Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401139 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5340 on: July 01, 2019, 08:06:27 AM »
You sound a bit like Davel - why have the mods forsaken me?

That's goading too

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5341 on: July 01, 2019, 08:08:41 AM »
It's a shame posters.. Particularly mods... Can't focus on proper debate and continually resort to personal criticism

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5342 on: July 01, 2019, 08:32:21 AM »
Why is it OK iyo to poke fun at Rob's religious beliefs?
Are you for real?  Direct your question to Monty Python. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5343 on: July 01, 2019, 08:34:53 AM »
Calling the media before the police is never a great idea, I don't read that as a direct accusation but MTI 's opinion that Calling the media before the police is never a great idea,.

Does MTI ever claim it was a fact?
Great.  So we’re all agreed then.  Calling the media before the police is never a great idea, and as the media were not called before the police this is definitely one criticism that categorically cannot be levelled at the McCanns.  Sorted! 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #5344 on: July 01, 2019, 08:54:45 AM »
Great.  So we’re all agreed then.  Calling the media before the police is never a great idea, and as the media were not called before the police this is definitely one criticism that categorically cannot be levelled at the McCanns.  Sorted!
You're right, it's sorted. You manage to wangle an affirmation out of a forum member. 2 Wangle Points added.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5345 on: July 01, 2019, 09:05:09 AM »
You're right, it's sorted. You manage to wangle an affirmation out of a forum member. 2 Wangle Points added.
Thanks, it was hard work but worth it for your recognition.

Offline The General

« Reply #5346 on: July 01, 2019, 09:20:46 AM »
Thanks, it was hard work but worth it for your recognition.
We'll make a 3 star Wangler General out of you yet, soldier.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5347 on: July 01, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »
That was Jesus, not me.  Do you think Davel is like the Messiah?  That’s a cue for a Monty Python joke btw...
I was wondering if that might be the case.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5348 on: July 01, 2019, 10:36:58 AM »
Why is it OK iyo to poke fun at Rob's religious beliefs?
I was more worried about Davel, I'm fine.  He was pleading for my help but I didn't come.  That's quite a change really.  When I get up in the morning I start reading the forum clicking "new" from the oldest new post to the most recent.  It is just a habit.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5349 on: July 01, 2019, 10:42:45 AM »
If Rob is going to try and impose his beliefs on us..... As he has by telling me I should learn from Jesus... I have the right to give my view that it is claptrap
Impose?  What does impose mean?  Is it more than suggest?  Have you ever tried learning from Jesus?  That is just about a copyright-able phrase Davel.  That is a mighty thought in my book.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5350 on: July 01, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »
I was more worried about Davel, I'm fine.  He was pleading for my help but I didn't come.  That's quite a change really.  When I get up in the morning I start reading the forum clicking "new" from the oldest new post to the most recent.  It is just a habit.

I wasn't pleading fir your help at all.. You've made an incorrect assumption... I was highlighting what I see as your bias... I made an important  point IMO

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5351 on: July 01, 2019, 10:47:18 AM »
Impose?  What does impose mean?  Is it more than suggest?  Have you ever tried learning from Jesus?  That is just about a copyright-able phrase Davel.  That is a mighty thought in my book.

If you ask me to learn from Jesus you are asking me to accept his, existence.... I don't believe he ever existed..
I was brought  up aChristian and rejected it.
I watched an interesting debate between Richard Dawkins and Cardinal Pell... What an evil man the Christian was found to be by the courts ...but Dawkins the aetheist... A real gentleman
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:50:51 AM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5352 on: July 01, 2019, 10:51:42 AM »
It's a shame posters.. Particularly mods... Can't focus on proper debate and continually resort to personal criticism
Think about it Davel.  I'm suppose to forgive those who trespass against me, maybe I'm just a bit slow.  I find forgiveness the most difficult thing to do.

I wasn't pleading fir your help at all.. You've made an incorrect assumption... I was highlighting what I see as your bias... I made an important  point IMO
Weren't you talking about ".... and continually resort to personal criticism".  Howabout you setting the example of being one who does not ever resort to personal criticism?

Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5353 on: July 01, 2019, 10:53:39 AM »
Think about it Davel.  I'm suppose to forgive those who trespass against me, maybe I'm just a bit slow.  I find forgiveness the most difficult thing to do.
Weren't you talking about ".... and continually resort to personal criticism".  Howabout you setting the example of being one who does not ever resort to personal criticism?

I was replying to your post making an incorrect assumption Re myself

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5354 on: July 01, 2019, 10:57:12 AM »
I was replying to your post making an incorrect assumption Re myself
By saying something personal against me.  " I was highlighting what I see as your bias"  Don't you think I'm not hurt by you saying/implying I'm biased?
Moderation