Author Topic: New South Wales toddler William Tyrrell, 3, still missing  (Read 118612 times)

Offline Anna

Re: New South Wales toddler William Tyrrell, 3, still missing
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2015, 10:11:52 PM »
From the media reports, it appears Hillsby was in prison at the time the injuries to one of the girls was noted - and, the injuries were real & recorded
I presume some form of searching for young William is still ongoing, but like with Madeleine, I think modern technology will provide the breaks the police need.

Lets hope so, Misty.
Its a pity there was no witnesses, footprints, tyre marks or anything else to go on. And no DNA or hairs in his car or home.

I wonder why he had a spiderman toy in his car? If he was guilty of William's abduction and done such a good job of hiding evidence, surely that wouldn't be left there.

It doesn't make sense, that he could have done anything to William, but I could be proved wrong.

Paedophiles usually repeat offend, but nothing for nearly 30 years? that's if he was the one who raped these very small girls.
A really wicked thing to have happened to them and I should imagine that it still lives with them.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline misty

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2015, 03:15:12 AM »
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/bill-spedding-back-home-after-release-on-bail-for-historic-child-sex-offences/story-fni0cx12-1227407115538
LIA HARRIS THE DAILY TELEGRAPH JUNE 20, 2015 11:48A

BILL Spedding, a person of interest in the William Tyrrell abduction case, has arrived back in his hometown today after being released on bail for historic child sex offences.

Spending is accused of sexually assaulting two young girls in 1987 and has been in custody since April before being granted bail in the Supreme Court yesterday.

He was released from Cessnock prison last night and reported to police in Port Macquarie about 8.15am today as part of his strict bail conditions.

He was then seen stopping off at the Bonny Hills general store before retreating to a relative’s house in Lakewood, near Laurieton.

He has not yet returned to his Bonny Hills home where he lives with wife Maragret.

The historic charges are not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell, but police have previously named Spedding as a person of interest in the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe they've granted bail!

Offline Anna

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2015, 12:23:04 AM »
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/bill-spedding-back-home-after-release-on-bail-for-historic-child-sex-offences/story-fni0cx12-1227407115538
LIA HARRIS THE DAILY TELEGRAPH JUNE 20, 2015 11:48A

BILL Spedding, a person of interest in the William Tyrrell abduction case, has arrived back in his hometown today after being released on bail for historic child sex offences.

Spending is accused of sexually assaulting two young girls in 1987 and has been in custody since April before being granted bail in the Supreme Court yesterday.

He was released from Cessnock prison last night and reported to police in Port Macquarie about 8.15am today as part of his strict bail conditions.

He was then seen stopping off at the Bonny Hills general store before retreating to a relative’s house in Lakewood, near Laurieton.

He has not yet returned to his Bonny Hills home where he lives with wife Maragret.

The historic charges are not related to the disappearance of William Tyrrell, but police have previously named Spedding as a person of interest in the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't believe they've granted bail!

They obviously have insufficient evidence to hold him, Misty.
― Plato

Offline misty

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2015, 06:26:32 PM »
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/witness-against-bill-spedding-described-as-bizarre-obsessive/story-e6frg6nf-1227416930616

Witness against Bill Spedding described as ‘bizarre, obsessive’
THE AUSTRALIAN JUNE 27, 2015 12:00AM
A key witness in the case against Bill Spedding has been described as “obsessive, compulsive and ­bizarre” by a judge, who said she had a history of making similar allegations against men, court documents reveal.

Mr Spedding, who was identified as a “person of interest” by police investigating the dis­appearance of William Tyrrell last September, was last week granted bail on unrelated child-sex charges.

The revelation of doubts surrounding the evidence against him came as William’s parents yesterday marked their son’s fourth birthday by launching a fresh appeal for information about what happened to their boy. “What has happened to William is wrong, so very wrong,” his father said in a statement. “I feel entirely shattered, emotionally exhausted, physically and mentally lost.

“Life just doesn’t feel anywhere near what it used to be … I sit in your taxi or next to you on a plane. You make my coffee, my lunch but you don’t know my pain.”

