Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401139 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3690 on: October 04, 2018, 10:52:58 AM »
Is SY now funding the case through their budget ? Does this point to the ‘last lead’ being a British one ?

The idea of paying retrospectively suggests to me that OG have no firm plans to do anything. If something should come up. they'll pay for any expenses and then claim back the money from the Home Office.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3691 on: October 04, 2018, 10:59:45 AM »
The idea of paying retrospectively suggests to me that OG have no firm plans to do anything. If something should come up. they'll pay for any expenses and then claim back the money from the Home Office.

If that is the case surely the public would have been told, as with Claudia Lawrence.

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/claudia-lawrence-investigation/claudia-lawrence-enquiry-moves-reactive-phase/

To have all mention of OG pulled from the Met’s website with no explanation I think is odd.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3692 on: October 04, 2018, 11:16:22 AM »
If that is the case surely the public would have been told, as with Claudia Lawrence.

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/news/claudia-lawrence-investigation/claudia-lawrence-enquiry-moves-reactive-phase/

To have all mention of OG pulled from the Met’s website with no explanation I think is odd.

The two cases are very different. Announcing that OG is moving to a reactive phase would result in a media storm of epic proportions, don't you think?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3693 on: October 04, 2018, 11:25:59 AM »
Is SY now funding the case through their budget ? Does this point to the ‘last lead’ being a British one ?
I am of the opinion that Operation Grange has ceased.  This is based on the fact that routes by which the public could contact OG no longer exist.

There is a longer explanation on my blog.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3694 on: October 04, 2018, 12:14:59 PM »
Well those were my thoughts too but I was firmly put in my place by Alice for suggesting it.

As it is an international case the CPS will be involved throughout. My post to which you responded said: "Eventually it will be passed to the CPS as that is the way the system works.
Otherwise OG would have had no objective whatever......except possibly "it all makes work for the working man to do".
You seem to think differently or wanted to drag the conversation away from that particular issue.

Maybe this will help clarify:

CPS
The CPS is a designated prosecuting authority under the Crime (International Co-operation) Act 2003 (CICA). Every case the CPS deals with is allocated to a reviewing lawyer who is responsible for all aspects of the file, including the issue of letters of request (LOR) and extradition requests.

Early consultation with the CPS is required due to the timescales involved in producing the LOR, particularly in cases where arrest warrants are involved.

Some European countries may be very specific on the way information is requested. The Netherlands, for example, has strict privacy laws which subsequently mean that they require an LOR for almost any request for personal data.
 Investigators should provide the CPS with robust reasons why an LOR is needed.

[/b]

That's clear enough I think.  Should you have any queries, however, please hesitate to contact me and ponder whether your query would be more appropriately addressed to the CPS.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline barrier

« Reply #3695 on: October 04, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »
Is SY now funding the case through their budget ?

According to the star they are.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/734120/madeleine-mccann-search-continue-scotland-yard-official-money-gone

Madeleine McCann search to CARRY ON even after official cash gone
SCOTLAND YARD appeared to be footing the bill for the Madeleine McCann search last night as official cash dried up.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3696 on: October 04, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »

I think the money is being spent on Surveillance, The Bills for which would be submitted and paid retrospectively.

Offline John

« Reply #3697 on: October 04, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/734120/madeleine-mccann-search-continue-scotland-yard-official-money-gone

SCOTLAND YARD appeared to be footing the bill for the Madeleine McCann search last night as official cash dried up.

Wow!   That's some story but the truth is the enquiry has all but ended because all leads were dead ends.  SY aren't going to come out and say that though as they might be asked to justify their spend.

There's probably enough surplus in the kitty to keep a file open, other than that its anyone's guess.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 02:41:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3698 on: October 04, 2018, 02:31:59 PM »
I think the money is being spent on Surveillance, The Bills for which would be submitted and paid retrospectively.

With the ground force team on stand by should more landscaping of the Portuguese countryside be needed.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3699 on: October 04, 2018, 02:33:54 PM »
I am of the opinion that Operation Grange has ceased.  This is based on the fact that routes by which the public could contact OG no longer exist.

So,Smithman must have been identified if  information is no longer required.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3700 on: October 04, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »

If they are footing the bill then I think we can assume it has been shelved! Not closed- just shelved.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

« Reply #3701 on: October 04, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »

I agree.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3702 on: October 04, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »
With the ground force team on stand by should more landscaping of the Portuguese countryside be needed.

I am not thinking of Portugal.

« Reply #3703 on: October 04, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »
The two cases are very different. Announcing that OG is moving to a reactive phase would result in a media storm of epic proportions, don't you think?

I agree they are both different. For a start the crime was in UK for young Stephen. Then there was institutionalised racism alledged (Which I beleive in the case with Stephen). The people (I loath to call them people) who did commit this heious, cowardly crime, were known to the police as being rascist themselves, and the CPS just couldn't make a case to stick. And how they taunted the public/and stephens parents with their vile  videos and behaviour.

We don't have a name for the crime/s which have been and/ or, may still being commited against her- So as such  there are no suspects.  The SY have told us that the parents are not suspects in the abduction of their daughter- which is great because why would they abduct their own daughter? and since there is no evidence of forced entry and the removal of MBM then many police are stood standing scrathing their heads.

« Reply #3704 on: October 04, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
Wow!   That's some story but the truth is the enquiry has all but ended because all leads were dead ends.  SY aren't going to come out and say that though as they might be asked to justify their spend.

There's probably enough surplus in the kitty to keep a file open, other than that its anyone's guess.

Hmm I just wonder IF the Portuguese can now shout back a huge "WE TOLD YOU SO"....