Author Topic: Are there thousands of pages not in the file on the internet?  (Read 25766 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Are there thousands of pages not in the file on the internet?
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2018, 08:41:01 AM »
Impossible IMO. I think she got the information elsewhere and for whatever reason attributed it to the files.  She may be protecting a source or have forgotten but I don't believe she read it in the files.

There is another item Kate ascribes to the files that isn't in the released copy on the internet, that is:

Page 56 It wasn't until a year later, when I was combing though the Portuguese files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.

Page 325 It was here [combing through the files] I found the receptionist’s note in the Ocean Club staff message book explaining that we wanted to book the Tapas restaurant for the rest of that week because we were leaving our children alone in our apartments. I was dismayed. This was a green light to a child-taker - and yet no mention of it is made in the files until December 2007.

Ah, the block booking made on Monday morning by short dark-haired Rachael. Or was it made on Sunday by a tall thin man, as the receptionist Luisa Coutinho testified?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »
Ah, the block booking made on Monday morning by short dark-haired Rachael. Or was it made on Sunday by a tall thin man, as the receptionist Luisa Coutinho testified?

It would be helpful to include a cite for both.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »
It would be helpful to include a cite for both.
"She remembers that on Sunday 29th April one of the elements of the group arrived with the child Madeleine McCann, she does not know his name and can only say that he was male and tall and thin and that he approached her to request a booking for the whole group, for the whole week and always at 20.30.

When questioned, she confirms that the man was not the father of the girl but one of the members of the group whom was often seen in his company.

The man justified his request by saying that the group had many small children whom they would leave alone when they went to dine. She said that at intervals some two parents would go to the apartments to see if everything was OK.

The deponent made some comments about the request, saying that the Tapas received many requests and that MW only had a quota of 20 per day, but upon the insistence of the guest she managed to make the bookings requested.

She confirms that it was possible to see the apartment from the restaurant, including the window of the sitting room."  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LUISA_COUTINHO.htm

The other cite has been noted before but how do you find it.  It was one of the managers wasn't it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »
"She remembers that on Sunday 29th April one of the elements of the group arrived with the child Madeleine McCann, she does not know his name and can only say that he was male and tall and thin and that he approached her to request a booking for the whole group, for the whole week and always at 20.30.

When questioned, she confirms that the man was not the father of the girl but one of the members of the group whom was often seen in his company.

The man justified his request by saying that the group had many small children whom they would leave alone when they went to dine. She said that at intervals some two parents would go to the apartments to see if everything was OK.

The deponent made some comments about the request, saying that the Tapas received many requests and that MW only had a quota of 20 per day, but upon the insistence of the guest she managed to make the bookings requested.

She confirms that it was possible to see the apartment from the restaurant, including the window of the sitting room."  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LUISA_COUTINHO.htm

The other cite has been noted before but how do you find it.  It was one of the managers wasn't it?

Possibly in one or other of the rogatory statements ... I don't know offhand ... which is why I suggested a cite would be helpful.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »
Mercury talked about the file being 40,000 pages long.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6432.msg256497#msg256497  "It is about time people thanked the translators of the mccannpjfiles otherwise they would have NOTHING much to talk about, or cherry pick, or skew, and perhaps use their nous most of the tme instead of criticising, but of course, they can have a stab if they want to translate 40000 pages themselves for no thanks and criticism of course"

For some reason the 40,000 page figure keeps coming up.

Shining in Luz blog had the quote from OG. https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/tag/charity-collector/
"It added that the “vast majority” of the work of Operation Grange had been completed. In total officers had reviewed more than 40,000 documents, took 1,338 statements and collected 1,027 exhibits."

Was that 40,000 the number of pages in the PJ original file?

What about this enormous number!  http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-mccann-scotland-yard-back-in-portugal/27582
"Throughout the course of the review officers have been in close contact with the McCann family who have been assigned a Family Liaison Officer.
The review team say they are in a unique position in that their task is to compile and review material from three separate strands - the Portuguese investigation, inquiries by UK law enforcement agencies, and the work of private investigators/agencies.
Officers have been going through that material which they believe amounts to around 40,000 pieces of information equating to approximately 100,000 pages."
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »
Mercury talked about the file being 40,000 pages long.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6432.msg256497#msg256497  "It is about time people thanked the translators of the mccannpjfiles otherwise they would have NOTHING much to talk about, or cherry pick, or skew, and perhaps use their nous most of the tme instead of criticising, but of course, they can have a stab if they want to translate 40000 pages themselves for no thanks and criticism of course"

For some reason the 40,000 page figure keeps coming up.

