Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401157 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3090 on: August 24, 2017, 04:18:20 PM »
What do you want citing?

What a shame John won't allow us to have rude emoticons

%#£%

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3091 on: August 24, 2017, 04:20:41 PM »

%#£%

Maybe just answer the question?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3092 on: August 24, 2017, 05:13:13 PM »

%#£%

Oooooo, I would like those    %£5&%

Not too rude tho.  Just enough to add a bit of spice to some otherwise (sometimes) boring posts

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3093 on: August 24, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »
What do you want citing?

kerfuffle
kəˈfʌf(ə)l/Submit
nounBRITISHinformal
a commotion or fuss, especially one caused by conflicting views.
Google

You instigated a query for a cite when you insinuated:
"Notice a lot of kerfuffle going on about the OFM FB page coming up as a Charity.
Someone has been a bit careless hopefully."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5764.msg420900#msg420900

You brought a claim to the forum stating that you have noticed a commotion or fuss.  You have not stated provenance of your information which is stated as a fact.
A cite involves indicating where exactly you noticed this kerfuffle ~ commotion or fuss.

Or are you declaring exemption from the strictures expected of every other member of the forum?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:41:50 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3094 on: August 24, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »
kerfuffle
kəˈfʌf(ə)l/Submit
nounBRITISHinformal
a commotion or fuss, especially one caused by conflicting views.
Google

You instigated a query for a cite when you insinuated:
"Notice a lot of kerfuffle going on about the OFM FB page coming up as a Charity.
Someone has been a bit careless hopefully."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5764.msg420900#msg420900

You brought a claim to the forum stating that you have noticed a commotion or fuss.  You have not stated provenance of your information which is stated as a fact.
A cite involves indicating where exactly you noticed this kerfuffle ~ commotion or fuss.

Or are you declaring exemption from the strictures expected of every other member of the forum?

Since you answered the question and asked so nicely....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoCONTROVERSYofMadeleineMcCann/
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3095 on: August 24, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »
Since you answered the question and asked so nicely....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoCONTROVERSYofMadeleineMcCann/

I can't access most of the groups at the link you have provided, so not much good as a cite ... what on earth is it that has to be hidden from the public domain?

By the way ... I missed the dismemberment of the owner's videos on this forum, before my time ... absolutely debunked, I believe.
Was there not a restriction in place about linking to her as well as other disreputable sites?  If so does it still stand?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3096 on: August 24, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »
I can't access most of the groups at the link you have provided, so not much good as a cite ... what on earth is it that has to be hidden from the public domain?

By the way ... I missed the dismemberment of the owner's videos on this forum, before my time ... absolutely debunked, I believe.
Was there not a restriction in place about linking to her as well as other disreputable sites?  If so does it still stand?

You asked for a cite, you got it.

P.S. my original post neither supported nor opposed the kerfuffle, just pointed out its existence and possible cause.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3097 on: August 24, 2017, 08:42:14 PM »

I saw something the other day which said Facebook had limited what non-members could see. I didn't take much notice and I can't find it now.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #3098 on: August 24, 2017, 10:20:24 PM »

You are quite correct Brietta.  IIRC the videos were completely debunked and they were officially declared not allowed on this forum.

Seems John has renagued on that?

Offline jassi

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3100 on: August 30, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »
An investigative journalist she isn't;

The most recent accounts filed last month covering the financial year 2015-2016 show a balance of £714,800.

05 Jan 2017   Accounts for a small company made up to 31 March 2016
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06248215/filing-history
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3102 on: September 24, 2017, 03:24:45 PM »
This seems to bring out strong opinions on both sides. I think it clouds the issue when it's children. Looking at these actions in another way might help. Is it OK to drug your partner so you can nip out and meet your lover, for example? Is it OK to drug an elderly relative you care for so you can have a night out? No matter what the age or mental capacity of the person, is it ever ethical to medicate them for your own ends?

MUMBELIEVABLE Mum sparks furious debate after saying she drugs her kids and leaves them alone in hotel room
Some shocked mums asked if the 'self-centred parents' had 'learned nothing from Madeleine McCann'

By Josie Griffiths
24th September 2017, 12:02 pm  Updated: 24th September 2017, 12:28 pm

A SHOCKED mum has asked for advice after an Instagram user boasted about “drugging her children and leaving them alone in a hotel room” – but is all as it seems?

Mumsnet user amazinggracie was horrified when a woman she follows, who is on holiday in Geneva with her husband and two kids, shared the post last night.

There’s been shock on Mumsnet after a woman boasted about ‘drugging’ her kids before leaving them alone to go to the hotel bar with her husband

In her “horrendous” Instagram story, the unnamed mum-of-two is said to have “given the kids Piriton to get them to sleep.”

Piriton is an allergy relief drug which can cause drowsiness in both children and adults.

According to the thread, the woman then went and “joined her husband in the bar, leaving her phone in the room connected to Skype to her husband’s phone so they could see them while they were in the bar.”

“I just feel all kinds of uncomfortable,” amazinggracie added. “Surely people don’t do this??

“I should add that she’d posted support from her other followers who were hailing it a great idea”.

Many of her fellow mums were equally shocked.

The Instagram user claims to have given her kids Piriton to make them drowsy – but some suspect it’s just a ‘bad taste joke’

Among them was TheStoic, who wrote: “So she posted that she drugged her children and left them alone in a hotel room?  Can you post a screenshot?”

