Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 75506 times)

Offline Brietta

UK indies ride Netflix wave
By Peter White7 September 2017

Pulse Films lands Madeleine McCann doc as SVoD services help to prop up flat indie sector

Pulse Films will investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for Netflix, as the SVoD revolution gathers pace for UK indies.

The eight-part true-crime series is being made in association with Viacom-owned Hollywood studio Paramount Television. It aims to shine a light on the three-year- old’s disappearance in 2007, and will include interviews with key figures and investigators.

Pulse managing director of non-scripted television Emma Cooper is exec producing the project. The Vice-owned indie declined to comment.

The project is Paramount Television’s highest profile factual series to date. It recently co-produced comedy-drama Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events for Netflix and is co-financing BBC1’s forthcoming John Le Carré adaptation The Spy Who Came In From The Cold.

Pulse’s project is the latest in a long line of McCann documentaries; in May, BBC1 aired Panorama special Madeleine McCann: Ten Years On, while a Crimewatch special on the disappearance drew nearly 7 million viewers in 2013.

UK originations

Pulse is the second UK producer to emerge with a multimillion-pound order from Netflix this week. Fortitude indie Fifty Fathoms is making The Eddy, directed by La La Land’s Damien Chazelle, the biggest scripted SVoD commission for a UK producer since The Crown.

The 8 x 60-minute series is written by National Treasure’s Jack Thorne and is being filmed by the Endemol Shine-owned producer, run by Patrick Spence and Katie Swinden, in France. It will be shot in English, French and Arabic.

The Eddy is being produced in association with WME’s IMG, which distributed The Night Manager and is co-financing Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s forthcoming BBC America thriller Killing Eve.

The two major commissions coincide with the release of Pact figures showing that revenues from global SVoD services are helping to prop up a relatively flat UK indie sector.

Pact Census data highlighted that production revenues from firms such as Netflix and Amazon grew by 101% from £62.8m in 2015 to £126m in 2016. This was part of an overall rise in international commissions from £430m in 2015 to £468m last year.

The global growth was in contrast to a dip in domestic revenues of 3% as UK commissioning spend fell to £1.5bn, the lowest since 2011.

Pact chief executive John McVay said that the UK market is steady but international is “basically where we now make our money”.

Noting that Netflix has hired BBC Storyville editor Kate Townsend to head up a UK-based factual division, he added: “The opportunities for British producers have never been as great.
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/indies/uk-indies-ride-netflix-wave/5122034.article

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:56:14 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:51 PM »
UK indies ride Netflix wave
By Peter White7 September 2017

Pulse Films lands Madeleine McCann doc as SVoD services help to prop up flat indie sector

Pulse Films will investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann for Netflix, as the SVoD revolution gathers pace for UK indies.

The eight-part true-crime series is being made in association with Viacom-owned Hollywood studio Paramount Television. It aims to shine a light on the three-year- old’s disappearance in 2007, and will include interviews with key figures and investigators.

Pulse managing director of non-scripted television Emma Cooper is exec producing the project. The Vice-owned indie declined to comment.

The project is Paramount Television’s highest profile factual series to date. It recently co-produced comedy-drama Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events for Netflix and is co-financing BBC1’s forthcoming John Le Carré adaptation The Spy Who Came In From The Cold.

Pulse’s project is the latest in a long line of McCann documentaries; in May, BBC1 aired Panorama special Madeleine McCann: Ten Years On, while a Crimewatch special on the disappearance drew nearly 7 million viewers in 2013.

UK originations

Pulse is the second UK producer to emerge with a multimillion-pound order from Netflix this week. Fortitude indie Fifty Fathoms is making The Eddy, directed by La La Land’s Damien Chazelle, the biggest scripted SVoD commission for a UK producer since The Crown.

The 8 x 60-minute series is written by National Treasure’s Jack Thorne and is being filmed by the Endemol Shine-owned producer, run by Patrick Spence and Katie Swinden, in France. It will be shot in English, French and Arabic.

The Eddy is being produced in association with WME’s IMG, which distributed The Night Manager and is co-financing Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s forthcoming BBC America thriller Killing Eve.

