Author Topic: Are there thousands of pages not in the file on the internet?  (Read 25764 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Are there thousands of pages not in the file on the internet?
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
A bit of a contradiction, unrecorded information in the files...
Not really, when she says SOME of the information is not recorded in the files.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2018, 09:01:37 PM »
Madeleine McCann police seek intruder who attacked girls at holiday homes

"These offences are very serious and no one has been charged in connection with them. We also need to eliminate this man from our inquiries and ascertain whether these offences are linked to Madeleine's disappearance," he said.

"If you have been a victim of a similar crime please come forward even if you reported the incident to police in Portugal, or anywhere else, please do not assume we have been made aware of it."

There was also a "very close resonance" to some features of Madeleine's disappearance, said Redwood.

"We really need to identify the offender, to bring to a close the trauma and the tragedy that these families have suffered, and then seek to establish whether this is connected to Madeleine's disappearance."    DCI Redwood

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-police-intruder-girls-algarve

There must have been a reason behind DCI Redwood's advice to crime victims not to assume that SY had been made aware of it even if reported to the Portuguese police.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2018, 09:32:19 PM »
Is there any evidence that different people are given different levels of access to police files?

No!

"If the procedure is not under secrecy of justice its file may be accessed by anyone who has a legitimate reason for doing so".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2018, 09:53:06 PM »
No!

"If the procedure is not under secrecy of justice its file may be accessed by anyone who has a legitimate reason for doing so".
Not everyone will have the same legitimacy surely?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2018, 10:27:24 PM »

The files are either on the DVD or they're under Judicial Secrecy..Those still under Judicial secrecy would not be released to anyone.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2018, 10:30:59 PM »

It would seem provided the person has legitimacy, which is well delineated, they have access to all the file except personal information and that which is not considered evidence.
It's on page 583 of the EU Commission Tome on the subject.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2018, 10:34:50 PM »
It would seem provided the person has legitimacy, which is well delineated, they have access to all the file except personal information and that which is not considered evidence.
It's on page 583 of the EU Commission Tome on the subject.
Is that on the internet, can you give me the actual link, I'd like to see if I can get my own copy of the file?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2018, 10:42:43 PM »
Kate also writes in her book of reading in the files of the depraved paedo individuals living in the area, of the crimes they had committed and the actions  (or lack of them) recorded by the Portguese police on visiting some of them.  So how did Kate gain access to these details?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2018, 10:53:45 PM »
Kate also writes in her book of reading in the files of the depraved paedo individuals living in the area, of the crimes they had committed and the actions  (or lack of them) recorded by the Portguese police on visiting some of them.  So how did Kate gain access to these details?
Didn't she get these via the British Consulate.  That was my impression; was that in her book?
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2018, 10:59:23 PM »
Didn't she get these via the British Consulate.  That was my impression; was that in her book?
According to Kate these were records of the Portuguese police visiting the homes of some known child sex offenders, and simply recording “no minor present”.  How would these documents have got into the hands of the British Consulate first?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2018, 11:05:41 PM »
According to Kate these were records of the Portuguese police visiting the homes of some known child sex offenders, and simply recording “no minor present”.  How would these documents have got into the hands of the British Consulate first?
It didn't take the McCanns long to contact the UK consulate on Portugal, so who knows the other parents may have also reported the incidents to the Consulate particularly in cases where the parents felt the PJ weren't treating it seriously enough.  The Consulate may have been looking into the series of incidences long before the McCann case occurred.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2018, 11:18:30 PM »
It didn't take the McCanns long to contact the UK consulate on Portugal, so who knows the other parents may have also reported the incidents to the Consulate particularly in cases where the parents felt the PJ weren't treating it seriously enough.  The Consulate may have been looking into the series of incidences long before the McCann case occurred.
You are confusing two separate issues - the attacks on British children (known to the consulate) and visits by the PJ to known sex offenders of various nationalities during the McCann investigation.  Why would the British Consulate have had paperwork pertaining to these?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2018, 11:43:13 PM »
You are confusing two separate issues - the attacks on British children (known to the consulate) and visits by the PJ to known sex offenders of various nationalities during the McCann investigation.  Why would the British Consulate have had paperwork pertaining to these?
The British Consulate could have asked for it.  I don't know exactly.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2018, 07:00:40 AM »
A bit of a contradiction, unrecorded information in the files...

Impossible IMO. I think she got the information elsewhere and for whatever reason attributed it to the files.  She may be protecting a source or have forgotten but I don't believe she read it in the files.

There is another item Kate ascribes to the files that isn't in the released copy on the internet, that is:

Page 56 It wasn't until a year later, when I was combing though the Portuguese files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.

Page 325 It was here [combing through the files] I found the receptionist’s note in the Ocean Club staff message book explaining that we wanted to book the Tapas restaurant for the rest of that week because we were leaving our children alone in our apartments. I was dismayed. This was a green light to a child-taker - and yet no mention of it is made in the files until December 2007.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2018, 07:14:58 AM »
Impossible IMO. I think she got the information elsewhere and for whatever reason attributed it to the files.  She may be protecting a source or have forgotten but I don't believe she read it in the files.

There is another item Kate ascribes to the files that isn't in the released copy on the internet, that is:

Page 56 It wasn't until a year later, when I was combing though the Portuguese files, that I discovered that the note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day. This book was accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too. To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence and simply to explain why she was bending the rules a bit, the receptionist had added the reason for our request: we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.

Page 325 It was here [combing through the files] I found the receptionist’s note in the Ocean Club staff message book explaining that we wanted to book the Tapas restaurant for the rest of that week because we were leaving our children alone in our apartments. I was dismayed. This was a green light to a child-taker - and yet no mention of it is made in the files until December 2007.

This is information collated by the PJ that Kate has access to that we do not, same as the other examples I have posted.