Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 599838 times)

Offline [...]

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #2761 on: October 26, 2018, 04:47:40 PM »
What does your common sense tell you?

"The family of Joanna Yeates can begin to plan her funeral after her body was released, it emerged today.

A post mortem examination was carried out last week on behalf of Vincent Tabak by a pathologist, Bristol Crown Court was told.

Michael Fitton QC, representing Tabak, told the preliminary hearing that Dr Nat Carey conducted the examination last Wednesday.

"With his consent we have consented to the release of the body of the deceased," Mr Fitton told the court.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/joanna-yeates-body-released-to-family-2199445.html

That statement has just made something dawn on me.......

I was trying to establish whether or not Clegg had received the files that Paul Cook and Micheal Fitton QC, had when they represented Dr Vincent Tabak....

I had always assumed that Clegg cannot have had these files..... That there must have been more statements between his first counsel.... I had even thought his first counsel had questioned Tanja Morson and CJ... It seemed a likely scenario...

So if Dr Carey is independent of anything Paul Cook and Micheal Fitton QC had started... Then how and when did Dr Carey examine Joanna yeates??

They allowed Joanna Yeates to be buried.... When and how could Dr Carey do anything??

What did he do... witness a report on how she died??

And if Clegg didn't have these files.... How comes he used Dr Carey as The defence witness??

Also... If the original counsel, did not transfer the documentation they had.... Then why did Clegg use Dr Carey??

Offline [...]

« Reply #2762 on: October 26, 2018, 07:48:45 PM »

Joanna Yeates murder case: Neighbour heard cry for help

By This is Bristol  |  Posted: January 22, 2011

Joanna Yeates murder case: Neighbour heard cry for help
By This is Bristol  |  Posted: January 22, 2011

joanna-yeates2
Murder victim Joanna Yeates

A resident who lives near the flat of murder victim Joanna Yeates has told police he may have heard her call for help.

The man, who asked not to be named, heard a chilling cry which worried him so much that he looked out of his window in his property, which is behind where Miss Yeates' lived, and then went outside to check it out.

He is unsure of exactly when the incident happened but has become increasingly concerned that it was on December 18 – the morning after Miss Yeates was last seen.

After first hearing the cry and not being able to work out where it had come from, the man dismissed it as someone falling on an icy pavement nearby.

It was only when Miss Yeates' body was found on Christmas Day that the incident returned to haunt him and he went to police officers to discuss it further.

The man told the Evening Post: "I was working in my bedroom when I heard a cry – it was not a scream, but it was pretty loud. It sounded like a female voice or young child.

"I didn't hear the first word but the next two words were definitely 'help me'.

"It sounded like an impassioned plea and the impression I got was that it came from the direction of Canynge Road.

"It was not so much the words that were said that unnerved me but the way they were said.

"I opened the bedroom window and looked out but couldn't see anything. I then went outside and looked and listened for about 10 seconds but when I didn't see or hear anything I dismissed it because the pavements were slippy."

The man told the Post he was unsure on which day he had heard the cry and at one stage thought it had happened before Miss Yeates disappeared.
But the incident returned to haunt him after the 25-year-old landscape architect's strangled body was found near Failand.

The man said: "Over the next few days they found the body and it started to play on my mind and I thought to myself there was a greater probability what I heard was relevant, so I contacted police.

"The moment they found the body and I realised it was a murder investigation it really started playing on my mind. I realised what I had heard could be really significant."

He checked the computer he was working on when he heard the cry, to see if he could find something to jog his memory.

The man added: "I still can't be exactly sure which day I heard it but I definitely heard a cry for help.

"It has worried me since because I have felt guilty that I was not more proactive but I was not aware at that time of what was to follow."

The man spoke to the Post as police were granted more time to question Dutch architect Vincent Tabak, who was arrested on suspicion of Miss Yeates' murder on Thursday morning.

The 32-year-old was being held at an unnamed police station yesterday.

The team investigating Miss Yeates' murder currently have until this evening to either bring a charge, apply for more time or release him on bail or without charge.

Police erected scaffolding and green tarpaulin as they examined his flat in 44 Canynge Road, which adjoins the flat Miss Yeates lived in with boyfriend Greg Reardon, 27.

