Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401126 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3435 on: September 12, 2018, 05:58:53 PM »
Are, the Portuguese public angry at the amount of money the PJ are, spending on the case..... Prob not as, they are doing nothing... Just paying lip service imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #3436 on: September 12, 2018, 08:35:48 PM »
Are, the Portuguese public angry at the amount of money the PJ are, spending on the case..... Prob not as, they are doing nothing... Just paying lip service imo

In the meantime OG are going no where fast.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3437 on: September 12, 2018, 08:37:18 PM »
It's looking like Lip Service to me.  Operation Grange do the work, because they are better at it, and Portugal says, "Thanks very much."

In the end it all depends on who was responsible for the abduction of Madeleine McCann, and of what Nationality.  Quite possibly not even Portuguese.

Better at what work,which case like this one have they been involved in?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3438 on: September 12, 2018, 08:39:44 PM »
From the sun article posted by Jassi.

quote "there has been no significant clues as to what could have happened" end quote

This is what the expertise of Scotland yard bring?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:57:15 PM by Robittybob1 »

Offline jassi

« Reply #3439 on: September 12, 2018, 08:46:10 PM »
From the sun article posted by Jassi.

This is what the expertise of Scotland yard bring?

Have they done anything other than confirm what the Portuguese had already determined ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #3440 on: September 12, 2018, 09:03:56 PM »
Have they done anything other than confirm what the Portuguese had already determined ?
Hard to argue they have.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3441 on: September 12, 2018, 09:26:25 PM »
Hard to argue they have.
It doesn't appear that Operation Grange have actually achieved anything of value as yet.   However I still believe that their gravy train will continue.

If the Portuguese are doing nothing as some posters say then I don't blame them as Scotland Yard don't seem to be getting very far IMO.

Surely if Operation Grange have not interviewed the McCanns or the tapas friends this should be done quickly as they may hold a vital clue to Madeleine's disappearance possibly without knowing it.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline jassi

« Reply #3442 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »
It doesn't appear that Operation Grange have actually achieved anything of value as yet.   However I still believe that their gravy train will continue.

If the Portuguese are doing nothing as some posters say then I don't blame them as Scotland Yard don't seem to be getting very far IMO.

Surely if Operation Grange have not interviewed the McCanns or the tapas friends this should be done quickly as they may hold a vital clue to Madeleine's disappearance possibly without knowing it.

I find it amazing that they haven't done so as all the Tapas group interviews in Portugal were recorded in Portuguese.

Maybe these translations are no where near as unreliable as some like to claim  8(0(*
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #3443 on: September 12, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »

They have no need to interview them,Rowley was happy with what happened in the first investigation, remembering what the SC court had to say.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3444 on: September 12, 2018, 09:34:07 PM »

They have no need to interview them,Rowley was happy with what happened in the first investigation, remembering what the SC court had to say.
Sorry Barrier, I wasn't meaning as suspects just that there may be something in their memories that they don't even know is evidence.

I wonder what translations Scotland Yard are using. The ones online, the ones the McCanns paid for or their own translations.

Surely Scotland Yard aren't being very professional if they aren't interviewing the main witnesses in the case.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:36:31 PM by Sunny »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline barrier

« Reply #3445 on: September 12, 2018, 09:39:57 PM »
I wasn't meaning as suspects just that there may be something in their memories that they don't even know is evidence.

I wonder what translations Scotland Yard are using. The ones online, the ones the McCanns paid for or their own translations.

