Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401137 times)

Offline xtina

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3465 on: September 13, 2018, 11:56:17 PM »
LOL, according to the Sun, a paper you despise and which according to your avatar is full of lies, gotta love it!  @)(++(*

Its all full of lies...so what are you laughing at......

The mccs are still not cleared are they....... @)(++(*
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3466 on: September 13, 2018, 11:58:52 PM »

Its all full of lies...so what are you laughing at......

The mccs are still not cleared are they....... @)(++(*
I’m laughing at Faithlilly, soz I can’t help it.  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline xtina

« Reply #3467 on: September 14, 2018, 12:05:08 AM »
all you abduction believers....i should have said..... @)(++(*

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3468 on: September 14, 2018, 12:16:17 AM »
LOL, according to the Sun, a paper you despise and which according to your avatar is full of lies, gotta love it!  @)(++(*

Just pointing out what was written. The Sun being close to the couple n all, you’d think abducted would be a given.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3469 on: September 14, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »
Just pointing out what was written. The Sun being close to the couple n all, you’d think abducted would be a given.
Do you think the Sun have been privately briefed by the Met then?  Or has a memrandum been sent out to the media by the government to cease and desist the use of the A word...?  *%87 *%6^
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3470 on: September 14, 2018, 07:25:43 AM »
It's a sign of how little sceptics have to support their argument that they should take so much encouragement to such an insignificant detail

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3471 on: September 14, 2018, 07:28:05 AM »
Apart from the headline that story is exactly the same as the previous one shared by Brietta.

In that article too the Home Office hadn't received an official request from Scotland Yard.

Ergo a rehash with a sensational headline and IMO totally pointless.

Apologies Erngath for earlier misreading your post.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline xtina

« Reply #3472 on: September 14, 2018, 07:29:40 AM »
Do you think the Sun have been privately briefed by the Met then?  Or has a memrandum been sent out to the media by the government to cease and desist the use of the A word...?  *%87 *%6^

Or has a memrandum been sent out to the media by the government to cease and desist the use of the A word...?

Or stop printing fake news........

Probably be getting ...another serialisation from the mccs soon.......

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3473 on: September 14, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »

Not at all but if the McCanns have been ruled out, as many on here claim, then shouldn’t the word be abducted not disappeared?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3474 on: September 14, 2018, 10:51:00 AM »
The link I provided states the Sun contacted the home office, so I don't see why it's in any way amusing that FaithLilly is discussing what is said in The Sun. It's hardly from an anonymous 'source close to the family' like so much of the McCann clap-trap stories.

"The Met Police said earlier this week it was 'in dialogue' with the Home Office over more funding to carry on the 11-year hunt - which has cost £11million to date.

But the Home Office today told The Sun Online no formal request has been made."

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3475 on: September 14, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »
The link I provided states the Sun contacted the home office, so I don't see why it's in any way amusing that FaithLilly is discussing what is said in The Sun. It's hardly from an anonymous 'source close to the family' like so much of the McCann clap-trap stories.

"The Met Police said earlier this week it was 'in dialogue' with the Home Office over more funding to carry on the 11-year hunt - which has cost £11million to date.

that's exactly what has been said the last three times afaiaa

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3476 on: September 14, 2018, 11:15:18 AM »

"Formal Request."  Make what you will of that.

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3477 on: September 14, 2018, 11:19:50 AM »
"Formal Request."  Make what you will of that.

What I make of it is exactly what is says really, they have not at this stage formally asked for any money.

Why the UK media jumped the gin confirmed they had is the interesting thing to me.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3478 on: September 14, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »
What I make of it is exactly what is says really, they have not at this stage formally asked for any money.

Why the UK media jumped the gin confirmed they had is the interesting thing to me.

News Stories make money.  Nothing interesting about that.

Offline Gertrude

« Reply #3479 on: September 14, 2018, 12:57:41 PM »
News Stories make money.  Nothing interesting about that.

Really?  Making money is a moot point, l'm sure everyone knows that.
    The UK Media are usually kept well versed or 'in the loop' by the McCann's spokesman Clarence. So this time he either told them porkies, or they didn't consult him for some reason. Maybe he isn't 'in the loop' anymore with the Met. ....so it is interesting IMO.