The properties were separated by a door between Miss Yeates' bedroom and one of the two bedrooms of the flat occupied by Mr Tabak which was bricked up when the building was converted to flats.

He is registered as living at the address with his girlfriend Tanja Morson, 34, but was arrested from 37 Aberdeen Road, less than a mile away in Redland, where it is understood he was staying with the permission of a friend who was abroad.

Canynge Road remained cordoned off yesterday.

Searches also took place at the property in Aberdeen Road but a cordon put up by officers on Thursday following the arrest was removed by last night, although a police car remained outside the property.

Avon and Somerset Constabulary still refuse to confirm whether Mr Tabak was the 32-year-old man they had arrested.

Mr Tabak, who works in Bath, is understood to have gone to Holland to spend Christmas with family on December 19 and to not have returned to Bristol until recently.

Miss Yeates was last seen alive when she went for drinks with colleagues at the Bristol Ram pub in Park Street on December 17 and made her way home via three local shops.

Miss Yeates' landlord Chris Jefferies, 65, who was arrested on December 30, remains on police bail.

Not only do we have the report on Kingdon, But we have a report that Dr Vincent Tabak was away in Holland from the 19th December 2010....

Now that puts the cat amongst the pigeons...

Not surprised all of The Bristol Posts articles have been removed, if the have information that may contest, the lies told on the stand....

So..... Where was Dr Vincent Tabak on the 19th December 2010?????  Anyone??? Anyone like to confirm this detail????

Have more untruths been told on the stand?? by others?? And not on the stand??

Funny thing was... I had read before somewhere that Dr Vincent Tabak was in Holland at this time...

https://web.archive.org/web/20140906002920/http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/NEIGHBOUR-HEARD-HELP/story-11245954-detail/story.html#q56jPYPPp0PcVuHK.99

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/NEIGHBOUR-HEARD-HELP/story-11245954-detail/story.html#q56jPYPPp0PcVuHK.99

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2763 on: October 26, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Because it's all a lie......

What's all a lie?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline [...]

« Reply #2764 on: October 27, 2018, 09:19:06 AM »
Help Bristol police find killer who strangled Clifton architect Joanna Yeates

Wednesday, December 29, 2010, 07:38

The ​detective leading the hunt for the murderer of Bristol landscape architect Joanna Yeates has appealed for the public's help.

Detective Chief Inspector Phil Jones has urged anyone with information that could help track down her killer to come forward.

He said: "Somebody out there does know what happened to Joanna. Someone out there is holding that vital piece of information we need to help provide Joanna's family with the answers they need and want."

He made his plea after disclosing the result of a post-mortem examination which revealed the 25-year-old from Clifton was strangled.

Around 70 police and civilian staff are involved in the investigation, which has become one of the biggest in Bristol for years.

The family of Miss Yeates said yesterday that it had been a "relief" to see her body after going through the worst week of their lives when she was found to be missing.

Her father David, 63, said: "I fear that whoever has done this will never hand themselves in, but we live in hope that the police will catch who is responsible.

"We are sure that the police know more about what happened than they are telling us, but at the moment we are not questioning them because we feel they are doing their best.

"Hearing Jo had been murdered was not a surprise because we had been told to prepare for the worst.

"Since hearing about her death all sorts of things have been running through our mind and we are trying to rationalise what has happened.

"Last week was the worst of our lives and we are hoping that we will never have to go through anything like this again.

"Things were made just that little bit less terrible when we saw Jo's body.

"It was a relief to see her body again – we just said 'welcome back'."

Mr Yeates said his family were keen to make arrangements for his daughter's funeral but they had been informed by the police that her body was unlikely to be released "for a while".

Miss Yeates was last seen alive on December 17 and reported missing by her boyfriend Greg Reardon, 27, two days later when he returned home from a weekend away.

Her fully clothed body was discovered by dog walkers, partially covered by leaves and snow, on a quiet lane three miles from her home, at around 9am on Christmas Day.

The post-mortem examination had been delayed because of the frozen state of her body.

DCI Jones said police believed Miss Yeates' body had lain there several days.

He said: "The pathologist concluded that the cause of her death was compression of the neck; in other words, strangulation.

