Author Topic: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates  (Read 200771 times)

Offline [...]

Re: Vincent Tabak and the Murder of Joanna Yeates
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2016, 08:50:38 PM »
This document is about all the fire engines, etc sent out to recover Joanna's body.

The document is the result of a Freedom of Information request (not asked for by myself, but by a friend, who does not post on this site).

It tells us nothing about who may or may not have committed the murder, but I think it tells us a lot about where Joanna's body may or may not have been found.

If any poster has a good explanation as to why all these fire engines and pumping tenders might have been needed, please let us know!!

thanks for the pdf mrswah, I'll do one question at a time, so my posts not too long...

At the bottom of the pdf I think it's page 5

How did they know that the person was strangled, when a post mortem had not taken place?

Offline [...]

« Reply #391 on: November 28, 2016, 09:44:52 PM »
hi mrswah...

Why did it take so long for them to deploy the fire services?

Incident category: Special Service
Number of appliances deployed:
Attendance
Victims involved: Yes
Type of property: Outdoor > Grassland, woodland and crops > Roadside
vegetation
Attack on firefighters: No
Special Service Incident Type: Recovery of body
Evacuation involved: Yes
Late call: No
Date/time closed: 29 December 2010 13:55:15
Date/time of stopped message: 25 December 2010 16:23:22
25 December 2010 13:01:46
Timings
Time of call:
Incident type at call: Assist other agency
Origin of call: Other
Call
'Over the border' incident: No
Incident status: Published
FRS Incident Number: 019064-25122010
Recording station: Bedminster Fire Station
I

That's 4 hours after she was discovered??

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #392 on: November 29, 2016, 12:21:29 AM »
As to how they knew she was strangled, I think the incident report must have been written up later, as it mentions 29th December.

Why they were not called until 4 hours after the body was found, I have not a clue----------.

Offline [...]

« Reply #393 on: November 29, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »
Really odd, they say verge and then ditch??
A white tent was erected over the ditch where the discovery was made earlier today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341520/Missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-Police-womans-body.html#ixzz4RO6mXMKH
 | DailyMail on Facebook

Thats closer to the entrance of the quarry....

Police have also brought in assistance from the fire brigade, believed to be helping aid the recovery of the body.

Where the tents erected, there isn't a wall???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline [...]

« Reply #394 on: November 29, 2016, 07:48:08 PM »
As to how they knew she was strangled, I think the incident report must have been written up later, as it mentions 29th December.

Why they were not called until 4 hours after the body was found, I have not a clue----------.

Some were there till 9.44pm?
Deployed from Home Station: Avon > Avonmouth Fire Station
Pumping - Water tender
Time mobile:     25 December 2010 21:17:57
Time at scene:   25 December 2010 21:31:14
Time available:  25 December 2010 21:44:03
Demounted resource:No
Number of crew:4

Why would they need to be that late mrswah?

Thats page 2

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #395 on: November 29, 2016, 07:57:47 PM »
Don't know!!

I assume they were looking for evidence. 

I am confused by the boat-----they must have been dealing with a pond/water.  However, this was never reported, as far as I know.  Why not, I wonder--------. 

Offline [...]

« Reply #396 on: November 29, 2016, 08:15:41 PM »
Don't know!!

I assume they were looking for evidence. 

I am confused by the boat-----they must have been dealing with a pond/water.  However, this was never reported, as far as I know.  Why not, I wonder--------.

It's very weird.....

Lifting & Hydraulic - Lifting & animal harnesses, straps 2
stretcher 1
Equipment

When I first looked at this I thought they might have used animal harnesses, but i think they must mean straps...
But every time I look i'm not sure....

I suppose it depends how you read it....

Offline [...]

« Reply #397 on: November 29, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »
http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article85122.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/jo-yeates-image-3-423243833.jpg
Quote below is from Greg:
She was really looking forward to Christmas. We had put up a tree and she was due to bake some mince pies.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340586/Boyfriend-missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-sobs-I-want-Christmas.html#ixzz4RQoFvYn7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So were is the christmas tree in the photos, when the jury visited the flat????