Detective Inspector Gary ­Jubelin said he and his colleagues were feeling the pressure of what was now a 10-month ­investigation to find William, who disappeared from his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the NSW mid-north coast.

“The type of crime we’re talking about, and we’re talking about human intervention here, is something that there’s no ­excuse for not coming forward if you do have information,” he said.
Mr Spedding, who has not been charged in relation to William’s disappearance, was last week released on bail after being arrested over the alleged sexual abuse of two young girls in 1987.

Documents presented during his bail hearing show a woman who forms a key part of the police case against him was previously found by a judge to have “a propensity to make alle­gations of misconduct of various kinds” against men.

The witness, who cannot be named, claimed Mr Spedding and another woman sexually abused children. These alle­gations, which were unrelated to the charges he now faces, were rejected by a judge, who said he was “reasonably satisfied” the abuse did not occur.

The judge found the witness may also have sought to influence the evidence of the children allegedly involved, the court documents show.

The witness, who has separately alleged Mr Spedding committed the offences for which he currently faces charges, was ­“obsessive, compulsive and ­bizarre”, the judge said.

A police facts sheet, also tendered in court, said Mr Spedding is alleged to have sexually ­abused two young sisters in Sydney during 1987.

Police will allege there is medical evidence supporting the charges, as well as witness tes­timony from the girls allegedly involved.
Mr Spedding has denied the charges. He has also denied any involvement in the disappearance of William Tyrrell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is why so many of them are still out there, free to prey on innocent children.

Offline Anna

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2015, 11:57:45 PM »
How awful! Another poor child. It is disgusting how the whole world seems to have changed. How can anyone hurt a small child?  8(8-))
― Plato

Offline misty

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2015, 12:16:47 AM »
How awful! Another poor child. It is disgusting how the whole world seems to have changed. How can anyone hurt a small child?  8(8-))

I don't think the world has really changed, Anna, I think the internet has just facilitated the access to information about crimes of this nature.
There are more articles about this online. The age of the child seems to have been narrowed down to between 2 & 5 and 10 potential victims have been ruled out. There was girls' clothing in the suitcase but that could be misleading.
I will post any updates once the conclusions of the autopsy are published.
The description of the person seen dumping the suitcase, though......

Offline Anna

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »
I don't think the world has really changed, Anna, I think the internet has just facilitated the access to information about crimes of this nature.
There are more articles about this online. The age of the child seems to have been narrowed down to between 2 & 5 and 10 potential victims have been ruled out. There was girls' clothing in the suitcase but that could be misleading.
I will post any updates once the conclusions of the autopsy are published.
The description of the person seen dumping the suitcase, though......

Thank you Misty,
I so want little William to be found alive, but I accept that it is now highly unlikely.
It is so upsetting to think this child abuse, goes on all over the world and it is harder to prevent or stop, than most diseases.      These poor children.
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2015, 01:21:45 AM »

There are times when I can't cope with this.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »
A video about the case one year on:

Some interesting similarity factors with the McCanns case (many of which have been used in some form or another to criticise or cast doubt on the McCanns or the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance):

1) Parents were adamant that they knew their "cautious boy" would never wander away of his own accord.
2) Mother and Grandmother did not phone the police immediately, but around 20 minutes after first realising William was missing
3) When the police arrived the father was inside the house, not out searching and was said to be "in a mess" by the policeman.
4) Parents left the area where William went missing just a week later, to return home - a four hour drive away.
5) Police have categorically ruled out family involvement in the disappearance.
6) Police are pursuing the theory that William was abducted despite an almost complete absence of any evidence.
7) 407 sightings of William have been reported in one year.
8) When asked if they believe William could still be alive, the investigating officer stated  that they don't close their mind to any possibility.
9) When parents were asked the same question they said there is nothing to suggest he is not alive.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:10:07 AM by Admin »

Offline misty

« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2015, 11:27:45 PM »
A video about the case one year on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b810v6xGqY0&feature=youtu.be&utm_content=buffer2daad&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Some interesting similarity factors with the McCanns case (many of which have been used in some form or another to criticise or cast doubt on the McCanns or the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance):

