Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284220 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1725 on: May 03, 2019, 08:16:20 AM »
Overheard in the gym yesterday:

“Have you voted?”

“I certainly have”

“Who got your vote”

“The Lib Dems.  I usually vote Labour but I’m sick of them, can’t stand Corbyn and I’m disgusted that they support remain..  I wish they’d just get on with it and LEAVE!!!”

Everyone in the room (six people) all agree unanimously with this rationale.

LOL.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline TaylorFol

« Reply #1726 on: May 08, 2019, 11:04:34 AM »
Overheard in the gym yesterday:

“Have you voted?”

“I certainly have”

“Who got your vote”

“The Lib Dems.  I literally love these mini excavators and usually vote Labour but I’m sick of them, can’t stand Corbyn and I’m disgusted that they support remain..  I wish they’d just get on with it and LEAVE!!!”

Everyone in the room (six people) all agree unanimously with this rationale.

LOL.

This just shows that people are creatures of habit. They even develop habits when it comes to voting and continue to vote for people they don't agree with just because that's the party they usually vote for. haha
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 08:46:00 PM by TaylorFol »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1727 on: May 08, 2019, 02:00:37 PM »
This just shows that people are creatures of habit. They even develop habits when it comes to voting and continue to vote for people they don't agree with just because that's the party they usually vote for. haha

Quite likely, sadly.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1728 on: May 08, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »
It shows quite the opposite actually.  It shows Labour leave voters so pissed off with their party for their bewildering stance on Brexit that they’d rather vote Lib Dem (despite their pro European stance), just to stick it to Labour.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1729 on: May 12, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »
An interesting interview with Farage by Andrew Marr. Farrage is a force to be reckomed with again because his Brexit Party are likely to win the most seats in the European elections.

Farrage wanted to discuss the breakdown of democracy in the UK, which is what the people are discussing according to him. He put it as simply as I see it; Promises were made. votes were cast, and the promises were broken. The political class betrayed the people.

Marr wanted to accuse Farrage of changing his mind about certain things and stuck to asking his qyestions which were intended to show Farrage's inconsistences.

Farrage says it's a crisis of denocracy which the UK is facing and that the two main parties and the BBC are all in denial about that fact. I agree with him. In my opinion he's put his finger on the issue and those ognoring him will do so at their own expense.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:03:02 AM by G-Unit »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1730 on: May 12, 2019, 01:51:19 PM »
An interesting interview with Farage by Andrew Marr. Farrage is a force to be reckomed with again because his Brexit Party are likely to win the most seats in the European elections.

Farrage wanted to discuss the breakdown of democracy in the UK, which is what the people are discussing according to him. He put it as simply as I see it; Promises were made. votes were cast, and the promises were broken. The political class betrayed the people.

Marr wanted to accuse Farrage of changing his mind about certain things and stuck to asking his qyestions which were intended to show Farrage's inconsistences.

Farrage says it's a crisis of denocracy which the UK is facing and that the two main parties and the BBC are all in denial about that fact. I agree with him. In my opinion he's put his finger on the issue and those ognoring him will do so at their own expense.
Will you vote for the Brexit Party in the forthcoming EU elections then?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1731 on: May 12, 2019, 05:53:46 PM »

What exactly does he propose?

He's already said that "Brexit isn't going to solve any of our domestic problems"...
https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/878219696927002625

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1732 on: May 12, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »
What exactly does he propose?

He's already said that "Brexit isn't going to solve any of our domestic problems"...
https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/878219696927002625
I was just enjoying a quiet snooze in the sunshine when the noise of a light aircraft woke me up.  I looked skyward to see. small plane pulling a “Vote Brexit Party” banner.  Bloody Nigel, can’t even escape him in the privacy of my own garden!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1733 on: May 13, 2019, 08:24:19 AM »
I've watched many politicians being interviewed and none of them can deny that they have failed to implement  Brexit. They have a multitude of ezcuses but that doesn't change the fact that they have ignored the people's vote. That vote only happened because of Farrage and he's only back because the politicians seem unable tp understand the damage they've done to democracy. Farrage's aim this time is to change our democracy by ending the two party system. I would advise politicians not to underestimate him.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1734 on: May 13, 2019, 09:42:49 PM »
I've watched many politicians being interviewed and none of them can deny that they have failed to implement  Brexit. They have a multitude of ezcuses but that doesn't change the fact that they have ignored the people's vote. That vote only happened because of Farrage and he's only back because the politicians seem unable tp understand the damage they've done to democracy. Farrage's aim this time is to change our democracy by ending the two party system. I would advise politicians not to underestimate him.
So you keep saying.Considering how jolly important you think he is perhaps you could learn to spell his name right?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1735 on: May 13, 2019, 09:44:54 PM »
I'm voting UKIP as I believe in freedom to joke about rape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7AmUV2wGIY
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline misty

« Reply #1736 on: May 13, 2019, 09:57:07 PM »
Is anyone able to explain to me why the Brexit Party considers it necessary to field candidates in the forthcoming MEP elections?

Offline John

« Reply #1737 on: May 13, 2019, 10:00:19 PM »
Is anyone able to explain to me why the Brexit Party considers it necessary to field candidates in the forthcoming MEP elections?

Farage wants to embarrassing the UK government by sending Brexit MEPs to the EU.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1738 on: May 13, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »

Offline misty

« Reply #1739 on: May 13, 2019, 10:16:31 PM »
Farage wants to embarrassing the UK government by sending Brexit MEPs to the EU.

Nothing to do with wanting additional salary & pension for himself but blow anyone who doesn't qualify if we leave by October?