"As a result of the findings of the post mortem, we believe that Joanna's body has been in the roadside verge off Longwood Lane, Failand, for several days before being discovered on Christmas morning."

DCI Jones said officers were continuing their meticulous search of the area in which Miss Yeates was found in the hope of finding anything that might lead them to her killer.

He said one important line of inquiry was examining all possible routes between her home and the destination where her body was found three miles away.

This investigation will include reviewing relevant CCTV footage from cameras on the Clifton Suspension Bridge, which is an obvious link between the locations.

DCI Jones said he was keeping an 'open mind' about whether Miss Yeates was held before she was killed, whether she knew her killer or whether there was a link to any outstanding missing person or murder inquiry. He said forensic investigations were continuing into information on her computer and mobile phone.

DCI Jones did confirm that Miss Yeates' body had no other significant injuries and that officers were trying to ascertain whether she was killed at the spot her body was discovered.

He declined to speculate on the identity or existence of any suspects but stressed Mr Reardon was a witness and not a suspect.

DCI Jones urged any members of the public to come forward if they have any information whatsoever, however small or insignificant they may think it is.

He said: "We know some of her last movements on Friday, December 17. We know where and when she was found. We now know how she died.

"What we have to do next is find out why she was killed and who was responsible.

"I have a large team of police officers and staff who have been working tirelessly to help find the answers to those questions.

"I would urge anyone listening who has any information whatsoever to please come forward and speak to us."

Miss Yeates, a landscape architect for city-based firm BDP, was reported missing on the evening of December 19 by Mr Reardon.

He had returned to the couple's home in Canynge Road, Clifton, after a weekend away in Sheffield visiting family.

Miss Yeates was last seen alive two days earlier after visiting the Bristol Ram pub on Park Street with work colleagues.

She left the pub at 8pm and stopped on her way home at Waitrose on Clifton Triangle.

At 8.30pm she rang her best friend, Rebecca Scott, to arrange to meet on Christmas Eve, and at 8.40pm she left the Tesco Express on Regent Street in Clifton, where she had bought a Tesco Finest mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto pizza.

It emerged yesterday that Miss Yeates also bought a bottle of cider at off licence Bargain Booze, also in Regent Street.

Shop assistant Robin Paine, 54, said: "It was a really busy night because it was the last Friday that the students were here. I don't remember her coming in but she is on our CCTV, which the police took on Monday morning.

"That was less than 24 hours after she had been found so it made me think something awful had happened to her.

"It's hit the community very hard – it's all anyone is talking about.

"It's quite horrifying to think that this can happen and that it now appears she's been murdered. We all feel for the family, especially given the time of year."

What happened before Mr Reardon returned to the couple's flat on Sunday evening, after visiting his brother in Sheffield, is unclear.

He found Miss Yeates gone but her coat, mobile phone, keys, purse and bank cards still in the flat.

The pizza and its box were missing, and police have since appealed for information as to its whereabouts.

Police have said there were no signs of forced entry or a struggle at the Victorian flat, which is near Clifton College.

Eight days later Miss Yeates' body was found close to the entrance of Bristol and Clifton Golf Club, in Failand.

Bob Cook, district councillor for Long Ashton and Failand, said yesterday: "It is dreadful and has been very upsetting for the people of both communities in Failand and Long Ashton.

"We never expect this sort of thing to happen where we live.

"It is very sad as it affects so many people and our hearts go out to her family and friends."

Miss Yeates' body was formally identified by her parents David and Theresa on Monday.

Together with their son, Christopher, and Mr Reardon they made an emotional visit to the site where she was discovered.

After laying flowers nearby they made their way to Flax Bourton mortuary to formally identify her body.

Anyone who can help with the investigation should call the Operation Braid incident room on 0845 456 7000 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.

Why is everything the opposite way around???

The Yeates go to a potential Crime Scene first, to lay flowers on Longwood lane before they go to Flax Bourton Mortuary, to identify Joanna Yeates body.....

Why would they do that??  I am not being disrespectful... I do not know how and why they would lay flowers on a Lane before they have identified their daughters body....

I remember Mr Yeates stating something along the lines that no-one else was Missing at that time, but that simply wasn't true... He may not have know this but there was a young lady of a similar look and age Missing from Ireland, called Blathnaid Timothy.... Who went Missing around 14th December 2010...

