Author Topic: Clarence Mitchell fails in latest bid to be Tory candidate.  (Read 7953 times)

Offline The General

Re: Clarence Mitchell fails in latest bid to be Tory candidate.
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »
In what way is Clarence Mitchell a pivotal figure in the case of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?  How has he influenced the investigation(s) into her disappearance in your view?
1. He's a pivotal figure as he was their spokesperson for a while, as is common knowledge, in the public domain, as stated personally in his statement http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CLARENCE_EDEN_MITCHELL.htm
2. That is nebulous, particularly from my position of lowly 4 star general with a passing interest in the case. However I can say that, in my opinion, he's absolutely world class at what he does - he's extremely intelligent, well briefed and can think on his feet in an ingenious manner. He's sought after for a reason. Now how would such an expert in PR simply bump in to Gerry McCann in a provincial police station in Leicestershire? ""I met Gerry at the end of May 2007 when he returned to the UK after his daughter's disappearance. It was a circumstantial meeting at Leicestershire Police station".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 01:16:37 PM by John »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2018, 12:25:49 PM »
Also can you pin point exactly where in that interview Clarence states categorically that Cambridge Analytica did not harvest data?  Cos I've listened to it and he doesn't seem to say that to me...
Around the 15 minute mark.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
Around the 15 minute mark.
He states CA was not set up with a view to harvesting FB data, that’s not a denial that it did, is it?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:59:07 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2018, 12:48:24 PM »
1. He's a pivotal figure as he was their spokesperson for a while, as is common knowledge, in the public domain, as stated personally in his statement http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CLARENCE_EDEN_MITCHELL.htm
2. That is nebulous, particularly from my position of lowly 4 star general with a passing interest in the case. However I can say that, in my opinion, he's absolutely world class at what he does - he's extremely intelligent, well briefed and can think on his feet in an ingenious manner. He's sought after for a reason. Now how would such an expert in PR simply bump in to Gerry McCann in a provincial police station in Leicestershire? ""I met Gerry at the end of May 2007 when he returned to the UK after his daughter's disappearance. It was a circumstantial meeting at Leicestershire Police station".
What are you suggesting? 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:59:23 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »
The topic of the thread is ... "Clarence Mitchell fails in latest bid to be Tory candidate." 

Please make the attempt to stick to that topic in whichever way one can.  Future off topic posts will be deleted.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »
He states CA was not set up with a view to harvesting FB data, that’s not a denial that it did, is it?

Offline Sunny

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:59:42 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline The General

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2018, 12:56:22 PM »
What are you suggesting?
Nothing.
I'm going to stick to the topic, therefore am unable to answer any further, unrelated questions.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2018, 12:59:02 PM »
The topic of the thread is ... "Clarence Mitchell fails in latest bid to be Tory candidate." 

Please make the attempt to stick to that topic in whichever way one can.  Future off topic posts will be deleted.

Clarence Mitchell certainly put up a good fight on their behalf on the C4 link I have just posted and this is part of his past so therefore may affect his chances of becoming an MP IMO.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 05:21:36 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline The General

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2018, 01:06:21 PM »
Clarence Mitchell certainly put up a good fight on their behalf on the C4 link I have just posted and this is part of his past so therefore may affect his chances of becoming an MP IMO.

Of all of his most recent assignments, the CA spokesperson role certainly didn't enhance his reputation. His CV must have a bearing on his candidacy, particularly when casting candidates against each other in the final round. The winner, Paul Bristow, actually looks a good fit, being a resident and has a recent history of candidacy and activism.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 05:44:03 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »
A reminder to all members to comply with the forum rules and especially those with respect to new members. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2018, 01:21:46 PM »
Of all of his most recent assignments, the CA spokesperson role certainly didn't enhance his reputation. His CV must have a bearing on his candidacy, particularly when casting candidates against each other in the final round. The winner, Paul Bristow, actually looks a good fit, being a resident and has a recent history of candidacy and activism.

I agree with you but cannot see what relevance it has to the present case
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:00:03 PM by John »

Offline The General

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2018, 01:25:41 PM »
I agree with you but cannot see what relevance it has to the present case
Well the thread is entitled: Clarence Mitchell fails in latest bid to be Tory candidate.
So I'm pointing out that, despite my misgivings regarding his career path, he's deemed adequately suited to reach the final stages of a Conservative Party selection committee for candidacy to run as MP for a constituency. The fact that he fell at the final hurdle is probably more to do with the strength of the CV of the winning candidate as it is a reflection of his.

edit: MP, not MY

Offline misty

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2018, 01:36:22 PM »
Well the thread is entitled: Clarence Mitchell fails in latest bid to be Tory candidate.
So I'm pointing out that, despite my misgivings regarding his career path, he's deemed adequately suited to reach the final stages of a Conservative Party selection committee for candidacy to run as MP for a constituency. The fact that he fell at the final hurdle is probably more to do with the strength of the CV of the winning candidate as it is a reflection of his.

edit: MP, not MY

Welcome, GS.
I tend to agree with your opinion. The people of Peterborough would have been far more inclined to vote for a person who had demonstrated he worked for the benefit of the community rather than the benefit of the serving government.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:00:18 PM by John »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »
Welcome, GS.
I tend to agree with your opinion. The people of Peterborough would have been far more inclined to vote for a person who had demonstrated he worked for the benefit of the community rather than the benefit of the serving government.
Good point.

But unless the selection committee tells us what swayed them, it is speculation.
What's up, old man?