I was under the impression the flat looked like it did when Jo disappeared... but it looks incredibly tidy, and the tree is missing...

What else should be there???

Infact I don't remember the christmas tree being mentioned in court.......

Did Dr Vincent Tabak mention the tree???

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #398 on: November 29, 2016, 09:28:38 PM »
when the jury visited the flat, I heard that it was as it had been, except that Greg had moved his things out.

Dont know whether or not they had a tree.

Offline [...]

« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2016, 09:50:57 PM »
when the jury visited the flat, I heard that it was as it had been, except that Greg had moved his things out.

Dont know whether or not they had a tree.

Well he said in that interview they had a christmas tree.... on the link i had with the quote above your post....

I also thought that and greg had bicycles and a Sking equipment,...

If she was keen on motorbikes did she have one in bristol or was that just at her parents home???

They were both really sporty...
But the flat is lacking sports equipment.....

Offline [...]

« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2016, 10:28:43 PM »
The bicycle bag that Joanna Yeates was supposed to have been transported in, is something of an enigma..

What type of bag was it??

Because Tanja Morson was never called to trail we do not really know whether or not Dr Vincent Tabak even owned a bicycle bag...

A few questions here about it.....

(1) Wouldn't have there been transfer from the bicycle bag to joanna Yeates?? (fibres etc)

(2) What type was it? Did it have handles and how strong would they be... bicycle bags tend to carry lightweight aluminum frames? making lifting it with someone inside really problamatic..

(3) what type of Bicycle did dr Vincent Tabak ride?

(4) Would he actually own a bicycle bag?? I say this because unless he took it with him flying and travelling all the time , there's no point owning one.. Flying you have extra weight control and charges??

(5) Was it waterproof??

I say about it being waterproof because I can't see how joanna yeates blood ended up in the boot of the car....
she had a bleed from the nose, but... he apparently had her in his house for 1 hour, so how could any blood get into his car, I would have thought the nose bleed would have stopped by then????

Even if it wasn't waterproof , you would need to loose alot of blood in an hour after the event for it to stain the boot of the car....(or leave anything, no matter how small)?? Blood hadn't been left in Dr Vincent flat..
So how did it get into the car??
If the bicycle bag had blood seeping, with him being so devious as he has been called , you would have thought he'd have put plastic down to stop transfer.

Just a thought

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #401 on: November 30, 2016, 12:18:31 AM »
Yep. I have made this point on several occasions:  we needed to know from Tanja whether or not she or Vincent owned a bicycle bag, and whether one was missing after the weekend of 17th-19th December.

I believe Vincent owned a mountain bike. One was removed for analysis when he was arrested, but we were not told whether or not anything significant was found on it.

The idea that Joanna was transported in either a suitcase or a bicycle bag is supposed to account for the fact that there was very little forensic evidence in the car:  just that tiny blood spot. I assume Vincent must have volunteered this as part of his story, or else it was suggested to him: will have to look up what he said at the trial.

Offline [...]

« Reply #402 on: November 30, 2016, 02:11:13 AM »
I'm not sure you get bicycle bag's for mountain bikes...

The frame would be too cumbersome and the wheels are quite heavy...
The only ones i've seen are for mountain bikes that fold..

Did Dr Vincent Tabak's mountain bike fold?????

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #403 on: November 30, 2016, 10:00:38 AM »
One further post  from me, outlining some comments made by Sally Ramage, a lawyer, and editor of a legal journal, who was present at the trial.

www.philpapers.org/archive/RAMTMT-4.pdf

This is the long version, and a lot of it repeats itself:  I guess that Ms Ramage wrote several articles after the trial to be published in various journals, and they have all got lumped together. Don't actually know, however, as I do not know her.

However, being a lawyer, and having been at the trial, (as an observer) I would guess she knows far more about the case than I do.  Incidentally, she does not say that VT is innocent.

Here are some quotes taken from her account. They have influenced me in my opinions about the case.

