Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 402318 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #4170 on: January 27, 2022, 08:08:06 PM »
It's just a rumour then. Thank you.

Not a rumour at all. Scientific studies are published. There are no published papers on any study involving other sources... And it's obvious why

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4171 on: March 01, 2022, 09:58:36 AM »
26 August 2021

Amaral dismisses Brueckner's involvement in Maddie's disappearance

This is a thesis defended by Gonçalo since the beginning of the investigation and now comes to say that Christian Brueckner "has nothing to do with maddie's disappearance".

"In the early hours, even before we distrusted the parents, we received a list of pedophiles who lived in the area and Brueckner was on that list.

But how did someone break into the apartment without leaving fingerprints or other evidence," the former inspector questioned.

During the interview, Amaral also said that the investigation should have been more complete and that "it was a mistake" not to consider the hypothesis of murder, but "the superiors wanted us to approach the case as if something had been missing."

Leia mais em: https://www.novagente.pt/maddie-goncalo-amaral-diz-que-sequestro-foi-simulado-pelos-pais

Amaral seems determined on insisting that Brueckner was eliminated from the inquiry early days and while on his watch as as coordinator.

I fail to see why - even if Brueckner had been interviewed ??? back then Amaral is so insistent on his innocence. 

At that time although unsuspected, he was already guilty of the horrific rape for which he was later convicted and further intelligence and some paedophile convictions were not known about in 2007 because they had not yet happened, but we know about them now.

Yet Amaral is still defending Brueckner on the basis that he was allowed to slip through the PJ investigation which Amaral coordinated back in the day.

All I can say is that those who have interviewed Amaral over the years have done so in a demonstrably anodyne fashion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4172 on: March 01, 2022, 10:02:26 AM »
26 August 2021

Amaral dismisses Brueckner's involvement in Maddie's disappearance

This is a thesis defended by Gonçalo since the beginning of the investigation and now comes to say that Christian Brueckner "has nothing to do with maddie's disappearance".

"In the early hours, even before we distrusted the parents, we received a list of pedophiles who lived in the area and Brueckner was on that list.

But how did someone break into the apartment without leaving fingerprints or other evidence," the former inspector questioned.

During the interview, Amaral also said that the investigation should have been more complete and that "it was a mistake" not to consider the hypothesis of murder, but "the superiors wanted us to approach the case as if something had been missing."

Leia mais em: https://www.novagente.pt/maddie-goncalo-amaral-diz-que-sequestro-foi-simulado-pelos-pais

Amaral seems determined on insisting that Brueckner was eliminated from the inquiry early days and while on his watch as as coordinator.

I fail to see why - even if Brueckner had been interviewed ??? back then Amaral is so insistent on his innocence. 

At that time although unsuspected, he was already guilty of the horrific rape for which he was later convicted and further intelligence and some paedophile convictions were not known about in 2007 because they had not yet happened, but we know about them now.

Yet Amaral is still defending Brueckner on the basis that he was allowed to slip through the PJ investigation which Amaral coordinated back in the day.

All I can say is that those who have interviewed Amaral over the years have done so in a demonstrably anodyne fashion.

As have the McCanns.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4173 on: March 01, 2022, 10:07:52 AM »
As have the McCanns.
As have the McCanns what?  They have faced some tough interrogators over the years (Paxman for example and let's not forget Sandra F, whose interview was considered quite heroic in some quarters - until recently).  Why has no one asked Amaral to explain why he made up false information about Bruckner?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4174 on: March 01, 2022, 10:10:53 AM »
As have the McCanns.

You are wrong.

And just two instances illustrate exactly how wrong you are.

Kate and Gerry were asked if they had killed Madeleine at a press conference.

I recall the 'ask the dogs' interview which turned Sandra Felgueiras into a bit of a sceptic icon for a time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4175 on: March 01, 2022, 01:18:57 PM »
It is quite often said of Amaral that the conduct of Madeleine's case had nothing to do with him.  Seems a big boy dunnit and ran away.

Amaral obviously doesn't know that as he claims full credit in 2008.

What relationship did you have with the Martimonio McCann?

I was the head of the investigation department of the case in the Judicial Police in Portimao.

I was in charge of ordering all the investigative work and making sure I followed their course, so I have been once or twice with the marriage, and also with all the witnesses and with the inspectors who worked on the case.

