Author Topic: Should we introduce a 'Post of the Day' or 'Post of the Week'?  (Read 29824 times)

Alfie

Re: Should we introduce a 'Post of the Day' or 'Post of the Week'?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 07:08:53 PM »
Who would decide which post to award this accolade to on a daily basis?  Some of the best posts on this forum might not necessarily stand on their own so if tweeted out of context to your 20,000 followers their undoubted brilliance might be a complete mystery to most people. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:44:38 PM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 03:48:25 PM »
Who would decide which post to award this accolade to on a daily basis?  Some of the best posts on this forum might not necessarily stand on their own so if tweeted out of context to your 20,000 followers their undoubted brilliance might be a complete mystery to most people.
I'm not on Twitter, so I don't know the answer to the following question.  Is it not the case that people following this forum on Twitter are likely to have an interest in some or all of the subject matter on here?
What's up, old man?

Alfie

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 08:46:22 PM »
I'm not on Twitter, so I don't know the answer to the following question.  Is it not the case that people following this forum on Twitter are likely to have an interest in some or all of the subject matter on here?
A tweet can only be 140 characters long so for the post to appear on twitter it would have to be a short one.  It would also have to be a standalone post that could be understood without the need for following the previous conversation.  Or you could tweet a link to the post on twitter but it wouldn't necessarily be clear which post on the thread was post of the day.  But - whatever.  I'd personally prefer none of my posts to be tweeted without my permission, not that I suppose any of my posts would be considered suitable. @)(++(*

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 09:24:29 PM »
A tweet can only be 140 characters long so for the post to appear on twitter it would have to be a short one.  It would also have to be a standalone post that could be understood without the need for following the previous conversation.  Or you could tweet a link to the post on twitter but it wouldn't necessarily be clear which post on the thread was post of the day.  But - whatever.  I'd personally prefer none of my posts to be tweeted without my permission, not that I suppose any of my posts would be considered suitable. @)(++(*

We can tweet any size message so the 140 character limit is not a problem.  The selected post would need to be a stand alone one but then most of the best posts are just that.  A link to the actual post would be included in the tweet by default whereby the reader could check out the relevance if interested.  As far as opting out is concerned that would be taken into account, every member has this choice.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »

That in itself would have to be decided.  Very possibly we could set aside a thread on the forum for posts of the day/week nominations.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.