Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92465 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2019, 09:41:31 PM »
You're fond of accusing others, aren't you? I don't know whether VS is able to judge his/her own posts or not.

I'm fond of accusing others of what?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:49 PM »
Don't you know when you're being snide?
Did I say that?  No.  I said I didn’t know whichpost so offended the mods, especially as none seemed to have been doctored or removed. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2019, 10:06:18 PM »
To be fair I would say a reasonable percentage of my posts are snide, but I’m certainly not the only one guilty of such disgusting behaviour..  There are others far more masterful in the art of snidery than me, mostly on the sceptic side IMO.. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »
Davel has just posted on another thread that John has told him that he is being unfairly moderated. I wonder if John could respond to this accusation?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2019, 09:21:49 PM »
I got 10% watning for being “patronising “.  Can we please see this patronising post so that it can be understood which part of it contravened forum rules?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2019, 02:35:48 AM »
I'd like to thank Eleanor for being willing to take part in this discussion. Moderating is a difficult job which I personally wouldn't touch with a bargepole. It seems to me that moderators end up between the devil and the deep blue sea. It must be annoying to delete a post and then see it reinstated.  It also encourages members to think moderators arem't doing their job properly, so it leads to more challenges and arguments.

On the other hand I'm sure I'm not the only member who has posted a carefully worded post or two and then discovered them gone because I was involved in a discussion triggered by a post which moderators have decided, with hindsight, needs deleting.

Members can't be expected to read back before posting to ensure that previous posts are within the rules; that's not their responsibilty. I think speed of reaction by moderators is the problem here. If moderators dealt with unacceptable posts immediately then no-one would br able to reply to them.
Do you think we've got nothing else to do?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2019, 02:41:20 AM »
I've seen Rob struggling to decide what is and isn't acceptable too. It seems moderators aren't completely sure of the rules they're enforcing.
People keep inventing ways which appear to be designed to insult.  Do they fall within the rules?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2019, 07:24:31 PM »
Vertigo Swirl,

You have received a warning for posting content which may constitute defamation or libel. Please refrain from posting such material as this infringes your registration undertaking.

Regards,
The UK Justice Forum Team.

WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME FGS???

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2019, 05:18:38 PM »
Vertigo Swirl,

You have received a warning for posting content which may constitute defamation or libel. Please refrain from posting such material as this infringes your registration undertaking.

Regards,
The UK Justice Forum Team.

WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME FGS???

I've had a lot of penalty points, and been banned... Every time by my own choice.
However I've found when I stopped replying and challenging goading posts from moderators things have gone a lot smoother...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 07:42:42 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2019, 07:52:53 AM »
I've had a lot of penalty points, and been banned... Every time by my own choice.
However I've found when I stopped replying and challenging goading posts from moderators things have gone a lot smoother...
And a lot quieter which obviously suits the mods as now they have virtually no new posts to moderate.  It’s Dullsville Arizona here, unless you get your kicks from discussing door mechanisms. 

Offline Admin

« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2019, 11:12:21 PM »

Telling a mod to stick it up their arse isn't a smart response in anyone's book.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2019, 07:58:26 AM »
Telling a mod to stick it up their arse isn't a smart response in anyone's book.

thats your opinion....posting opinion as fact is against forum rules. This matter is settled...why you want to open it again and cause more friction on the forum isnt very smart...imo

this was avery successful and vibrant forum...its been decimated by poor moderation..imo...thats not very smart..imo
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 08:02:45 AM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2019, 08:03:33 AM »
Maybe not, but perhaps you could tell me why there is a mod on here who is allowed to post opinion as fact time and time again and refuses to moderate his own posts?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2019, 08:04:25 AM »
BTW I saw the post in question.  It didn’t say what you wrote above. 

Offline barrier

« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2019, 08:37:41 AM »

• In the second instance ... I am very obviously not the arbitrator of what can and cannot be posted on the forum ... that is for members to decide for themselves

A mod is an arbitrator,ergo post's are deleted by mods,what is the point of a mod if not an arbitrator.
    This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.