Why are they agreeing to do a photo opportunity, before there is an official identification of the woman who was found on Longwood Lane??

It is frankly weird....(using an Ann Reddropp term) that the family all go to a possible scene of Crime before they have identified their daughter, walking all over this second scene of crime and the police allowing this to happen...

The Post Mortem hadn't been finished until the evening of the 27th December 2010, DCI Phil Jones tells us on his conference with the press.... The press conference was held on the 28th December 2010:

Press Conference at: 0:34 seconds

Good Morning.... The investigation into the death of 25 year old Joanna Yeates is now a Murder Investigation, and I'm leading that Murder Investigation,  as you know the post mortem examination has taken longer than usual because of the frozen condition of her body. The pathologist completed his examination last night

So before a cause of death has been established, before the police even know if a crime has been committed, before The yeates conclusively know that it is their daughter that has been found on Longwood Lane...

* Mr Yeates
* Mrs Yeates
* Greg Reardon
* Alla Ritch
* Frank Reardon
* Chris Yeates

Are all allowed to walk around a potential crime scene, being allowed under The Police Tape, to the area where Joanna Yeates body was supposed to have been located.... 6 people, whom should not have had access to that crime scene until after, it had been processed...

6 People allowed to walk around this potential Crime Scene, before it was announced that a murder had in fact taken place... Where we can see on this video Emma the FLO officer raising the Police tape to allow The Yeates and others to walk under this tape.... to an area, where her body was found...

Why contaminate a scene of crime?? why allow the family partner and a brother to visit this site before you have established, whether or not this is the site where a murder did in fact occur??

Before an potential suspects have been established we allow 2 people for starters, who may or may not know a vital piece of information.... It is not until the 28th December 2010 that DCI Phil Jones tells the media that Greg Reardon is a witness and not a suspect....

I am not pointing the finger at Greg, I'm pointing out inconsistencies...

We do not know if a Crime has been committed, we have potential suspect/suspects, walking around a crime scene before we even know that it's a crime scene... We allow people to lay flowers, before we know who they are laying flowers for and before an official identification has been made.....

I say suspects, because everyone at that point should be a suspect... (imo)... Once they have established that a crime has indeed taken place, I would have thought that they then double check alibi's and double check any information that they have received...  Not allow everyone to descend onto a potential crime scene....

It is not a crime scene until the crime has been established... There maybe something that they need to search for.... And it turned out they did... "A Missing Sock"....  There could potentially have been other evidence there belonging to Joanna Yeates.... But no.... lets do a photo opportunity first and then lets establish whether or not a crime has taken place.....

Doesn't that strike you as odd..... weird???

We never once see The Yeates or even Greg Reardon at Canygne Road, we never once see them there.... Joanna Yeates is a Missing person, surely one of them would want to be at Canygne Road in case she returns??  Instead, they arrive at Longwood lane..... they arrive at Longwood Lane to lay flowers, but we do not see any of them laying flowers at Canygne Road?? ....Why?.... why not??

I am flummoxed, by this case... I am flummoxed that everything works the wrong way round and no-one questions it... I am flummoxed that after all this time no-one has come forward to say what they know....

It is like I have said many times before... everything is staged.... everything we have witnessed on video and in the news appears staged....

And this particular scene at Longwood Lane only confirms my suspicions.... (imo)

https://web.archive.org/web/20110101011015/http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Help-Bristol-police-killer-strangled-Clifton-architect-Joanna-Yeates/article-3046838-detail/article.html

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Help-Bristol-police-killer-strangled-Clifton-architect-Joanna-Yeates/article-3046838-detail/article.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/missing-woman-probably-died-by-drowning-coroner-1.1400477
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8noQpXm0HQU

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/family-of-joanna-yeates-visit-spot-where-her-body-was-news-footage/693155122

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2765 on: October 27, 2018, 09:39:25 AM »
The Yeates go to a potential Crime Scene first, to lay flowers on Longwood lane before they go to Flax Bourton Mortuary, to identify Joanna Yeates body.....

Why would they do that??  I am not being disrespectful... I do not know how and why they would lay flowers on a Lane before they have identified their daughters body....