I don't want to argue publicly with the McCanns, they've lost a daughter. I am not interested in myself or the parents, here the only victim is the girl.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20080911656/entrevista/goncalo/amaral/

Actually - reading that paragraph would indicate that he is indeed a stranger to the truth - as anyone knowing anything of the case will spot.
So maybe his support have got it right - despite the fact he contradicts them.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4176 on: March 01, 2022, 06:25:47 PM »
It is quite often said of Amaral that the conduct of Madeleine's case had nothing to do with him.  Seems a big boy dunnit and ran away.

Amaral obviously doesn't know that as he claims full credit in 2008.

What relationship did you have with the Martimonio McCann?

I was the head of the investigation department of the case in the Judicial Police in Portimao.

I was in charge of ordering all the investigative work and making sure I followed their course, so I have been once or twice with the marriage, and also with all the witnesses and with the inspectors who worked on the case.

I don't want to argue publicly with the McCanns, they've lost a daughter. I am not interested in myself or the parents, here the only victim is the girl.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/20080911656/entrevista/goncalo/amaral/

Actually - reading that paragraph would indicate that he is indeed a stranger to the truth - as anyone knowing anything of the case will spot.
So maybe his support have got it right - despite the fact he contradicts them.

Amaral's job was Coordinator, which, imo, means directing the team of investigators, not necessarily deciding what they should investgate.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4177 on: March 01, 2022, 06:33:40 PM »
Amaral's job was Coordinator, which, imo, means directing the team of investigators, not necessarily deciding what they should investgate.
So if his seniors had told him it was a stranger abduction he would not have investigated the parents and discarded any evidence that pointed to their involvement?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4178 on: March 01, 2022, 07:56:10 PM »

I rather think your opinion is at variance with Amaral's account of his role in the investigation.

Amaral claims
"I was the head of the investigation department  ..." 

Amaral claims
"I was in charge of ordering all the investigative work ..."

How do you account for that - lost in translation, perhaps?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4179 on: March 01, 2022, 08:40:57 PM »
I rather think your opinion is at variance with Amaral's account of his role in the investigation.

Amaral claims
"I was the head of the investigation department  ..." 

Amaral claims
"I was in charge of ordering all the investigative work ..."

How do you account for that - lost in translation, perhaps?

Amaral had superiors; Encarnacao and Neves. Had there been disagreement about the direction of the investigation their opinions would have dominated. They were all in agreement though. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4180 on: March 01, 2022, 08:47:03 PM »
Amaral had superiors; Encarnacao and Neves. Had there been disagreement about the direction of the investigation their opinions would have dominated. They were all in agreement though.
Yes.. They all misunderstood the evidence

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4181 on: March 01, 2022, 09:01:33 PM »

Amaral never once attributed interference with his investigation to Encarnacao and Neves - unless you can provide evidence to the differ.

Amaral had plenty to say about interference from almost everyone else in the Western hemisphere - wonder why he didn't say a choockie bird about Encarnacao and Neves.
Wonder if you are wrong again and they left him very much to his own devices.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 09:03:35 PM by Brietta »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4182 on: March 01, 2022, 10:56:09 PM »
Everyone in the police has superiors right up to the very top, are you suggesting that no one below the rank of Toppermost Cop is able to decide for themselves on the direction of an investigation?

Offline Ms Para glider

« Reply #4183 on: March 01, 2022, 11:48:07 PM »

Ah, the sceptics lord and truthmaster, Mister Amaral. A man who seemingly cannot figure out how someone can break in through an unlocked sliding door. And who has apparently yet to discover in all his years of police work, that people who deliberately break into places tend to wear gloves. Quite what he means by "other evidence" we can only wonder. Perhaps he was hoping for some giant muddy footprints, some body fluids randomly sprayed about the place or perhaps the intruder's wallet fallen out of his pocket.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4184 on: March 02, 2022, 07:03:13 AM »
Amaral never once attributed interference with his investigation to Encarnacao and Neves - unless you can provide evidence to the differ.

Amaral had plenty to say about interference from almost everyone else in the Western hemisphere - wonder why he didn't say a choockie bird about Encarnacao and Neves.
Wonder if you are wrong again and they left him very much to his own devices.

It was Encarnacao who suggested that Madeleine fell from the back of the couch under the window, and he and Neves who, Kate alleges, subjected the McCanns to an off the record accusatory interview on 8th August 2007. Imo they were completely involved.
Result = happy posting.