Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401157 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4890 on: June 01, 2019, 10:45:56 PM »
Can we try and keep it civil please.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4891 on: June 01, 2019, 10:50:30 PM »
Can we try and keep it civil please.
Sorry ... what did I miss?  Who is being uncivil?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4892 on: June 01, 2019, 10:59:54 PM »
Childish insinuations of Paedophilia. Removed.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4893 on: June 01, 2019, 11:05:19 PM »
You have totally lost me there ... is that in response to my post?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4894 on: June 01, 2019, 11:07:14 PM »
Would it be to anyone else?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4895 on: June 01, 2019, 11:18:26 PM »
Can I ask why you have not removed SIL’s childish signature line?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

« Reply #4896 on: June 01, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »
So you blame the parents for the failure of that boy's primary school?  I asked the mother if she had raised the problem during his primary education and she said she had, but was ignored. I can relate to that as one of my children struggled. I found empty books at parent's evening and raised it with her teacher, who wasn't concerned. I went to the headmaster and insisted that my daughter was given extra help. He managed to organise it and my daughter caught up, but not all parents are confident enough to challenge the teachers as I did.

Well done, Gunit.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4897 on: June 01, 2019, 11:38:02 PM »
what is the point in providing a cite when  poster such a sil can simply say its meaningless...when it obviously isnt....nd provide nothing to support that claim...could a mod explain...it makes a mockery of the rules
Of it’s good enough for SIL it’s good enough for us.  Next time s9meone provides a cite for something you request just tell them it’s rubbish and means nothing, job done.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4898 on: June 01, 2019, 11:48:37 PM »
And meanwhile back in the adult world......!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4899 on: June 01, 2019, 11:52:52 PM »
You have totally lost me there ... is that in response to my post?
No much earlier.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4900 on: June 01, 2019, 11:55:31 PM »
Of it’s good enough for SIL it’s good enough for us.  Next time s9meone provides a cite for something you request just tell them it’s rubbish and means nothing, job done.
Well if is assessed by a moderator maybe that response will not be acceptable either.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4901 on: June 02, 2019, 12:03:17 AM »
what is the point in providing a cite when  poster such a sil can simply say its meaningless...when it obviously isnt....nd provide nothing to support that claim...could a mod explain...it makes a mockery of the rules
I think a cite is only valid if it directs the reader to a specific page and point.  Like it would not be acceptable to say read the PJ files at http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm.  That is not specific enough to satisfy a cite request.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4902 on: June 02, 2019, 07:19:19 AM »
Well if is assessed by a moderator maybe that response will not be acceptable either.
I’m pretty certain that if Davel or I rubbished a cite we requested without providing any counter argument we would be reprimanded.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4903 on: June 02, 2019, 08:01:37 AM »
I think a cite is only valid if it directs the reader to a specific page and point.  Like it would not be acceptable to say read the PJ files at http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm.  That is not specific enough to satisfy a cite request.
....it wasnt
My cite linked to a fairly short report...a single page... Did you check my cite... I'm fairly sure you didn't.... So why did you allow sil to state as, a, fact it was, meaningless ...it wasn't imo.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 03:58:58 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4904 on: June 02, 2019, 09:00:22 AM »

Did you assess sils claim that my cite was meaningless ...if not... Why not