The two major commissions coincide with the release of Pact figures showing that revenues from global SVoD services are helping to prop up a relatively flat UK indie sector.

Pact Census data highlighted that production revenues from firms such as Netflix and Amazon grew by 101% from £62.8m in 2015 to £126m in 2016. This was part of an overall rise in international commissions from £430m in 2015 to £468m last year.

The global growth was in contrast to a dip in domestic revenues of 3% as UK commissioning spend fell to £1.5bn, the lowest since 2011.

Pact chief executive John McVay said that the UK market is steady but international is “basically where we now make our money”.

Noting that Netflix has hired BBC Storyville editor Kate Townsend to head up a UK-based factual division, he added: “The opportunities for British producers have never been as great.
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/indies/uk-indies-ride-netflix-wave/5122034.article
I hope that they take the trouble to get their facts right.

We have had enough propaganda pumped out there like:
-  The Mccanns were dining /drinking 200 metres away, when in actuality they had sight of the rear entrance to the street lamp illuminated apartment and were only 50 metres away (crow flies)
-  The dogs smelled death in the car (Amarals misunderstanding)
-  The dogs smelled death in the apartment (Amarals misunderstanding)
-  That there was no way into the apartment for an abductor (Amarals words)

etc etc.

Hope they build their documentary on a sound base and not on destructive myths.

Any one know who owns the company that is producing this and the names behind this venture?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »
I hope that they take the trouble to get their facts right.

We have had enough propaganda pumped out there like:
-  The Mccanns were dining /drinking 200 metres away, when in actuality they had sight of the rear entrance to the street lamp illuminated apartment and were only 50 metres away (crow flies)
-  The dogs smelled death in the car (Amarals misunderstanding)
-  The dogs smelled death in the apartment (Amarals misunderstanding)
-  That there was no way into the apartment for an abductor (Amarals words)

etc etc.

Hope they build their documentary on a sound base and not on destructive myths.

Any one know who owns the company that is producing this and the names behind this venture?

In October 2007 the apartment entrance wasn't well lit by any means. See attachment or watch the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJLmyakzeE

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:39:03 PM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 12:34:44 AM »
In October 2007 the apartment entrance wasn't well lit by any means. See attachment or watch the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJLmyakzeE
I have never tried to make out that the patio area was highly illuminated BUT it was illuminated sufficiently for it to stand out, and anyone entering or leaving via that direction would stand out like a sore thumb.

It is so important that these videos and reports are based on rock solid facts, otherwise complete disinformation can be given out.   

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:20 AM »
I have never tried to make out that the patio area was highly illuminated BUT it was illuminated sufficiently for it to stand out, and anyone entering or leaving via that direction would stand out like a sore thumb.

It is so important that these videos and reports are based on rock solid facts, otherwise complete disinformation can be given out.

You mean like being in their back garden?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »

Less than a minute's walk from where they were seated to where the children were sleeping ... possibly much the same time away as the parents sleeping under the same roof as their children while a predator was on the prowl in their bedroom.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-police-intruder-girls-algarve
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 09:18:05 AM »
Less than a minute's walk from where they were seated to where the children were sleeping ... possibly much the same time away as the parents sleeping under the same roof as their children while a predator was on the prowl in their bedroom.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-police-intruder-girls-algarve

It wasn't a back garden.

It was a bar serving alcoholic drinks and food.

Nothing else.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
It wasn't a back garden.

It was a bar serving alcoholic drinks and food.

Nothing else.

It was less than one minute ... 45secs at walking pace ... less than that if running.  Not to split hairs, it was a tapas restaurant serving meals ...
They were out to eat their dinner ... had they been seated on their veranda with the door closed not to waken the children ... it would still have been possible for someone using a key to enter and kidnap a child.

Offline sadie

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »
Have you been there and seen for yourself?

I have
.... and I would equate it with a back garden large enough and suitably equipped for the number of apartments which back on to it, and use it as their main back garden. 

As I have said before, I have personal experience of several people with swimming pools, tennis courts, cooking and dining facilities, bar, childrens playing area etc in their back gardens.  Maybe you have never lived in such a  country area with large expensive homes mixed with smaller ones?   I found these wealthy people very kind and willing to share their fortunate position with poorer friends.

