Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401122 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3840 on: February 01, 2019, 12:41:18 AM »
Unless it’s me getting up in arms about the twins being mentioned you have no right to use my post as ammunition against anyone else.  Mentioning the twins’ birthday is hardly an invasion of privacy imo, publishing details without their permission of where and how they were going to be spending their birthday  would be IMO.

I think posting their photograph and map directions to their whereabouts on Twitter while they were eating a meal in a restaurant ... without their permission or knowledge  https://news.sky.com/story/mccanns-still-trolled-online-10-years-after-madeleine-disappeared-10861082 ... would probably count as an invasion of privacy.  Not to mention being potentially dangerous.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3841 on: February 01, 2019, 01:32:36 PM »
So do you think the parent are wrong to publicise their child’s disappearance or do you agree with Faithlilly that they aren’t doing enough?  What would you do if your child went missing?

My opinion is the same as Faiths in the way I read it.  You may have read it  differently.

They do not need to publicise in the newspapers or the TV about MBM being missing we all know already! the whole world knows- why that should be the case is anyones guess. Good marketing and PR for the company I would suggest.
They have funds and a web site; why not use that media to communicate with the faithful to the cause.

"What would you do if your child went missing?"

Nothing that the McCanns did for sure!

1. call the police right away- no messing about
2 not touch anything!!!!!!
3. leave it to the police to control the investigation
4. not be the least bit bothered if they suspected me
5 If I suspected them of being drugged I would demand they be taken to hospital to be checked.

Missing? 'I thought she was 'abducted' according to the family'
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3842 on: February 01, 2019, 01:49:33 PM »
I think posting their photograph and map directions to their whereabouts on Twitter while they were eating a meal in a restaurant ... without their permission or knowledge  https://news.sky.com/story/mccanns-still-trolled-online-10-years-after-madeleine-disappeared-10861082 ... would probably count as an invasion of privacy.  Not to mention being potentially dangerous.

As would posting their image here, as one supporter did, simply to win an argument.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

« Reply #3843 on: February 01, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »
My opinion is the same as Faiths in the way I read it.  You may have read it  differently.

They do not need to publicise in the newspapers or the TV about MBM being missing we all know already! the whole world knows- why that should be the case is anyones guess. Good marketing and PR for the company I would suggest.
They have funds and a web site; why not use that media to communicate with the faithful to the cause.

5 If I suspected them of being drugged I would demand they be taken to hospital to be checked.

You have posted in a scornful manner that Kate knew Madeleine had been abducted [by a paedophile you keep adding]   as soon as she found her missing,   yet  here you are with a list of five things you would do if your child went missing and all of them point to it being a crime.   So which is it with the McCann's  should they have treated 5a as a crime scene [as you do]   or think first of all that she may have wandered out?   IMO
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:04:47 PM by Brietta »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3844 on: February 01, 2019, 02:33:58 PM »

So the second you found your child missing you would assume the worst and not just that she had woke and wandered and would be in the near vicinity?  Interesting....
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3845 on: February 02, 2019, 10:18:13 AM »
Kate wrote a book mentioning the conception, pregnancy and birth of the twins.  It is hardly a full blown secret.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3846 on: February 02, 2019, 07:18:35 PM »
Small amounts were donated at first thenalmost instantly, the family created a company and went all out to sell the 'abduction' theory and offered the donating public that they would use this money  to search for their daughter... well...

They declared leaving no stone unturned... well leaving the walk and wandered stone well in it's place.

What searching have Maddie's parents done for her in the last 12 years?  Anyone??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3847 on: February 02, 2019, 07:19:46 PM »
There are no other parents on the planet that have put as much effort into publicizing their missing child but it’s still not enough for you.  What a surprise.

Really?  Publicising?? 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3848 on: February 02, 2019, 07:22:13 PM »
So do you think the parent are wrong to publicise their child’s disappearance or do you agree with Faithlilly that they aren’t doing enough? What would you do if your child went missing?

That question is best answered by reference to Ben Needham and the efforts his parents have put into their search for him. Puts the McCanns to shame by any standard imo.

A good starting point would be Praia da Luz.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3849 on: February 02, 2019, 07:40:16 PM »
That question is best answered by reference to Ben Needham and the efforts his parents have put into their search for him. Puts the McCanns to shame by any standard imo.

A good starting point would be Praia da Luz.

I think Kerry Needham mostly searched and publicised Ben's disappearance in Greece. As that's where he disappeated that made sense. The McCanns didn't concentrate on Praia da Luz in the same way, they seemed to aim their attention elsewhere almost immediately.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3850 on: February 02, 2019, 07:49:22 PM »
I think Kerry Needham mostly searched and publicised Ben's disappearance in Greece. As that's where he disappeated that made sense. The McCanns didn't concentrate on Praia da Luz in the same way, they seemed to aim their attention elsewhere almost immediately.

And everybody is a master at this, in hindsight when it is not your child.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3851 on: February 02, 2019, 09:32:31 PM »

As is usual for me, it all gets a bit on top of me from time to time.  And the mindless unkindness leaves me briefly devastated.

For the rest of the time I try to see this all as a right to free speech.  Although this is not a right that I personally want, or need.

Look to yourselves and never find yourself wanting.  Don't speak ill of other people because this has a nasty habit of turning itself back on those who do.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3852 on: February 02, 2019, 10:48:29 PM »

I always thought it appalling that neither parent could be bothered to go out and search with the community but then went on to criticise the lack of searching.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3853 on: February 02, 2019, 11:15:26 PM »
I always thought it appalling that neither parent could be bothered to go out and search with the community but then went on to criticise the lack of searching.

Dear Angelo,

I have always thought that you are a kind person, so I really don't get  your continued demands for Searching when you full well know that this wasn't possible.

However, if you could tell us all how you think The McCanns could and should have done this then I at least will be better informed.

You tell us all that The McCanns should have done this, but you never tell us how.  And I for one am a bit pissed off with this.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3854 on: February 02, 2019, 11:18:41 PM »

Why did the necessity and the responsibility of having to raise funds to look for British children missing abroad fall on the children's families who did not speak the language of the country where the children disappeared?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....