Shining in Luz blog had the quote from OG. https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/tag/charity-collector/
"It added that the “vast majority” of the work of Operation Grange had been completed. In total officers had reviewed more than 40,000 documents, took 1,338 statements and collected 1,027 exhibits."

Was that 40,000 the number of pages in the PJ original file?

What about this enormous number!  http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-mccann-scotland-yard-back-in-portugal/27582
"Throughout the course of the review officers have been in close contact with the McCann family who have been assigned a Family Liaison Officer.
The review team say they are in a unique position in that their task is to compile and review material from three separate strands - the Portuguese investigation, inquiries by UK law enforcement agencies, and the work of private investigators/agencies.
Officers have been going through that material which they believe amounts to around 40,000 pieces of information equating to approximately 100,000 pages."

The Scotland Yard review consisted not only of the PJ files in their entirety ... but also of all the information which had been collected since 2008 when Madeleine's case was archived ... which as mentioned above included information from the much maligned McCann private detectives and the information sent to Ricardo Paiva as head of the Madeleine investigation but which had been filed and ignored ... the revelation of which in my opinion shamed the authorities in both countries into reviewing Madeleine's case.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
Possibly in one or other of the rogatory statements ... I don't know offhand ... which is why I suggested a cite would be helpful.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

Offline kizzy

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2018, 11:11:37 AM »

Even with a site - how would you know if there are thousands of pages not seen by anyone.

is that what GA is referring to here.

The former lead detective on the Madeliene McCann case Goncalo Amaral has defended making her parents official suspects.

Mr Amaral was removed from his post in October 2007 after reportedly criticising his British counterparts. (00:01:44)

Transcript:

Gonçalo Amaral: In this case, it wasn't purely and simply a decision taken by police officers - Portuguese and British police - there were others involved; Public prosecutors, the National Directorate of the Portugese police - they all knew there was a necessity to put everything on the table, in light of the advances we had made, the combinations of leads we had. There were no persecutions, the police do not want to persecute anyone, just to investigate what happened in a given case.

Steve Kingstone: According to the McCann's then spokeswoman, it was put to Kate McCann in her police interview blood had been found in the car and we now know that that evidence was not conclusive, there will be people who say that the police bluffed in that inteview.

GA: I guarantee there was no bluff in those interviews, not at all, and when all the documents are made public, people will see I am telling the truth.

SK: Do you think it's possible that Madeleine McCann is still alive?

GA: The evidence that we had gathered by the time I left the case pointed to the girl being dead and having died inside the apartment. I don't know what happened next, I can't say, we'll have to wait for the case files to be made public.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2018, 12:37:44 PM »
Yes where is this evidence GA talks about?
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2018, 01:07:39 PM »
Yes where is this evidence GA talks about?

More to the point, where is the evidence that they tried to bluff the McCanns?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
More to the point, where is the evidence that they tried to bluff the McCanns?
Ask GA not me.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »
Ask GA not me.

Well if it's not in the files then there's no evidence they tried to bluff the McCanns, is there?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2018, 05:40:27 PM »
So the police (Amaral) never said blood had been found in the car, or put that as evidence to Kate McCann, is that the arguement now?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »
Even with a site - how would you know if there are thousands of pages not seen by anyone.

is that what GA is referring to here.

The former lead detective on the Madeliene McCann case Goncalo Amaral has defended making her parents official suspects.

Mr Amaral was removed from his post in October 2007 after reportedly criticising his British counterparts. (00:01:44)

Transcript:

Gonçalo Amaral: In this case, it wasn't purely and simply a decision taken by police officers - Portuguese and British police - there were others involved; Public prosecutors, the National Directorate of the Portugese police - they all knew there was a necessity to put everything on the table, in light of the advances we had made, the combinations of leads we had. There were no persecutions, the police do not want to persecute anyone, just to investigate what happened in a given case.

Steve Kingstone: According to the McCann's then spokeswoman, it was put to Kate McCann in her police interview blood had been found in the car and we now know that that evidence was not conclusive, there will be people who say that the police bluffed in that inteview.

GA: I guarantee there was no bluff in those interviews, not at all, and when all the documents are made public, people will see I am telling the truth.

SK: Do you think it's possible that Madeleine McCann is still alive?

GA: The evidence that we had gathered by the time I left the case pointed to the girl being dead and having died inside the apartment. I don't know what happened next, I can't say, we'll have to wait for the case files to be made public.

No bluff.... Amaral believed the rubbish he was spouting