Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 214159 times)

Offline justsaying

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #975 on: November 24, 2018, 04:39:59 PM »
I think you need to do a bit of research justsaying before making such comments.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12401674.Quick-tempered_mother_who_always_stood_by_her_son/

With all due respect Angelo, if I was going to research I certainly would not be researching through newspaper articles.

jixy

« Reply #976 on: November 24, 2018, 04:41:25 PM »
It's a newspaper report------is it really "research"???

no mrswah is clearly isnt. Some people mistake a quick google for research so no wonder important points make NO sense

jixy

« Reply #977 on: November 24, 2018, 06:49:27 PM »
Now you are just making excuses for him.  As I posted earlier, people should not make silly comments without knowing the facts.  Mitchell had lots of cash, a set of scales and plastic bags in his bedroom which he used to flog his dope. It was well know that he was peddling cannabis.

Not accurate though is it?

Luke had "ornamental" scales in his room and small plastic pouches with cannabis motifs on them - both were easily (and legally) available from a shop in Edinburgh that sold all sorts of trinkets and gizmos - definitely not the sort of scales that could be used for resin - they weren't even properly balanced!!!!

Offline Brandy

« Reply #978 on: November 24, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »
We should start a "naughty room" thread, a bit like the "naughty step". They can all go in there and annoy one another, bicker over a topic one of us adults could give them once a week. We could then concentrate on discussing this case.

jixy

« Reply #979 on: November 24, 2018, 07:21:27 PM »
We should start a "naughty room" thread, a bit like the "naughty step". They can all go in there and annoy one another, bicker over a topic one of us adults could give them once a week. We could then concentrate on discussing this case.

An offer was made to discuss such things, it was declined but good idea. Im only interested in talking about Luke's case and it goes well for a while and then disruption happens

Offline John

« Reply #980 on: November 24, 2018, 08:10:43 PM »
Not accurate though is it?

Luke had "ornamental" scales in his room and small plastic pouches with cannabis motifs on them - both were easily (and legally) available from a shop in Edinburgh that sold all sorts of trinkets and gizmos - definitely not the sort of scales that could be used for resin - they weren't even properly balanced!!!!

Possession was legal, it was the use he put them to was the illegal bit.  Irrespective though, serious questions must be asked about any household who permits a 14-year-old lad to dabble in cannabis to the extent Luke Mitchell was allowed.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #981 on: November 24, 2018, 08:32:03 PM »
Possession was legal, it was the use he put them to was the illegal bit.  Irrespective though, serious questions must be asked about any household who permits a 14-year-old lad to dabble in cannabis to the extent Luke Mitchell was allowed.

John you would be surprised about what teenagers get away with these days. I have come across numerous teens who are allowed to smoke cannabis - I am not saying I agree, but it is not unheard of.

Offline John

« Reply #982 on: November 25, 2018, 01:01:59 PM »
John you would be surprised about what teenagers get away with these days. I have come across numerous teens who are allowed to smoke cannabis - I am not saying I agree, but it is not unheard of.

Not surprised at all having had three teenage sons at one time but allowing them to bring it into the family home must have been a relatively rare occurrence even back in 2003.  By all accounts at the time Corinne Mitchell had allegedly lost control of her son after her marriage ended leaving him to get away with just about anything.

An interesting point I saw yesterday on another site. It was claimed that the reason the family dog Mia showed so much interest at the wall where Jodi was found was because of the scent Luke left behind on his first visit to that location earlier that day.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:09:09 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #983 on: November 25, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »
Not surprised at all having had three teenage sons at one time but allowing them to bring it into the family home must have been a relatively rare occurrence even back in 2003.  By all accounts at the time Corinne Mitchell had allegedly lost control of her son after her marriage ended leaving him to get away with just about anything.

An interesting point I saw yesterday on another site. It was claimed that the reason the family dog Mia showed so much interest at the wall where Jodi was found was because of the scent Luke left behind on his first visit to that location earlier that day.

The Courts did not seem to agree with that if the judgment is anything to go by.

I do not agree with the theory regarding the dog - when police put their dogs into tracking mode they do not run around in circles tracking their handler. Luke had just walked up the path with the dog, his scent would have been everywhere not just at the V.

Offline John

« Reply #984 on: November 26, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »
The Courts did not seem to agree with that if the judgment is anything to go by.

I do not agree with the theory regarding the dog - when police put their dogs into tracking mode they do not run around in circles tracking their handler. Luke had just walked up the path with the dog, his scent would have been everywhere not just at the V.

Mia wasn't a tracker dog though, she was a family pet.

Offline justsaying

« Reply #985 on: November 26, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
Mia wasn't a tracker dog though, she was a family pet.

The information available says she was a tracker dog in training as well as a family pet.

Offline Brandy

« Reply #986 on: November 28, 2018, 06:48:08 PM »
The dog was being trained as  a tracker.

Ornamental scales are precisely that "ornamental" and would not be able to weigh anything.

I read another chapter of Innocents Betrayed by Sandra. The attention to deatil is impressive, you can imagine yourself being there. As this is her second book, I can see Sandra possibly producing a third  on a different case which will then establish her as a credible authority on miscarriages.

It will also be very interesting to read the revised first book "No smoke" when it is published.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:32:43 AM by Brandy »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #987 on: November 30, 2018, 07:57:28 PM »
I recall reading comments in various media by S Lean and others some time ago claiming that the latest application to the SCCRC was a deal breaker and would see Mitchell walk free.  I also recall her and Mrs Mitchell going personally to the SCCRC office in Glasgow with the document before handing it over.

Reading between the lines it would now seem that this was nothing more than a Easthouses version of 'who dun it' and contained virtually nothing new as far as exculpatory evidence was concerned.

What happened?  Did they think the SCCRC and the judiciary would roll over and admit they made a terrible mistake??
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:02:58 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brandy

« Reply #988 on: November 30, 2018, 08:49:49 PM »
I think Sandra would have known that she was up against a corrupt bureaucratic criminal justice system.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #989 on: December 01, 2018, 04:07:40 PM »
I think Sandra would have known that she was up against a corrupt bureaucratic criminal justice system.

@)(++(*   8((()*/    I don't disagree
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!