Author Topic: Who would trust Bojo or Trump  (Read 79042 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Who would trust Bojo or Trump
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 09:10:03 AM »
The Washington Post spells out the danger of a Trump presidency in no uncertain terms.

No doubt there are those who think the media is being terribly biased against Donald Trump, and that he's being unfairly demonised, and is in reality a man of great integrity and a desire to lead the US with a new kind of "conviction politics"....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

No, not at all Alfie.

I trust wholeheartedly in this staunchly pro democrat newspapers impartiality concerning any republican nominee.....

.....dick.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2016, 09:23:54 AM »
Deleted

I don't support Corbyn, never voted labour in my life. But, he's pissed a lot of people off, mostly labour politicians.

What's not to like about that?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:47:20 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »

stephen25000

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 09:58:10 AM »
I don't support Corbyn, never voted labour in my life. But, he's pissed a lot of people off, mostly labour politicians.

What's not to like about that?

So you're saying Corbyn is not really a Labour politician ?  ?{)(**

Offline Carana

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 10:18:06 AM »
No, not at all Alfie.

I trust wholeheartedly in this staunchly pro democrat newspapers impartiality concerning any republican nominee.....

.....dick.

I'd agree that it is generally wise to bear in mind the political bias of any media outlet, on the other hand, even many of the Republican party seem to find Trump a walking disaster.

From what I've read / watched, Boris's appointment was met with reactions ranging from sheer disbelief to mirth, although one or two articles appear to now give him a bit of leeway for attempting to be a bit more serious. Even then, as one journalist said, he's only ever one interview away from a gaffe, although perhaps he IS trying to pull his socks up... time will tell.

Personally, I find Trump to be far more dangerous.

Alfie

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
I'd agree that it is generally wise to bear in mind the political bias of any media outlet, on the other hand, even many of the Republican party seem to find Trump a walking disaster.

From what I've read / watched, Boris's appointment was met with reactions ranging from sheer disbelief to mirth, although one or two articles appear to now give him a bit of leeway for attempting to be a bit more serious. Even then, as one journalist said, he's only ever one interview away from a gaffe, although perhaps he IS trying to pull his socks up... time will tell.

Personally, I find Trump to be far more dangerous.
As the Washington Post editorial I linked to said:
"In an ordinary election year, we would acknowledge the Republican nominee, move on to the Democratic convention and spend the following months, like other voters, evaluating the candidates’ performance in debates, on the stump and in position papers. This year we will follow the campaign as always, offering honest views on all the candidates. But we cannot salute the Republican nominee or pretend that we might endorse him this fall. A Trump presidency would be dangerous for the nation and the world."

Perhaps a Trump fan on here would like to spell out why people are mistaken in their belief that Trump is a danger for the US and the world?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 12:25:59 PM »
As the Washington Post editorial I linked to said:
"In an ordinary election year, we would acknowledge the Republican nominee, move on to the Democratic convention and spend the following months, like other voters, evaluating the candidates’ performance in debates, on the stump and in position papers. This year we will follow the campaign as always, offering honest views on all the candidates. But we cannot salute the Republican nominee or pretend that we might endorse him this fall. A Trump presidency would be dangerous for the nation and the world."

Perhaps a Trump fan on here would like to spell out why people are mistaken in their belief that Trump is a danger for the US and the world?

Disliking Hillary Clinton her ethos and politics does not make one a Trump fan...... except possibly in your mind  &%+((£
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:48:51 PM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
Disliking Hillary Clinton her ethos and politics does not make one a Trump fan...... except possibly in your mind  &%+((£

I don't agree with your assessment of Alfie's views.... however, the race has has now boiled down to Clinton v Trump.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:49:41 PM by John »

Alfie

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 02:22:28 PM »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 02:22:55 PM »
Under Obama the U.S national debt has doubled. (he's blown as much as all 43 previous presidents combined)

Unemployment has risen.

Illegal immigration has risen.

He has broken the constition on numerous occaisions (about 70 times), notably attacking Libya without congress approval.

And, in Syria, he funds IS affiliated  'moderates'.

Just for starters......there's more.

Hillary offers more of the same.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »

Perhaps you could explain what danger he poses.

He can't do any worse than Obama has or Hillary will.

Offline Carana

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 02:25:58 PM »
None of the candidates for the top dog position of a major world power appear to free of blemishes.

OK.

On the other hand... who would make you most take refuge in the toilet knowing that one or the other had the capacity to unleash a new world war at the flick of a button (real or initially PR)?

Offline Carana

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 02:28:44 PM »
Under Obama the U.S national debt has doubled. (he's blown as much as all 43 previous presidents combined)

Unemployment has risen.

Illegal immigration has risen.

He has broken the constition on numerous occaisions (about 70 times), notably attacking Libya without congress approval.

And, in Syria, he funds IS affiliated  'moderates'.

Just for starters......there's more.

Hillary offers more of the same.

I'd be interested in links to fact-checking sites on this. Some of it may be true, and some may be hyperbole...

Alfie

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 02:31:23 PM »
Perhaps you could explain what danger he poses.

He can't do any worse than Obama has or Hillary will.
Sure, once you've answered the question I posed first.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »
Sure, once you've answered the question I posed first.

Ok.

What 'people' exactly?  Leftist libtards & the leftist libtard media?

There in lies the answer.