Welcome to the UK Justice Forum > Admin introduction, forum rules, colours and requests for documents and photos.

Moderation queries.

<< < (2/85) > >>

G-Unit:
Moderation on the McCann board seems to be an ongoing bone of contention, No-one seems to feel that it's working. There are constant complaints about deletions from old and new members. Members seem to feel that posts are deleted because of bias on the part of the moderator rather than because the post broke forum rules.

I understand that the forum is essentially a dictatorship; the choices being to accept the status quo or leave.  I thought it might be useful for members to express their opinions and suggest any possible solutions here, rather than having periodic arguments in public.

Eleanor:

--- Quote from: G-Unit on May 28, 2019, 08:20:51 AM ---Moderation on the McCann board seems to be an ongoing bone of contention, No-one seems to feel that it's working. There are constant complaints about deletions from old and new members. Members seem to feel that posts are deleted because of bias on the part of the moderator rather than because the post broke forum rules.

I understand that the forum is essentially a dictatorship; the choices being to accept the status quo or leave.  I thought it might be useful for members to express their opinions and suggest any possible solutions here, rather than having periodic arguments in public.

--- End quote ---

The Members who feel that their comments are deleted due to Bias are wrong, especially since they don't know who deleted what.  But a large number of comments are deleted due to Reply to Deleted Post.
If Members did not reply to Insulting or Goading Posts then the number of Deletions would diminish.

barrier:
The trouble with a thread such as this can a mod answer objectively rather than take it personally.

APRIL:

--- Quote from: Eleanor on May 28, 2019, 09:03:28 AM ---The Members who feel that their comments are deleted due to Bias are wrong, especially since they don't know who deleted what.  But a large number of comments are deleted due to Reply to Deleted Post.
If Members did not reply to Insulting or Goading Posts then the number of Deletions would diminish.

--- End quote ---

How amusing! It sounded as if you're saying that it's perfectly permissible for Members to post insults and/or goads, but those who respond to such create unnecessary work for moderators. I had to read it twice to see that my initial thought was incorrect.

barrier:

--- Quote from: G-Unit on May 28, 2019, 08:20:51 AM ---Moderation on the McCann board seems to be an ongoing bone of contention, No-one seems to feel that it's working. There are constant complaints about deletions from old and new members. Members seem to feel that posts are deleted because of bias on the part of the moderator rather than because the post broke forum rules.

--- End quote ---
I think all chat forums are like that G,not just McCann associated ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version