Author Topic: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates  (Read 202339 times)

Offline [...]

Re: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »
Yes, he texted Tanja while in ASDA, apparently under a CCTV camera, and the prosecution claimed that he had deliberately done this in order to give himself an alibi.

However, Vincent and Tanja were in the habit of texting/phoning each other all the time.

It was also claimed that Vincent went to ASDA in order to get caught on CCTV, in order to give himself an alibi.  He could have gone to a smaller supermarket, which was nearer, and why on earth would he have wanted to drive further afield in bad weather, if not to give himself an alibi??

However, Greg drove all the way to Sheffield in the same bad weather, and nobody questioned that!

Vincent worked as a people flow analyst, meaning that he studied the flow of people around buildings.  Perhaps large supermarkets really were interesting to him, as he claimed!  Perhaps the smaller supermarket didn't stock the brand of beer he liked----who knows???  There is really nothing very suspect about him having gone to the bigger supermarket. 

And, what did he buy in there?  Beer, crisps and rock salt------not bleach, plastic bags, cleaning rags !!!

I don't see anything suspicious about him going to the Big Supermarket, it passed time, he was bored..

And quite honestly he didn't need to be under a CCTV writing a text, the phone provider would have a complete record of this, with (time stamps) without him having to make a song and dance about texting Tanja.

Another thing that quite suprised me, was the lack of quality of the CCTV on the suspension Bridge, so they couldn't make out any cars that drove along it,..(Driver.. number plate etc)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/222191/Poor-CCTV-film-may-let-Joanna-Yeates-killer-escape

Why have CCTV on a road that cannot take pictures of vehicles???

whats the point of them??

Whilst writing this i thought,... hang on a minute, Does Clifton Suspension Bridge have a toll?

http://www.cliftonbridge.org.uk/

So now, how on earth would any driver get across that Bridge without:

A: Paying or

B: smashing through the barriers??

How would they ever be able to chase up someone who didn't pay?
So there must be clear CCTV of the suspension bridge and all the vehicles that crossed it!!

So on that token, that can't prove or disprove that Tabak or Greg went along Clifton Suspension Bridge..
Or anyone else for that matter!!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 08:47:53 PM »
There's a topic on this forum called
Topic: Are 'Murder by Stranger' victims ever removed from the scene of the crime?  (Read 6874 times)

They also find it diffcult for statistics of a stranger murder moving a body from the scene of the crime.

Offline mercury

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2016, 10:50:59 PM »
Thanks Mercury and John.

You see, this is one of the things I cannot get my head around.  Without forensic evidence from the flat, nobody can prove he killed her there, as (as far as I am aware), nobody saw VT enter Jo's flat, nobody saw them together that night, and nothing belonging to VT was found in Jo's flat. They only have VT's confession to rely on, and surely they would need to back this up with other evidence.

We do not know for sure that Jo was ever put into VT's cycle bag.  If Tanja had been called as a witness, she might have been able to tell the court whether or not VT owned a cycle bag, and whether this was missing.

And, there was that front door!  VT apparently aroused suspicion in the police officer who interviewed him in Holland, because he asked questions regarding why the front door had been removed. Either he was merely interested in how the forensic team do their investigations (so am I, for that matter), or he was afraid of his DNA being found on that door (the official line).  Nobody in court actually said whether or not there was any forensic evidence leading to him on that door!

Re his dna it was found on her body and although they couldnt say what substance it came from (weak samples apparently and not surprised if body was covered in snow) they said it was billion to one from him

Its under the dna section in this very thorough page

http://murderpedia.org/male.T/t/tabak-vincent.htm

There are some niggles in this case, doesnt mean they are big red flags without any explanation

As in the Knox case, a red flag is accusng someone else and I believe VT pointed the finger at the landlord

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2016, 12:10:55 AM »
You could be right, but it is well known that enhanced DNA can be unreliable.  I remember reading that the DNA found on Joanna's body would not have been enough to convict VT.

As far as him implicating the landlord is concerned, that is what the prosecution said, and VT was, indeed, given extra years on his sentence because it was said that he had done this.

Again, he MIGHT have done, but on the other hand, he might merely have wanted to help the police by giving them extra information.  All the neighbours, when originally questioned, were invited to telephone the police "if they remembered anything else".  Chris Jefferies did this, and was then arrested.  VT did so, and was then arrested.  Very strange!

Both Vincent AND Tanja (apparently) noticed that CJ's car was pointing in a different direction on the Saturday morning to on the Friday night, and they decided to telephone the police from Holland, having heard that CJ had been taken into custody.  Some accounts say that it was Tanja who made the phone call, but it isn't entirely clear which of them made it. A police officer then travelled to Holland to interview them, and they took a sample of Vincent's DNA. The interview took six hours, and filled around 18 pages of the officer's notebook, so they can't just have been talking about CJ's car!  Incidentally, this was when VT asked why the front door of JY's flat had been removed (he had seen this on the TV) and the officer became suspicious of him because he was taking so much interest in the investigation.