1) Parents were adamant that they knew their "cautious boy" would never wander away of his own accord.
2) Mother and Grandmother did not phone the police immediately, but around 20 minutes after first realising William was missing
3) When the police arrived the father was inside the house, not out searching and was said to be "in a mess" by the policeman.
4) Parents left the area where William went missing just a week later, to return home - a four hour drive away.
5) Police have categorically ruled out family involvement in the disappearance.
6) Police are pursuing the theory that William was abducted despite an almost complete absence of any evidence.
7) 407 sightings of William have been reported in one year.
8) When asked if they believe William could still be alive, the investigating officer stated  that they don't close their mind to any possibility.
9) When parents were asked the same question they said there is nothing to suggest he is not alive.

Thank you for posting that update.
There are some variations in the parents' description of the first hours following Williams's disappearance compared to the initial news reports. However, I think the police are on the right track.

Offline misty

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2015, 08:26:26 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3249677/William-Tyrrell-breakthrough-Police-investigating-missing-toddler-seize-car-belonging-convicted-child-abuser-person-case.html

William Tyrrell breakthrough: Police investigating the toddler's disappearance a year ago seize a car belonging to a convicted child abuser that was 'parked in the street where he was last seen'
Police seize a station wagon related to missing toddler William Tyrrell
The owner, Tony Jones, was charged on Friday for assaulting a minor
Police allege Jones is linked to a paedophile ring
He was the former neighbour of Bill Spedding, another person of interest
Australians across the country marched for the toddlers' one year mark
William was abducted from Kendall, he would have turned four in June 

By Martha Azzi and Daniel Peters and Rachel Eddie For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 00:52, 26 September 2015  | Updated: 23:08, 26 September 2015

The car of a paedophile has been seized by police as they continue investigating the case of missing NSW toddler William Tyrell.

The white station wagon belonging to Tony Jones, a person of interest for police, was taken on September 16 and is undergoing forensic examination.

Jones was sentenced to three years jail on Friday after he pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting a minor, reports News Corp.

William disappeared from the backyard of his grandmother's home in Kendall on the NSW mid-north coast on the morning of September 12 last year.

A former neighbour of Bill Spedding, another person of interest for the police, Jones was a member of the social group, Grandparents As Parents Again (GAPA) which police allege concealed a paedophile ring.

This comes after police began investigations on finding the drivers of cars spotted on the street on the day of William's disappearance.

The mother had seen two cars suspiciously parked on the side of the road that morning, close together with their windows wound down, which have raised suspicion.

The cars were described as a speeding white four-wheel-drive, and a dark grey older-style, medium sized sedan, and an old, white station wagon.

Earlier this month, thousands of Australians across the country came togethe tomark one year to the day since William vanished without trace.

More than 250 walks were registered around the country, in a touching reflection of the outpouring of love and concern for the plight of the missing boy.

Swarms of red and blue outfits, honouring the Spiderman outfit that William was famously wearing when he disappeared, were pictured walking in unity across major ports in every city and state.

Communities from Ipswich in Queensland to Burleigh Beach in Newcastle to the Melbourne CBD to the Sydney Harbour to Rockingham in Perth represented just a fraction of the widespread support.

News even reached rural communities in Darwin and regional Western Australia, while walks went ahead overseas in locations like Thailand and the Solomon Islands.

On the national 'Walk 4 William' Facebook page, it says the idea 'was created from the hearts of many who wanted to bring a voice and awareness to little Williams disappearance in the hope that this will help bring little William home.'

The slogan behind the national campaign across the past year has been: 'Somebody saw something. Somebody knows something. Somebody can help bring William home. Is that somebody you?'

William Tyrrell would have turned four on June 26, and parents still have hope that he could be found alive.

The 'Walk 4 Williams' event comes after William’s parents made a plea to the public on 60 Minutes to help find their boy.

William had been roaring like a tiger that morning in his Spiderman costume, which is why his mouth is open in the now famous image of him, when he walked around the side of the home at about 10.30am.

'I could still hear him, he was roaring, and then, um, nothing,' his mother said in the interview, her voice breaking.'

'And then it's silence and he's just vanished.'

