Welcome to the UK Justice Forum > Admin introduction, forum rules, colours and requests for documents and photos.

Moderation queries.

(1/85) > >>

John:
All queries relating to moderation should be posted on this thread.

Erngath:

--- Quote from: John on August 15, 2017, 12:42:22 AM ---All queries relating to moderation should be posted on this thread.

--- End quote ---

It would be good if posters were informed of the reason the reason their post is removed.
Thank you.

John:

--- Quote from: Erngath on August 15, 2017, 12:48:40 AM ---

It would be good if posters were informed of the reason the reason their post is removed.
Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Hi Erngath

We have had this raised numerous times and the answer from moderators is always that it would create far too much work if every deletion had to be explained.  That said however, I have no problem with posters asking why their post was removed and being entitled to an answer.

The most common reason why innocuous posts are removed is generally because they quoted an already deleted post or were off topic.  I believe your reply to davel earlier today was removed as it was off topic.  Members can ask an admin to intervene at any time if they consider that a post has been removed contrary to the forum rules.

ShiningInLuz:
Deleted.

Robittybob1:
Is it acceptable that a post when shown to be inaccurate is then claimed to be irony. 

The words of the post are obviously wrong in other words "inaccurate".  There is a rule about posts NOT being "inaccurate":
"Forum Rules
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law."

I think when irony is being used to make a point the forum needs to be made aware that irony is being used.  This could be an explanatory note at the end of the ironic post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version