What is the logical reason to this?

Why do you think flowers were laid on Longwood Lane?

You claim I am not being disrespectful but why make that statement if it doesn't enter your thought processes?

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:47:18 AM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline [...]

« Reply #2766 on: October 27, 2018, 09:45:13 AM »
I pointed out that DS Mark Saunders had told us of some CCTV footage that shows Canygne Road on that weekend and he talks of seeing cars and people Milling about....

He is not the only one who refers to this CCTV, footage... indirectly DCI Phil Jones also divulges this information..

On The Police Conference video dated 28th December 2010 DCI Phil Jones states at : 3:24

At the time she would have arrived home, which would have been at approximately 8:45pm there were other pedestrians and vehicles in Canygne Road at that time.

Therefore confirming (imo) that he too saw the CCTV that DS Mark Saunders has spoken of.... CCTV footage that should clearly indicate if Joanna yeates reached home... CCTV footage that should clearly indicate Dr Vincent Tabak's movements that evening...

* Leaving no doubt as to what happened on that weekend...

* Leaving no doubt as to whom arrived or left that area....

* Leaving no doubt as to the timings, of peoples statements....

* Leaving no doubt as to whether people entered or left 44, Canygne Road...

* Leaving no doubt as to when Greg arrived home....

* Leaving no doubt that CJ's car was on the road...

* Leaving no doubt that CJ's car was moved to the drive...

* Leaving no doubt as to the time Dr Vincent Tabak arrived home with Tanja

* Leaving no doubt to the quick response from the police

* Leaving no doubt showing the yeates banging on car boots

* Leaving no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak left  to go to Asda

* Leaving no doubt, that bins in the area were searched

* Leaving no doubt, that np other tenant left that building at that time

* Leaving no doubt as to the time The Yeates arrived

* leaving no doubt as to whether Greg went out searching the area for her

* Leaving no doubt as to whether Dr Vincent Tabak brought his car from the road

* Leaving no doubt, when he retuned home after disposing apparently of Joanna Yeates body..

* Leaving no doubt that Joanna Yeates didn't leave her flat after 8:45pm on Friday 17th December 2010

* Leaving no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak took photo's in the snow

* leaving no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak cycled home from work

* Leaving no doubt what time Dr Vincent Tabak arrived home from work

* Leaving no doubt as to the time Tanja Morson left for her party

* Leaving no doubt that CJ helped start Greg's car

* Leaving no doubt that Peter Stanley helped start Greg car

* Leaving no doubt what time Greg left for Sheffield

* Leaving no doubt as to the time Greg arrived home after work

* Leaving no doubt that Joanna Yeates didn't have visitors

The CCTV footage that should have supported Dr Vincent Tabak's claims on the stand, sadly missing from trial...

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2767 on: October 27, 2018, 09:54:50 AM »
I pointed out that DS Mark Saunders had told us of some CCTV footage that shows Canygne Road on that weekend and he talks of seeing cars and people Milling about....

He is not the only one who refers to this CCTV, footage... indirectly DCI Phil Jones also divulges this information..

On The Police Conference video dated 28th December 2010 DCI Phil Jones states at : 3:24

Therefore confirming (imo) that he too saw the CCTV that DS Mark Saunders has spoken of.... CCTV footage that should clearly indicate if Joanna yeates reached home... CCTV footage that should clearly indicate Dr Vincent Tabak's movements that evening...

* Leaving no doubt as to what happened on that weekend...

* Leaving no doubt as to whom arrived or left that area....

* Leaving no doubt as to the timings, of peoples statements....

* Leaving no doubt as to whether people entered or left 44, Canygne Road...

* Leaving no doubt as to when Greg arrived home....

* Leaving no doubt that CJ's car was on the road...

* Leaving no doubt that CJ's car was moved to the drive...

* Leaving no doubt as to the time Dr Vincent Tabak arrived home with Tanja

* Leaving no doubt to the quick response from the police

* Leaving no doubt showing the yeates banging on car boots

* Leaving no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak left  to go to Asda

* Leaving no doubt, that bins in the area were searched

* Leaving no doubt, that np other tenant left that building at that time

* Leaving no doubt as to the time The Yeates arrived

* leaving no doubt as to whether Greg went out searching the area for her

* Leaving no doubt as to whether Dr Vincent Tabak brought his car from the road

* Leaving no doubt, when he retuned home after disposing apparently of Joanna Yeates body..