"The majority of the prosecution evidence, apart from the post-mortem, was circumstantial, and the only real evidence was the post mortem result and the oral evidence out of the mouth of the defendant hiself, who seemed in an automated state and psychiatrically distressed state, in the author's opinion, totally ignored by his defence barrister, William Clegg, QC, by the judge, Justice Field, while the prosecuting counsel, Nigel Lickley, QC rudely and crudely, verbally and psychologically badgered the defendant for hours and hours in the witness box."

""Ensuring Dr Tabak on a Sex Offender's Register after the murder trial was a way of stopping any appeal or retrial of his case."

"Perhaps Vincent did use the terms "fraud" and "forgery" very coherently if he felt that the police had taken his innocent hard drives, which he evidently did not seek to hide (which is very significant, surely), found some data relating to innocent searches he had made and then added fabricated evidence on to it (pertaining to the weekend of Jo's murder) to make it look as if all his searches on the computer were suspicious."

Wont quote any more, as I know people don't like long posts.  Anyone interested can read the account for themselves, should they wish to.

I find it interesting that a lawyer can consider the possibility of police falsifying computer evidence.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:18:29 PM by mrswah »

Offline [...]

« Reply #404 on: November 30, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »
I've been looking at that paper mrswah....

I find the searches most revealing.....

At Line 267 of the prosecution chart
at 15.00 pm on 21 December 2010, Tabak searched the words
‘Extradition of Dutchman’
‘Jo Yeates’

I wonder if that was all he searched , it implys that by just having those two searches, I cant see him just doing two searches...

If he was so worried about being caught, you think he'd have spent alot more time doing these searches, It doesn't say whether the searches yielded results???

I've just done a search for "Extradition Dutchman" for the relevant time and the results were:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=extradition+dutchman&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1006&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A20%2F12%2F2010%2Ccd_max%3A22%2F12%2F2010&tbm=#tbs=cdr:1%2Ccd_min:20%2F12%2F2010%2Ccd_max:22%2F12%2F2010&q=extradition+dutchman+

The only dutchman I could find at the time, going around the houses was........

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=extradition+dutchman&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1006&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A20%2F12%2F2010%2Ccd_max%3A22%2F12%2F2010&tbm=#tbs=cdr:1%2Ccd_min:20%2F12%2F2010%2Ccd_max:22%2F12%2F2010&q=Joran+van+der+Sloot
The Process To Extradite Joran Van Der Sloot From Peru Has Begun!
http://perezhilton.com/tag/joran_van_der_sloot/#.WD6sd6KLRQN

Was this whom Dr Vincent Tabak was looking for??

So did he go around the houses to find out about this Dutchman, or did he just do 2 searches, they obviously didn't have everything that Dr Vincent Tabak searched for or accessed on that day...

He was an avid weather watcher, it was something he looked at everyday:
Tabak: I always access the Internet for weather reports even whilst in Los Angeles. I had
my computers set up for that.

That is not there, on that day his weather search.... But it is the day after..

Plenty of people in the country were searching about Joanna Yeates, and as she was his next door neighbour I imagine he was doing the same..

Again if the defence had been furnished with the 1300 page document in ample time, they too would have found these searches not applicable..

All the prosecution needed to do was "Imply" that Dr Vincent Tabak was looking at extradition of a Dutchman, which I have said before, he could have easily stayed in Holland when he went to visit his family, if he had committed this crime..

Why search 2 days after she was missing, the relivance of the "extradition of Dutchman "... doesn't make sense..

If he had stayed in Holland when he was there in late December they would either have had the trial there, or insisted that he was returned after trial , to serve his sentence back in Holland...

The prosecution, allowed people to make a descision, based on cherry picking searches, which we have touched upon before, they do not prove intent....

Maybe he had been searching  or reading about this dutchman whilst he was in America?
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/18/natalees-mom-to-van-der-sloot-i-cant-close-the-book/

This had been an ongoing case.....

But.. the prosecution didn't show all of his searches....!!!

The Defence should have looked into this..??