Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401137 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5445 on: July 05, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »
Ah but they might only live in Tower Hamlets but use the knives when on their hunting holiday  8(0(*

Just think, if they hadn't banned guns, we probably wouldn't have all this knife crime.
If we ban knives ( an impossiblity), then thugs will turn to some other weapon.

This is true, if someone is determined enough a kitchen knife would suffice.

I notice several stores have stopped selling single knives...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/asda-knives-bans-sale-removes-supermarkets-knife-crime-stabbings-a8815126.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1612976/what-zombie-knife-street-weapons-ban-latest-uk/
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5446 on: July 05, 2019, 10:03:19 PM »

Kelly Mary Fauvrelle: Police to return to killed mum-to-be's home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48889925
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5447 on: July 05, 2019, 10:31:50 PM »
It's tough. These kids have very little to lose. It's driven by drugs, turf wars, gangs, 'respect', hubris, lack of male role models and very little else to do of a night. It's not a new societal cocktail, but I do believe austerity and cuts in public services have fuelled it.
I get off the tube, go the gym, go to Tesco, go to digs, eat, sleep, get on tube, go to work. I don't mince about the park or Stockwell Park Estate too often.

When you cut the funding to youth clubs etc and take away the only shield between the vulnerable child and criminality what do you expect to happen ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5448 on: July 05, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »
Nothing excuses breaking into someone’s house and stabbbing an eight month pregnant woman to deatth, not even the closure of the local youth club or the government’s austerity measures.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #5449 on: July 05, 2019, 10:44:07 PM »
Nothing excuses breaking into someone’s house and stabbbing an eight month pregnant woman to deatth, not even the closure of the local youth club or the government’s austerity measures.
Disappointing comment. I was referring to an erosion of societal norms exacerbated by the reduction of public services and poverty over half a generation. I see it.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5450 on: July 05, 2019, 10:48:07 PM »

Until we know the exact circumstances surrounding this horrendous crime it is impossible to say what motivated the killer.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5451 on: July 05, 2019, 10:52:37 PM »
Disappointing comment. I was referring to an erosion of societal norms exacerbated by the reduction of public services and poverty over half a generation. I see it.
I know what you were referring to but no amount of poverty or reduction in public services explains why someone shhould choose to murder an expectant mother.  If that comment disappoints you well then frankly I’m disappointed by your disappointment.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5452 on: July 05, 2019, 10:54:21 PM »
On a completely different note is anyone having difficulty writing posts because of a slow keyboard response or is it just me?

Offline The General

« Reply #5453 on: July 05, 2019, 10:59:44 PM »
I know what you were referring to but no amount of poverty or reduction in public services explains why someone shhould choose to murder an expectant mother.  If that comment disappoints you well then frankly I’m disappointed by your disappointment.
I'm talking holistically. This is obviously an isolated, targeted incident.
I'm disappointed in myself for being disappointed, which is now compounded by your disappointment of my disappointment.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5454 on: July 05, 2019, 11:04:53 PM »
Did anyone ever belong to a youth club?  Their demise is usually trotted out as a reason for juvenile delinquency and I wondered why.  Nobody I hung around with as a youth went to one and yet none of us felt the need to stab people.

Offline The General

« Reply #5455 on: July 05, 2019, 11:06:23 PM »
Did anyone ever belong to a youth club?  Their demise is usually trotted out as a reason for juvenile delinquency and I wondered why.  Nobody I hung around with as a youth went to one and yet none of us felt the need to stab people.
I did. Most visits ended in a fight.
No one ever died, mind.

Offline The General

« Reply #5456 on: July 05, 2019, 11:07:52 PM »
On a completely different note is anyone having difficulty writing posts because of a slow keyboard response or is it just me?
Davros.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5457 on: July 05, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »
I did. Most visits ended in a fight.
No one ever died, mind.
@)(++(* perhaps they helped contain the violence in one place off the street.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5458 on: July 05, 2019, 11:09:49 PM »
Davros.
this. iwhaes t f Ityoe at normal speed.

Offline The General

« Reply #5459 on: July 05, 2019, 11:12:03 PM »
this. iwhaes t f Ityoe at normal speed.
Davelitis.
Another arse kicking coming up from my favourite mystery mod.