* Leaving no doubt that Joanna Yeates didn't leave her flat after 8:45pm on Friday 17th December 2010

* Leaving no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak took photo's in the snow

* leaving no doubt that Dr Vincent Tabak cycled home from work

* Leaving no doubt what time Dr Vincent Tabak arrived home from work

* Leaving no doubt as to the time Tanja Morson left for her party

* Leaving no doubt that CJ helped start Greg's car

* Leaving no doubt that Peter Stanley helped start Greg car

* Leaving no doubt what time Greg left for Sheffield

* Leaving no doubt as to the time Greg arrived home after work

* Leaving no doubt that Joanna Yeates didn't have visitors

The CCTV footage that should have supported Dr Vincent Tabak's claims on the stand, sadly missing from trial...

The FACT is he pleaded guilty to manslaughter - on the stand - at his trial!

No matter how hard you try to make excuses for him Nine you cannot get away from the FACTS!

Offline [...]

« Reply #2768 on: October 27, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »
Documentary about Joanna Yeates and murderer Vincent Tabak airs tonight
By The Bristol Post  |  Posted: March 26, 2015

The parents of Joanna Yeates and her wrongly accused landlord Christopher Jefferies will all feature in a new documentary about her murder this evening.

Criminologist Professor David Wilson will also be talking about the murder in the programme called The Killer Next Door: The Last Hours of Joanna Yeates.

It will air on Channel 5 at 8pm as part of the Countdown to Murder series.

It is billed as a "forensic and chillingly accurate documentary" about both Joanna and her Dutch-born killer, Vincent Tabak, who lived in a neighbouring flat in Canynge Road in Clifton.

A spokesman for Channel 5 said: "In a murder mystery that gripped the nation, Joanna Yeates disappeared in the run-up to Christmas 2010.

"This documentary chronicles in detail the tragic events that led to her life tragically colliding with her killer.

"Her next door neighbour, Vincent Tabak, was a quiet Dutch engineer away on business. But Tabak harboured sinister fantasies and in the week before Christmas 2010 he used her cat as a way to make contact and then he murdered Jo in cold blood.

"With interviews with Joanna's parents David and Teresa Yeates, landlord Christopher Jefferies, criminologist Professor David Wilson and Ann Reddrop, the CPS prosecutor, this forensic and chillingly accurate documentary looks at the details of the last days leading up to Joanna's tragic death from the perspective of both murderer and victim."

Chillingly accurate....  This is 'The Countdown to Murder" program... where it depicts Joanna Yeates in her pink flower patterned top,... where it shows events that were not part of the trial.... so how can it be accurate??

https://web.archive.org/web/20150617163654/http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Documentary-Joanna-Yeates-murderer-Vincent-Tabak/story-26237304-detail/story.html

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Documentary-Joanna-Yeates-murderer-Vincent-Tabak/story-26237304-detail/story.html

Offline [...]

« Reply #2769 on: October 27, 2018, 09:57:58 AM »
The FACT is he pleaded guilty to manslaughter - on the stand - at his trial!

No matter how hard you try to make excuses for him Nine you cannot get away from the FACTS!

I am not getting away from the facts... I am clearly pointing them out!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2770 on: October 27, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
Documentary about Joanna Yeates and murderer Vincent Tabak airs tonight
By The Bristol Post  |  Posted: March 26, 2015

Chillingly accurate....  This is 'The Countdown to Murder" program... where it depicts Joanna Yeates in her pink flower patterned top,... where it shows events that were not part of the trial.... so how can it be accurate??

https://web.archive.org/web/20150617163654/http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Documentary-Joanna-Yeates-murderer-Vincent-Tabak/story-26237304-detail/story.html

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Documentary-Joanna-Yeates-murderer-Vincent-Tabak/story-26237304-detail/story.html

It's a TV programme Nine. You'll have to take up your complaints with the producers and ask them why they chose to describe it as chillingly accurate.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2771 on: October 27, 2018, 10:19:13 AM »
I am not getting away from the facts... I am clearly pointing them out!