As CJ never appeared as a witness in court, we never heard whether or not he had, in fact, moved his car. I have not read anything that says he denied having done so. ( He does in the film "The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies", but parts of that film were fictional.  ). 

I cannot really see why it is implicating somebody to say that his car appeared to be facing the other way! If VT had really wanted to implicate the landlord, why not say that he had seen him letting himself into JY's flat, or that he had seen him talking to JY that night?

Offline mercury

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2016, 12:27:49 AM »
Again, he MIGHT have done, but on the other hand, he might merely have wanted to help the police by giving them extra information.  All the neighbours, when originally questioned, were invited to telephone the police "if they remembered anything else".  Chris Jefferies did this, and was then arrested.  VT did so, and was then arrested.  Very strange!

--

Not the same

VT confessed to killing jo after he
He fingered the landlord

I think youre on a non starter here that VT was fitted up

as i said in older posts NO ONE in his famiky afaiaw are protesting his innocence, another red flag dont you thnk? If not, why?

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2016, 12:57:35 AM »
I DO think it is odd that VT's family has been so quiet.  However, they are not in this country, and they may well be thinking that, if they dont make any fuss, VT will be deported to serve out his sentence in Holland.  They might have been told this, and I am sure it is what they will be wanting.  Families don't give up on their own even if they are convicted murderers. 

I also think it is odd that the press has been so quiet.  I would have expected some journalist to have sniffed out details of Greg's and Tanya's new "love interests" by now!  I would also have expected something on the lines of "Dining with the Dutch Devil:  former cellmate reveals what flavour of pizza he really likes"  or some similar unedifying, salacious rubbish to have emerged: VT best of friends with Ian Huntley or Nathan Matthews, for example.

Has the press been muzzled?

On the other hand, perhaps they have learned their lessons, after their treatment of Chris Jefferies.  Perhaps they think everybody only wants to hear about Brexit and Donald Trump.

I wish!!!   Hm    Hm

Offline [...]

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2016, 07:57:28 AM »

--

Not the same

VT confessed to killing jo after he
He fingered the landlord

I think youre on a non starter here that VT was fitted up

as i said in older posts NO ONE in his famiky afaiaw are protesting his innocence, another red flag dont you thnk? If not, why?

But it could quite easily have been Chris Jefferies, they had in the frame, they originally arrested him because he said he saw 3 people leaving Joanna yeates Flat around 9.00pm on the night.

He was parking his car on the street.

All I'm saying is I'm not convinced to the events the police say took place.

If the Forensic lab that helped convict Tabak are sloppy, how is the DNA not questionable.

And chaplains dont tell confessions..

And no stomach contents make me feel like something happened to her later, there is no conclusive time of death.

Also the removal of all the discussion pages at the time is rather odd..

There were tenants/ neighbours who contributed to the orignal discussions as events unfolded.

Does that mean that this discusssion thread will be removed??

Offline [...]

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2016, 01:05:03 PM »
Police await forensic test results on 'highly significant' item of evidence
Charity shop searched for missing sock after tip-off
Sicko sends pizza label to pub where Jo had last drink

Police hunting the killer of Jo Yeates have fresh hope today after a series of new revelations.
Chief among them is a 'highly significant' piece of new evidence that has been handed to them and which is undergoing a series of forensic tests.
In keeping with the investigation so far, the police have not revealed details of what the item is, but it is understood that it is not the sock that was missing from her body when it was discovered on Christmas Day.

What was the significant piece of evidence, and was it ever linked to Tabak????

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345938/Joanna-Yeates-murder-The-final-text-friend-replied-late.html#ixzz4PhlGl1SE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2016, 02:29:46 PM »
Dont think it was ever revealed what that piece of evidence was.

Offline [...]

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »
Miss Yeates had got home after drinks and “settled down for the evening when she was interrupted by Vincent Tabak”.

https://www.channel4.com/news/yeates-accused-appears-in-court-in-bristol

Now this throws up a few questions:

Contradition in terms:

Had she got comfy at home, relaxing infront of the TV before Tabak arrived?

Which still means she would have to arrive kick off boots, put shopping in kitchen, turn oven on, open and drink half bottle of cider.

It sounds like she was sat down with her drink of cider Watching something on TV!

How did they know that the TV was on?? Tabak didnt have to mention turning TV off??

Why do the prosecution know she was relaxing?

You get less and less time.