'I couldn't see him, I couldn't hear him. The world just came to a screaming halt. 'There was no wind, there were no birds, there was no movement. There was nothing.'

Police also released the audio of the the 000 call, as they continue to investigate all avenues of the disappearance, focusing on the identification of several vehicles parked near the house.

The desperate plea comes just days after Bill Spedding, posted a video online denying any involvement in the toddler’s disappearance.

The video of Spedding appeared in an online support group for the 63-year-old on Wednesday, almost a year after three-year-old William vanished from his grandmother's home in Kendall, on the NSW mid-north-coast.

Spedding, seen in the grainy footage wearing a blue t-shirt, admits to visiting the Tyrrell home to repair a washing machine but claims to have had 'no involvement' in the boy’s disappearance.

'My wife Margaret and I offer the Tyrrell family our sincere commiserations in the tragic event of William's disappearance,' he said.

'I wish to state that I have no involvement in the disappearance of William Tyrrell.'

He claims the media have 'inaccurately' portrayed his involvement in the Tyrrell case and he wishes to 'clarify those details' with his video statement.

'The media have reported that I was supposed to have attended the Tyrrell house on the 12th September 2014 - this being the day of William's disappearance.

'I wish to make it perfectly clear this claim is completely false.'

Spedding was arrested and charged with unrelated historic child sex offences in April this year.

The offences were uncovered by detectives investigating William Tyrrell's disappearance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline misty

« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2015, 12:26:06 AM »
Another update.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/09/30/04/43/person-of-interest-in-tyrrell-case-has-extensive-criminal-record-report

A man named as a person of interest in the disappearance of NSW toddler William Tyrrell reportedly has a criminal record of more than 90 offences.

Last week Anthony 'Tony' Jones was jailed for aggravated indecent assault of a minor, but he has a criminal record spanning four decades, including assault, drugs and robbery charges, the Daily Telegraph reports.

The 59-year-old's first conviction came in December 1975 when he was sentenced to hard labour for escaping lawful custody.

Over the next few years he was found guilty of stealing, setting fire to motor vehicles, causing malicious injury and breaking and entering.

Twice in 1989 he was convicted of hitting women, while in 2002 he was jailed for assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Jones' white Toyota Camry wagon was seized by police for forensic examination, just days after investigators said they were looking for a vehicle matching its description in mid-September.

He was sentenced to three years jail last week after pleading guilty to the indecent assault of a child. The child involved was not William.

He was also a member of a grandparents social group and is a former neighbour of Bill Spedding, another person of interest in the case.

No one has been arrested or charged over William’s disappearance on September 12, 2014.

The three-year-old had been playing in the backyard of his grandmother’s home at Benaroon Drive in Kendall on the NSW mid-north coast when he vanished.
Earlier this month police issued an appeal on 60 Minutes for information into four cars seen in the area on the morning William disappeared.
He was also a member of a grandparents social group and is a former neighbour of Bill Spedding, another person of interest in the case.
                         ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline misty

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2015, 01:52:34 AM »
Sound familiar?

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/news-stories/william-tyrrell-campaign-calls-out-online-trolls-23579

Those behind the Where’s William Tyrrell campaign have hit out at an online group they say are falsely claiming to be endorsed by the missing toddler’s family, Yahoo! News reports.

Page administrators wrote a lengthy Facebook post on Thursday in which they accused the group W4W Walking Warriors Australia of being defamatory after they had claimed the campaign was mismanaging funds.

“For those who support this group please know they have no personal connection to William or his family,” the post says.

“To infer that there has been inappropriate management of the funds raised is defamatory.”

The W4W page had posted a public message to the official campaign for William Tyrrell asking why two of the three billboards urging the public to come forward with information about the missing child had been taken down.

“Where have the funds that so many of us donated gone?” the post continued.
The W4W page seeks to promote awareness-raising ideas, including putting the faces of missing children on mock milk cartons, an idea not supported by William Tyrrell’s family.

“None of the actions by these groups or individuals, nor their actions or statements, are welcomed or endorsed by William’s family or the official campaign,” the official page’s post said.

W4W responded on Friday with another Facebook post defending their original post.