Your numerpus posts remind me of a statement made by former prosecutor Richard Binstead when referring to the Gordon Park case.

"The Shocking Truth About British Justice,' which singles out case in question and seeks to depict it as an example of flawed police investigation, a totally misconceived decision to prosecute it, and finally a wrongful decision by the jury to convict the accused.

“As I had been involved in the case as a prosecutor and was very familiar with the evidence on which the case was based, I strongly felt that I should redress the balance.”

Mr Binstead's book is fiercely critical of Dr Lean's book.

He states: “Whatever merits Sandra Lean's book and her appraisal of the evidence in the Park case may have, they are, to my mind, completely eclipsed by her entrenched and overwhelming antagonism towards and her disdain for the way that the organs of the criminal justice system operate and conduct their affairs
.”
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/16759455.former-prosecutor-publishes-book-backing-lady-in-the-lake-murder-conviction/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:22:10 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2772 on: October 27, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »

I'm flogging a dead horse!

Tabaks confession appears to be the elephant in the room.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:27:33 AM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2773 on: October 27, 2018, 11:24:58 AM »
That statement has just made something dawn on me.......

I was trying to establish whether or not Clegg had received the files that Paul Cook and Micheal Fitton QC, had when they represented Dr Vincent Tabak....

I had always assumed that Clegg cannot have had these files..... That there must have been more statements between his first counsel.... I had even thought his first counsel had questioned Tanja Morson and CJ... It seemed a likely scenario...

So if Dr Carey is independent of anything Paul Cook and Micheal Fitton QC had started... Then how and when did Dr Carey examine Joanna yeates??

They allowed Joanna Yeates to be buried.... When and how could Dr Carey do anything??

What did he do... witness a report on how she died??

And if Clegg didn't have these files.... How comes he used Dr Carey as The defence witness??

Also... If the original counsel, did not transfer the documentation they had.... Then why did Clegg use Dr Carey??

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8060.msg498485#msg498485

Offline [...]

« Reply #2774 on: October 27, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »
Your numerpus posts remind me of a statement made by former prosecutor Richard Binstead when referring to the Gordon Park case.

"The Shocking Truth About British Justice,' which singles out case in question and seeks to depict it as an example of flawed police investigation, a totally misconceived decision to prosecute it, and finally a wrongful decision by the jury to convict the accused.

“As I had been involved in the case as a prosecutor and was very familiar with the evidence on which the case was based, I strongly felt that I should redress the balance.”

Mr Binstead's book is fiercely critical of Dr Lean's book.

He states: “Whatever merits Sandra Lean's book and her appraisal of the evidence in the Park case may have, they are, to my mind, completely eclipsed by her entrenched and overwhelming antagonism towards and her disdain for the way that the organs of the criminal justice system operate and conduct their affairs
.”
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/16759455.former-prosecutor-publishes-book-backing-lady-in-the-lake-murder-conviction/

Commission refers the murder conviction of Gordon Park to the Court of Appeal
26th October 2018
The Criminal Cases Review Commission has referred Gordon Park’s murder conviction to the Court of Appeal.

Gordon Park was convicted in January 2005 at Manchester Crown Court for the murder of his wife, Carol Park, 29 years after she went missing in the summer of 1976.  He was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Carol Park’s body was found by amateur divers in Coniston Water, Cumbria, in 1997 and the case became known as the Lady in the Lake murder. (See below for a detailed chronology of the case).

Mr Park appealed against his conviction but the appeal was dismissed in November 2008. Little over a year later, on 25 January 2010, he committed suicide in his cell at HMP Garth in Lancashire. In November 2010 members of Mr Park’s family applied on his behalf to the CCRC.

Following an exhaustive investigation, the CCRC has decided to refer Mr Park’s murder conviction for a fresh hearing at the Court of Appeal.

The Commission is referring the case because it considers there is a real possibility that the Court will quash the conviction in light of new evidence. In the Commission’s view that real possibility arises from the cumulative effect of a number of matters including:

the non-disclosure of expert opinion undermining the consistent implication by the prosecution that Gordon Park’s climbing axe, Exhibit 1 at trial, could be the murder weapon.

the non-disclosure of information undermining the reliability of a prosecution witness who gave evidence of a prison confession.

new scientific evidence showing that Gordon Park was not a contributor to DNA preserved within knots of the rope used to bind Carol Park’s body.

renewed relevance of expert evidence, presented for the appellant at the first appeal, that a rock found in the lake near Mrs Park’s remains could not specifically be linked to rocks at Bluestones (the Parks’ home).

