Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401136 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5130 on: June 11, 2019, 09:09:14 PM »
No need to go round and round, the abducted from the bedroom claim has nothing to support it. We don't even know for sure if the window was open or the shutter raised, certainly forensics offers a very different view of what occurred.
So I’m just to accept what you say am I?  Whatever.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #5131 on: June 11, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »
So I’m just to accept what you say am I?  Whatever.

If you have evidence that I have missed, feel free to present it.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5132 on: June 11, 2019, 09:28:03 PM »
If you have evidence that I have missed, feel free to present it.
Like I said before I will present it, you will deny it and we’ll simply repeat well worn arguments for the umpteenth time.  Is this what you want?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5133 on: June 11, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »
No need to go round and round, the abducted from the bedroom claim has nothing to support it. It was invented on the night of Madeleine's disappearance without a shred of evidence. We don't even know for sure if the window was open or the shutter raised, certainly forensics offers a very different view of what occurred.

Invented by whom?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5134 on: June 11, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »
Invented by whom?

Do you really need to ask ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5135 on: June 11, 2019, 09:45:35 PM »
Do you really need to ask ?

I would prefer John's answer.
Thank you for your post which did not answer my question.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

« Reply #5136 on: June 11, 2019, 09:54:27 PM »
I was involved in that discussion and I don’t recall having to tweak anything.  Please explain.
Certainly.
I mentioned the ill-conceived, much vaunted Clement Freud invitiation acceptance, but not as a particular criticism of the McCann's, because how could they know what was to be revealed, but more of a reflection on what his motives were, given all that we now know.
There were a few here who thought he wasn't given a fair trot because he was too dead to defend himself, and I used the Jimmy Saville analogy to refute that, given the overwhelming evidence against him.
The Proof by Example fallacy was trotted out as a defence of Saville, with isolated cases of money grabbing being cited as casting doubt upon the other 500+ cases - hence, despite the government, NHS, various charities, et al apologising retrospectively, apparently the 'rule of law' should be applied in absentia irrespective. Given that we are talking about inveterate, heinous, prolonged recidivism here, I question the veracity and motive of the moral compass tweaking to fit the paradigm of McCann defence at all costs.
So again, I'm more interested in the concepts at play here, and not the actual acts. It would appear to be a ham-fisted and transparent attempt to dispel the 'tainted by association' label at the cost of their own previous moral standing.
Always stick the shoe on the other foot, see if it fits.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5137 on: June 11, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
Certainly.
I mentioned the ill-conceived, much vaunted Clement Freud invitiation acceptance, but not as a particular criticism of the McCann's, because how could they know what was to be revealed, but more of a reflection on what his motives were, given all that we now know.
There were a few here who thought he wasn't given a fair trot because he was too dead to defend himself, and I used the Jimmy Saville analogy to refute that, given the overwhelming evidence against him.
The Proof by Example fallacy was trotted out as a defence of Saville, with isolated cases of money grabbing being cited as casting doubt upon the other 500+ cases - hence, despite the government, NHS, various charities, et al apologising retrospectively, apparently the 'rule of law' should be applied in absentia irrespective. Given that we are talking about inveterate, heinous, prolonged recidivism here, I question the veracity and motive of the moral compass tweaking to fit the paradigm of McCann defence at all costs.
So again, I'm more interested in the concepts at play here, and not the actual acts. It would appear to be a ham-fisted and transparent attempt to dispel the 'tainted by association' label at the cost of their own previous moral standing.
Always stick the shoe on the other foot, see if it fits.
Hmm..did I do some moral compass tweaking?   I think not, I think I simply pointed out that the extent of Savile’s crimes may well have been grossly exaggerated which I think is fair comment.  As far as Freud was concerned, his wife seemed prepared to accept his guilt despite him not being around to defend himself so that’s enough to convince me.

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline The General

« Reply #5140 on: June 12, 2019, 08:09:37 AM »
Hmm..did I do some moral compass tweaking?   I think not, I think I simply pointed out that the extent of Savile’s crimes may well have been grossly exaggerated which I think is fair comment.  As far as Freud was concerned, his wife seemed prepared to accept his guilt despite him not being around to defend himself so that’s enough to convince me.
No, it wasn't you.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5141 on: June 12, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »
No need to go round and round, the abducted from the bedroom claim has nothing to support it. It was invented on the night of Madeleine's disappearance without a shred of evidence. We don't even know for sure if the window was open or the shutter raised, certainly forensics offers a very different view of what occurred.

I don't agree with the bit in bold, John.

Forensics didn't reveal anything of use, aside from the fact that Kate's fingerprints were on the inside of the window, which is in no way incompatible with her placing fingers on the window to check if she wasn't outside.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5142 on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:21 PM »
Many would think differently that nothing important was discovered lol. Kate never said she looked through the window in her statements but she did leave the twins and ran in the opposite direction to where Madeleine may have been.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #5143 on: June 12, 2019, 10:24:56 PM »

Sorry John, but absolute Tommy Rot.

Plenty of evidence/pointers , but if you chose to turn a blind eye to them, then all we can do is despair.   

You will not listen to arguments and you blow hot and cold on the subject of abductors.

Why?   

All IMO

Offline The General

« Reply #5144 on: June 12, 2019, 11:58:32 PM »
Sorry John, but absolute Tommy Rot.

Plenty of evidence/pointers , but if you chose to turn a blind eye to them, then all we can do is despair.   

You will not listen to arguments and you blow hot and cold on the subject of abductors.

Why?   

All IMO
Apart from your whimsical theory, you couldn't enlighten us as to what these might be?