Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 401100 times)

Offline Anthro

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5835 on: August 08, 2020, 02:19:41 PM »
This thing about always leaving a trace is all well and good if it is someone who's shouldn't be present, but doesn't work with someone who had a legitimate reason to be there.
Except in this case, Brückner was on record as a sex offender.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5836 on: August 08, 2020, 02:27:21 PM »
Except in this case, Brückner was on record as a sex offender.

Yes but they don't seem to have found any forensic trace of him connected to Madeleine as yet
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anthro

« Reply #5837 on: August 08, 2020, 02:34:58 PM »
Yes but they don't seem to have found any forensic trace of him connected to Madeleine as yet
And we, as the public, would be the last to know what information and evidence German Police have on Brückner. I believe it is significant since Wolters does not come across as posturing.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5838 on: August 08, 2020, 02:41:04 PM »
And we, as the public, would be the last to know what information and evidence German Police have on Brückner. I believe it is significant since Wolters does not come across as posturing.

Of course but do you not think that if police had something significant on him they wouldn't at least be interviewing him ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5839 on: August 08, 2020, 02:51:33 PM »
Of course but do you not think that if police had something significant on him they wouldn't at least be interviewing him ?

I think you'll find he is refusing to answer questions.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5840 on: August 08, 2020, 02:56:41 PM »
I think you'll find he is refusing to answer questions.
Doesn't stop them asking, which they don't seem to have done.

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5841 on: August 08, 2020, 03:02:23 PM »

Difficult to know, isn't it.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5842 on: August 08, 2020, 03:02:49 PM »
Isn't this what Perlin thinks he could do.

'YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH IT' Top forensic expert says Madeleine McCann riddle WILL be solved one day as ‘every contact leaves a trace’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12337995/forensic-expert-madeleine-mccann-solved-hopes/

It doesn't appear to be the same at all: Perlin's system is apparently an algorithm that churns out probabilities of a profile belonging to one person as opposed to another unrelated person, when compared to a database. But whose database? A US one? A Portuguese one? A British one?

It can't say that this is Madeleine's x allele, as all of her components would also be in the combined profiles of her parents, and numerous ones would be in common with her siblings and other relatives. It might be useful in some kinds of cases, and may be useful in mass casualty situations for its potential speed in calculating, but I just don't see how it could add anything in this case.

This lady is advocating touch analysis, which is fine, provided that items were handled and stored correctly. Imagine that Christian B had touched something (e.g., a glass) with his bare fingers - that could be useful, but the forensic sweep in 5A didn't go that far.

OTOH, if e.g. her pyjamas had been found and DNA still on them (a bit of a long shot, I would have thought...) that might be a different matter. Or her uncontaminated profile somewhere in one of his vehicles, but again a long shot.

And the Sun, as usual gets totally muddled up:

"And while it has been more than 20 years since Madeleine disappeared on that fateful night in Portugal, Prof Gallop is still optimistic that the answers will be found."

No, it hasn't been 20 years.

"As part of the investigation, it is hoped a tiny scrap of blue material held in the vaults of a Portuguese forensic lab could provide the vital link between Christian B and Madeleine.

Tests uncovered a microscopic a DNA profile initially identified as semen, but later confirmed to be saliva.

Scientists were unable to obtain a full DNA profile at the time but have continued to work on it with new testing techniques.

Authorities now hope that continuing advances in DNA testing may yet provide a full profile for comparison with the convicted paedophile and rapist."

No, the saliva was identified back in 2007 and a complete profile was obtained. It came from a baby boy.

Offline Carana

« Reply #5843 on: August 08, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »

Someone on here helpfully posted on German law. From memory as I can't find the post for the moment, you can be invited to provide a witness statement, but you aren't obliged to. Or you get summoned, but then you have to be presented with the evidence against you. A bit like in Portugal.

A case will only go to trial if there is a stronger chance of a conviction than an acquittal. More like the UK.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5844 on: August 08, 2020, 03:55:57 PM »
Someone on here helpfully posted on German law. From memory as I can't find the post for the moment, you can be invited to provide a witness statement, but you aren't obliged to. Or you get summoned, but then you have to be presented with the evidence against you. A bit like in Portugal.

A case will only go to trial if there is a stronger chance of a conviction than an acquittal. More like the UK.
HCW has already said he doesn't want to question Breukner yet as if he does he has to show him all the evidence and that there is evidence he doesn't want Breukner to know they have
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 03:58:12 PM by Davel »

Offline barrier

« Reply #5845 on: August 08, 2020, 04:32:34 PM »
HCW has already said he doesn't want to question Breukner yet as if he does he has to show him all the evidence and that there is evidence he doesn't want Breukner to know they have

Cite for the last bit please?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5846 on: August 08, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »

Are you not aware of HCW saying this

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5847 on: August 08, 2020, 06:59:46 PM »
saying "Are you not aware of HCW saying this" is not agreeing to provide a cite.   Cite or original claim will be removed.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #5848 on: August 08, 2020, 07:02:16 PM »

They have no evidence or he would be questioned. Not surprising as there's no evidence to be found linking him to MM.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline The General

« Reply #5849 on: August 08, 2020, 07:04:31 PM »
saying "Are you not aware of HCW saying this" is not agreeing to provide a cite.   Cite or original claim will be removed.
Well said Rob. Unfounded claims are killing the joint.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum