising his latest flop publication?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4043 on: January 15, 2022, 09:30:16 AM »

Amaral has stopped promoting his claim of an accidental death and cover up.. That's  a fact you can't seem to accept

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4044 on: January 15, 2022, 09:31:29 AM »

On the contrary - for him, he has gone relatively quiet and when he does say anything it causes a little bit of head scratching in wonderment.
His interventions have featured in discussion elsewhere in relation to the MWT documentary.  In what he has said he has apparently drawn the wrong kind of interest towards himself.  If it is anything like the bilge he has uttered above I think when they do eventually get round to dealing with him he'll be going for the insanity plea.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4045 on: January 15, 2022, 09:34:48 AM »
Remember you give no credibility to amarals claims

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4046 on: January 15, 2022, 09:39:29 AM »
Amaral has stopped promoting his claim of an accidental death and cover up.. That's  a fact you can't seem to accept

Has he been asked to comment and refused? If not, then nothing can be deduced from the fact that he is talking about other matters at the moment.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4047 on: January 15, 2022, 09:45:35 AM »

Gosh.  Nearly four months.  Perhaps no one is asking him anything anymore.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4048 on: January 15, 2022, 09:56:08 AM »
Has he been asked to comment and refused? If not, then nothing can be deduced from the fact that he is talking about other matters at the moment.

MWT is helping out.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4049 on: January 15, 2022, 09:59:40 AM »

He's discussed blame Re the parents but only now he only mentions neglect..  Imo you simply won't accept true facts.  He hasn't mentioned his so called theory for perhaps two years now