My present townie neighbours have most of these facilities in a moderately sized home.  The swimming pool is only an inflatable paddling pool and no tennis court, but the lawn will make a fine mini footie ground/ tennis playing area when the children are old enough.  My bet is that there will be a small swimming pool when the kids can swim.

Before you become judgemental, have you been into the tapas/ back garden area and seen for yourself?  And have you personal experience of homes with swimming pools, tennis courts etc.?

stephen25000

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »
Have you been there and seen for yourself?

I have
.... and I would equate it with a back garden large enough and suitably equipped for the number of apartments which back on to it, and use it as their main back garden. 

As I have said before, I have personal experience of several people with swimming pools, tennis courts, cooking and dining facilities, bar, childrens playing area etc in their back gardens.  Maybe you have never lived in such a  country area with large expensive homes mixed with smaller ones?   I found these wealthy people very kind and willing to share their fortunate position with poorer friends.

My present townie neighbours have most of these facilities in a moderately sized home.  The swimming pool is only an inflatable paddling pool and no tennis court, but the lawn will make a fine mini footie ground/ tennis playing area when the children are old enough.  My bet is that there will be a small swimming pool when the kids can swim.

Before you become judgemental, have you been into the tapas/ back garden area and seen for yourself?  And have you personal experience of homes with swimming pools, tennis courts etc.?

It wasn't a back garden Sadie.

Try not to continue with this myth.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 01:47:42 PM »

It was crossed by public footpaths and was populated by strangers, not a typical back garden.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 01:54:18 AM »

It is NOT a myth. 

It is like the main back garden to these apartments that lie adjacent to it.  Of course in some ways it has a commercial element to it in as much as food and drinks are charged for, but otherwise it functions as a fairly luxurious back garden

Have you been into the Tapas area, walked around it and seen for yourself, because I recommend that you do before intimating that I am a liar.

If you have and still say it is not like a big fairly luxurious back garden, then I will happily call you a liar

Stephen, by now you should know that I am honest.   I do not take kindly to intimations that I am lying.

stephen25000

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 07:47:59 AM »
It is NOT a myth. 

It is like the main back garden to these apartments that lie adjacent to it.  Of course in some ways it has a commercial element to it in as much as food and drinks are charged for, but otherwise it functions as a fairly luxurious back garden

Have you been into the Tapas area, walked around it and seen for yourself, because I recommend that you do before intimating that I am a liar.

If you have and still say it is not like a big fairly luxurious back garden, then I will happily call you a liar

Stephen, by now you should know that I am honest.   I do not take kindly to intimations that I am lying.

It is not a garden.

It is and was a restaurant and bar.

persist with your belief, it will not change the facts.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 12:12:37 AM »
Netflix announce Madeleine McCann true crime documentary series with new interviews and key investigators – similar to Making a Murderer.

By [Name removed] Anisiobi
Sunday, September 10, 2017

NETFLIX has decided to expand its already large true crime offering with a brand new documentary about the tragic disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The disappearance of Madeleine McCann has gripped the world for 10 years with her missing person case still an open mystery.

When Madeleine was just three years old she disappeared from her hotel room while on holiday with her parents, Kate and Gerry, and her two siblings in Praia de Luz back in 2007.

Despite there being several potential suspects, numerous sightings and theories, her disappearance has continued.

Now, Netflix plan on delivering a cinematic experience of the events leading up to and past that fateful night including interviews with key figures and investigators.

It is believed that the as yet unnamed true crime documentary will be split into eight individual episodes.

http://www.ok.co.uk/tv/netflix/1173381/netflix-madeleine-mccann-true-crime-documentary-series-new-interviews-missing-making-a-murderer-gaga
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:46:39 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 12:22:00 AM »
It was less than one minute ... 45secs at walking pace ... less than that if running.  Not to split hairs, it was a tapas restaurant serving meals ...
They were out to eat their dinner ... had they been seated on their veranda with the door closed not to waken the children ... it would still have been possible for someone using a key to enter and kidnap a child.

But they would have been closer in the rather more likely scenarios of the children waking up distressed, trying to climb on a chair to get a drink and falling or the multitude of other accidents that can befall a small child when left alone.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?