Their own,in reply to a question on a radio programme which was what do 30 officers do all day,Hogan Howe replied that you had to remember that all the thousands of pages had to be translated.

https://youtu.be/n9vJm03dlI8

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:43:21 PM by barrier »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3446 on: September 13, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »
Their own,in reply to a question on a radio programme which was what do 30 officers do all day,Hogan Howe replied that you had to remember that all the thousands of pages had to be translated.

https://youtu.be/n9vJm03dlI8

Not just translated... But assessed and if necessary followed up.  There  was a colossal amount of information and this us why it has cost 11 million

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3447 on: September 13, 2018, 05:36:18 PM »
Sunny said in response to the news that the police have submitted a request to the Home Office for further support in their joint operation with the Portuguese police https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-request-another-six-months-funding-investigate-disappearance-madeleine-mccann-114513101.html

Snip
It is looking like groundhog day to me. In 2 - 3 weeks we will get the approval of funding for Operation Grange. I haven't had an interest in this case for all that long but even I see a pattern with the media stories.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg487799#msg487799

I think it is groundhog day in more than one way.
The general focus appears to be not on the police asking for money to continue what logically must therefore be an active investigation with more work still to be done but on the money which has been spent in allowing them to get to that stage.

I believe the small but vociferous force which purports to be all for Madeleine have had that small amount of success causing the gripe of cost for justice to be in the forefront.  In my opinion ignoring the fact that the police are tasked with following evidence until there is none to follow.

One FOI request on top of another has pursued the investigation into this missing child right from inception in what I consider could be classed as an abuse of the system. As for example ... not so much on money in this one ... more in my opinion a transparent longing for the closure of Madeleine's case long before it is due ...

Question
3. Who will make the final decision as to whether or not to close or 'shelve' the active investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The MPS response to Q3:
As in all major enquiries the decision to close the active phase of an investigation is taken by a senior officer in consultation with the relevant partners and stakeholders.  It is then kept under review for new opportunities.

https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2016/february_2016/information-rights-unit---information-on-operation-grange---madeleine-mccann

What sort of individuals are these who in my opinion are willing to actively leave no stone unturned in their desire to sacrifice the police investigation into the disappearance of a missing child on their own altar of hatred.

Groundhog day indeed.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:39:41 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3448 on: September 13, 2018, 06:12:37 PM »

Sorry, I don’t follow your logic there.  Surely the PJ should be putting in more work if Operation Grange are so inept, not resting on their backsides doing nothing simply because in your estimation SY haven’t got very far?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #3449 on: September 13, 2018, 06:16:37 PM »
Sunny said in response to the news that the police have submitted a request to the Home Office for further support in their joint operation with the Portuguese police https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-request-another-six-months-funding-investigate-disappearance-madeleine-mccann-114513101.html

Snip
It is looking like groundhog day to me. In 2 - 3 weeks we will get the approval of funding for Operation Grange. I haven't had an interest in this case for all that long but even I see a pattern with the media stories.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg487799#msg487799

I think it is groundhog day in more than one way.
The general focus appears to be not on the police asking for money to continue what logically must therefore be an active investigation with more work still to be done but on the money which has been spent in allowing them to get to that stage.

I believe the small but vociferous force which purports to be all for Madeleine have had that small amount of success causing the gripe of cost for justice to be in the forefront.  In my opinion ignoring the fact that the police are tasked with following evidence until there is none to follow.

One FOI request on top of another has pursued the investigation into this missing child right from inception in what I consider could be classed as an abuse of the system. As for example ... not so much on money in this one ... more in my opinion a transparent longing for the closure of Madeleine's case long before it is due ...

Question
3. Who will make the final decision as to whether or not to close or 'shelve' the active investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The MPS response to Q3:
As in all major enquiries the decision to close the active phase of an investigation is taken by a senior officer in consultation with the relevant partners and stakeholders.  It is then kept under review for new opportunities.

https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2016/february_2016/information-rights-unit---information-on-operation-grange---madeleine-mccann

What sort of individuals are these who in my opinion are willing to actively leave no stone unturned in their desire to sacrifice the police investigation into the disappearance of a missing child on their own altar of hatred.

Groundhog day indeed.

I suppose in this case the stakeholders are the CPS and the Home Office, both of whom will be used to making pragmatic decisions based on reality  rather than emotion.

Or maybe not -