Thought their idea was he just went straight round after she arrived home and attacked her??

So did she have time to SETTLE DOWN as the prosecution say or was she attacked as she ARRIVED HOME??

Think about it... whats your idea of settling down when you arrive home?

The date of the article is 10th oct 2011

so it was said in court.

Offline mercury

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2016, 10:00:15 PM »
I DO think it is odd that VT's family has been so quiet.  However, they are not in this country, and they may well be thinking that, if they dont make any fuss, VT will be deported to serve out his sentence in Holland.  They might have been told this, and I am sure it is what they will be wanting.  Families don't give up on their own even if they are convicted murderers. 

I also think it is odd that the press has been so quiet.  I would have expected some journalist to have sniffed out details of Greg's and Tanya's new "love interests" by now!  I would also have expected something on the lines of "Dining with the Dutch Devil:  former cellmate reveals what flavour of pizza he really likes"  or some similar unedifying, salacious rubbish to have emerged: VT best of friends with Ian Huntley or Nathan Matthews, for example.

Has the press been muzzled?

On the other hand, perhaps they have learned their lessons, after their treatment of Chris Jefferies.  Perhaps they think everybody only wants to hear about Brexit and Donald Trump.

I wish!!!   Hm    Hm

His parents must believe his confession too
You make a good point about the paper stories being absent but he did plead guilty,and protested it was not murder, but just a mad moment, those that have committed heinous crimes and child murders are violently attacked in prisons

I dont see any justification for snooping into the boyfriends current life as its not relevant or anyones busness,why would it be
The Leveson inquiry probably has somethng to do with this as well
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:53:43 AM by John »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2016, 10:39:25 PM »
Yes, you are absolutely right that the boyfriend's private life is none of anyone's business-----however, some unscrupulous journalists don't normally care whether the stuff they print is anyone's business or not!!

I don't believe there ever was an anonymous tip off, actually. His girlfriend stood by him when he was first arrested, and even visited him in prison.

And usually, if people have been beaten up/attacked in prison (Ian Huntley, Peter Sutcliffe, for example), that is exactly the sort of thing the papers do report!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:56:48 AM by John »

Offline [...]

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2016, 10:42:45 PM »
His parents must believe his confession too
You make a good point about the paper stories being absent but he did plead guilty,and protested it was not murder, but just a mad moment, those that have committed heinous crimes and child murders are violently attacked in prisons

I dont see any justification for snooping into the boyfriends current life as its not relevant or anyones busness,why would it be
The Leveson inquiry probably has somethng to do with this as well

Hi mercury

There's been nothing to substantiate the sobbing girl, it wasnt played in court was it?? (I'm not sure)

That could have simply been a Red Herring to make the culprit feel uncomfortable, and give away his guilt at hearing the news.

Offline [...]

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2016, 10:46:33 PM »
I don't see anything suspicious about him going to the Big Supermarket, it passed time, he was bored..

And quite honestly he didn't need to be under a CCTV writing a text, the phone provider would have a complete record of this, with (time stamps) without him having to make a song and dance about texting Tanja.

Another thing that quite suprised me, was the lack of quality of the CCTV on the suspension Bridge, so they couldn't make out any cars that drove along it,..(Driver.. number plate etc)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/222191/Poor-CCTV-film-may-let-Joanna-Yeates-killer-escape

Why have CCTV on a road that cannot take pictures of vehicles???

whats the point of them??

Whilst writing this i thought,... hang on a minute, Does Clifton Suspension Bridge have a toll?

http://www.cliftonbridge.org.uk/

So now, how on earth would any driver get across that Bridge without:

A: Paying or

B: smashing through the barriers??

How would they ever be able to chase up someone who didn't pay?
So there must be clear CCTV of the suspension bridge and all the vehicles that crossed it!!

So on that token, that can't prove or disprove that Tabak or Greg went along Clifton Suspension Bridge..
Or anyone else for that matter!!!

Extract from daily mail:

Detectives interviewed the owner of the car earlier this month but eliminated him at that stage.
A source close to the investigation told The Mail on Sunday: ‘The investigation changed dramatically three weeks ago after this new CCTV footage came to light.
‘The discovery of this car driving over the bridge shifted the case’s dynamics.
'Before this breakthrough the investigation was close to hitting a brick wall. They had interviewed Miss Yeates’s landlord but nothing materialised from it and there was no concrete evidence linking him in any way to the murder.
‘It appears he had brought himself under suspicion by making a series of comments which now appear to be irrelevant and innocuous. There was no case against him.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1349615/Joanna-Yeates-murder-Vincent-Tabak-charged-murder-court-Monday.html#ixzz4PpyeMNSI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thought they could identify cars going over the bridge?