“Yesterday many people asked a question regarding William’s billboards being taken down, they also asked where the donations went to as many of us as individuals donated from our own pockets.

“No doubt we were disappointed the billboards were taken down. Missing children should and must be across this country. Our government needs to do more

Offline misty

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2016, 01:53:10 AM »
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/fourth-man-is-quizzed-in-hunt-for-william-tyrrell/story-fni0xqrc-1227695073457?sv=3b684d6267376e5a99a9ec3156471c34

ANOTHER person of interest has emerged in the William Tyrrell case as the desperate search for the little boy enters its third calendar year.

The Saturday Telegraph can reveal detectives have interviewed Derek Nichols, an elderly man listed on the child protection register, several times and searched his home on the state’s mid-north coast.

Mr Nichols said he had nothing to do with the four-year-old’s disappearance and is not connected to William’s family.

“I was living in Kendall and the police came to see me because I was on the child protection register,” Mr Nichols told The Saturday Telegraph.

“The most significant one was in May when they came and inspected my house.”

Mr Nichols said he was on the child protection register for crimes committed in Victoria. He said he was living in Dunbogan when William went missing and said he did not know anybody connected to the case.

It is the second time the tiny town of Dunbogan, south of Port Macquarie, has been provided as an alibi to police.

Tradesman Bill Spedding, who also denies any involvement, told detectives he was repairing a washing machine in Dunbogan shortly after William went missing.

Spedding has been interviewed extensively by police and had his Bonny Hills home searched by the Strike Force Rosann team led by crack detective Gary Jubelin.

Police found a Spiderman doll in Spedding’s Volkswagen work van — a toy he claimed was given to him by his grandson to keep him company.

There were more than 20 people on the child protection register in the area directly surrounding the Kendall home of William Tyrrell’s grandmother.

Police spoke to all of them but not all have had their homes searched.
Mr Nichols’ denial comes as another roadblock emerged for police in their investigation. It can be revealed no evidence was discovered in a car seized from a paedophile on the state’s mid-north coast in September.

Forensic testing of a white station-wagon belonging to convicted child molester Tony Jones failed to turn up any trace of William or clues about his disappearance.

A fourth man, Paul Bickford, a convicted paedophile, has also been questioned in the case.

Detectives attached to strike force Rosann seized the vehicle from near the Wauchope family home of Jones, who is serving a three-year jail sentence, on September 16.
Despite the lack of evidence, Chief Inspector Jubelin renewed his commitment to seeing the case through.

“The investigation into the disappearance of William Tyrrell remains a priority for the NSW Police Force,” he said.

“It doesn’t sit well with us, particularly at this time of year, that we still don’t know what happened to William. Any information, no matter how seemingly innocuous could be vital.”

Offline misty

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2016, 01:32:02 AM »
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/william-tyrrell-person-of-interest-paul-bickford-to-appear-in-port-macqaurie-court-over-alleged-breach-of-conditions/story-fni0cx12-1227702203388

William Tyrrell person of interest Paul Bickford to appear in Port Macqaurie court over alleged breach of conditions
January 8, 2016 1:00pm
Taylor AuerbachThe Daily Telegraph

A CONVICTED paedophile questioned by detectives investigating the William Tyrrell disappearance on the state’s mid north coast will front court again this month after allegedly breaching his reporting conditions.

The Saturday Telegraph can reveal Paul John Bickford — the former president of grandparent support group GAPA (Grandparents As Parents Again) — allegedly breached court orders imposed on him over child sex offences around the same time he was photographed by this newspaper visiting his wife’s home in Port Macquarie on September 7.

Bickford pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting an 11-year-old girl who suffers Asperger’s syndrome during a drive to the shops to buy her lollies.

He was given a 16-month suspended jail sentence last February and barred from contacting children.
The former Senior Volunteer of the Year and his wife Sandra, who is not a person-of-interest in the case, have been questioned extensively by homicide detectives investigating the suspected abduction of Spiderman-loving toddler William.

The now four-year-old vanished from his grandmother’s Kendall home in September, 2014, while wearing his favourite superhero costume.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~