The Commission’s painstaking and detailed review has considered numerous issues and lines of enquiry and involved several visits to Cumbria, interviews with multiple witnesses old and new, the use of cutting edge DNA testing and the investigation of multiple potential alternative suspects.

During the review we have used our section 17[1] powers dozens of times to obtain material from the Forensic Archive, seven individual police forces, the courts, the Crown Prosecution Service, prison authorities, the Probation Service, and a number of other government agencies and public bodies.

Chronology of the case

Carol Park went missing in the summer of 1976 having been last seen in mid-July.

In August 1997 human remains were found by amateur scuba divers in Coniston Water, Cumbria. The remains were found at a depth of 24 metres, about 200 metres from eastern shore of the lake; they were tightly wrapped in bags and bound with knotted ropes. The body was later confirmed as that of Carol Park.

Gordon Park was arrested following the discovery of the body and was charged with Carol Park’s murder. The prosecution was discontinued in January 1998 on the basis that there was no realistic prospect of a conviction on the evidence then available.

New evidence came to light following the broadcast in September 2000 of a TV documentary called ‘A Very British Murder[2].

Mr Park was arrested on 13 January 2004 and again charged with murdering Carol Park “on or about” Saturday 17 July 1976.

Media coverage of his arrest generated new information which was used in the case against Mr Park.

His trial at Manchester Crown Court began on 25 November 2004 and the jury heard evidence over 27 days. At 3.45pm on Friday 28 January 2005, after deliberating for nine hours and twenty-seven minutes, the jury, by a unanimous verdict, found Gordon Park ‘guilty’ of Carol Park’s murder.

He was sentenced to life imprisonment with a recommended minimum prison term of 15 years.

Gordon Park’s appeal against conviction was dismissed at the Court of Appeal in November 2008.

On 25 January 2010, on his sixty-sixth birthday, Gordon Park took his own life in his cell at HMP Garth in Lancashire.

Members of Mr Park’s family, aided by his legal representatives, applied to the Commission for a posthumous review of his conviction on November 2010.

Mr Park’s family were represented in their application to the CCRC by Mr Maslen Merchant of Hadgkiss, Hughes & Beale Solicitors.

This press release was issued by Justin Hawkins, Head of Communication, Criminal Cases Review Commission, on 07947 355231 or e-mail press@ccrc.gov.uk

Notes for editors

The Commission is an independent body set up under the Criminal Appeal Act 1995. It is responsible for independently reviewing suspected and alleged miscarriages of criminal justice in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It is based in Birmingham and is funded by the Ministry of Justice.

There are currently 11 Commissioners who bring to the Commission considerable experience from a wide variety of backgrounds. Commissioners are appointed by the Queen on the recommendation of the Prime Minister in accordance with the Office for the Commissioner for Public Appointments’ Code of Practice.

The Commission usually receives around 1,500 applications for reviews (convictions and/or sentences) each year.  Typically, around 3.5%, or one in 29, of all applications are referred to the appeal courts.

The Commission considers whether, as a result of new evidence or argument, there is a real possibility that the conviction would not be upheld were a reference to be made.  New evidence or argument is argument or evidence which has not been raised during the trial or on appeal.  Applicants should usually have appealed first. A case can be referred in the absence of new evidence or argument or an earlier appeal only if there are “exceptional circumstances”.

If a case is referred, it is then for the appeal court to decide whether the conviction is unsafe or the sentence unfair.

More details about the role and work of the Criminal Cases Review Commission can be found at ccrc.gov.uk The Commission can be found on Twitter using @ccrcupdate and on Facebook at

[1] Section 17 of the Criminal Appeal Act 1995 give the CCRC to obtain material from any public body.

[2] Broadcast on  Channel 4 on Tuesday 12 September 2000.

https://ccrc.gov.uk/commission-refers-the-murder-conviction-of-gordon-park/