While HiJenny35 wrote: “What drug your children so you can go on the p***, no that’s not ok”.

And YellowFlower201 added: “Crazy!!! Leaving them is bad enough but drugging them is just madness.”

One mum said said: “I would literally take a screenshot and inform social services when they get back.

“How can you drug your kids?! And then leave them alone in a hotel room?!

“Did bloody idiotic self-centred parents learn nothing from Madeleine McCann?”

While another concerned parent said of the decision: “What a risk to take.”

But other mums were less worried about the post.

One wrote: “It’s definitely not a crime to give kids Piriton for sleep as my GP prescribed it for DD (dear daughter) at one stage.

“I also doubt it’s a crime to leave them in a hotel room if you’re watching them via a link the entire time.”

Another mum agreed, adding: “FFS (for f***s sake) get a grip people, this is not the work of the devil, it is at most a tad irresponsible”.

While others suspected the entire thing was nothing more than a “bad taste” joke.

One commenter said: “I know the lady you are referring to and she is one of the best mums I know.

“I suspect a large amount of hyperbole has gone into this, and you are taking things a bit too literally.”

But amazinggracie was still unimpressed, writing: “If it’s a big joke then I’ll accept that but it’s just in really bad taste.

“I can’t see the humour in leaving your kids alone in a hotel room”.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/4534502/mum-sparks-furious-debate-drugs-kids-leaves-them-alone-hotel-room/
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #3103 on: September 24, 2017, 06:20:36 PM »
You are quite correct Brietta.  IIRC the videos were completely debunked and they were officially declared not allowed on this forum.

Seems John has renagued on that?

Debunked by who exactly ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3104 on: September 24, 2017, 06:23:23 PM »
This seems to bring out strong opinions on both sides. I think it clouds the issue when it's children. Looking at these actions in another way might help. Is it OK to drug your partner so you can nip out and meet your lover, for example? Is it OK to drug an elderly relative you care for so you can have a night out? No matter what the age or mental capacity of the person, is it ever ethical to medicate them for your own ends?

MUMBELIEVABLE Mum sparks furious debate after saying she drugs her kids and leaves them alone in hotel room
Some shocked mums asked if the 'self-centred parents' had 'learned nothing from Madeleine McCann'

By Josie Griffiths
24th September 2017, 12:02 pm  Updated: 24th September 2017, 12:28 pm

A SHOCKED mum has asked for advice after an Instagram user boasted about “drugging her children and leaving them alone in a hotel room” – but is all as it seems?

Mumsnet user amazinggracie was horrified when a woman she follows, who is on holiday in Geneva with her husband and two kids, shared the post last night.

There’s been shock on Mumsnet after a woman boasted about ‘drugging’ her kids before leaving them alone to go to the hotel bar with her husband

In her “horrendous” Instagram story, the unnamed mum-of-two is said to have “given the kids Piriton to get them to sleep.”

Piriton is an allergy relief drug which can cause drowsiness in both children and adults.

According to the thread, the woman then went and “joined her husband in the bar, leaving her phone in the room connected to Skype to her husband’s phone so they could see them while they were in the bar.”

“I just feel all kinds of uncomfortable,” amazinggracie added. “Surely people don’t do this??

“I should add that she’d posted support from her other followers who were hailing it a great idea”.

Many of her fellow mums were equally shocked.

The Instagram user claims to have given her kids Piriton to make them drowsy – but some suspect it’s just a ‘bad taste joke’

Among them was TheStoic, who wrote: “So she posted that she drugged her children and left them alone in a hotel room?  Can you post a screenshot?”

While HiJenny35 wrote: “What drug your children so you can go on the p***, no that’s not ok”.

And YellowFlower201 added: “Crazy!!! Leaving them is bad enough but drugging them is just madness.”

One mum said said: “I would literally take a screenshot and inform social services when they get back.

“How can you drug your kids?! And then leave them alone in a hotel room?!

“Did bloody idiotic self-centred parents learn nothing from Madeleine McCann?”

While another concerned parent said of the decision: “What a risk to take.”

But other mums were less worried about the post.

One wrote: “It’s definitely not a crime to give kids Piriton for sleep as my GP prescribed it for DD (dear daughter) at one stage.

“I also doubt it’s a crime to leave them in a hotel room if you’re watching them via a link the entire time.”

Another mum agreed, adding: “FFS (for f***s sake) get a grip people, this is not the work of the devil, it is at most a tad irresponsible”.

While others suspected the entire thing was nothing more than a “bad taste” joke.

One commenter said: “I know the lady you are referring to and she is one of the best mums I know.

“I suspect a large amount of hyperbole has gone into this, and you are taking things a bit too literally.”

But amazinggracie was still unimpressed, writing: “If it’s a big joke then I’ll accept that but it’s just in really bad taste.

“I can’t see the humour in leaving your kids alone in a hotel room”.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/4534502/mum-sparks-furious-debate-drugs-kids-leaves-them-alone-hotel-room/

Create A Prank And Trick All Your Friends!

Simply Create Your Own Prank And Then Share It On Your Social Network Pages!
Title

Title Of Your Article
Text

The Content Of Your Article
Upload File
Choose file
Create Story