Author Topic: The war or Battle to save Scottish Justice ?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

The war or Battle to save Scottish Justice ?
« on: February 28, 2021, 09:41:25 PM »
Scotland legal system once  the envy of the world- apparently- comes under scrutiny as the Scottish government has been accused of a very serious  charge of using the Justice system to prevent an enquiry regarding Alex Salmond and his sex abuse case - of which he was cleared by a court of law, and the First minister (NOT the Scottish Prime minister) of unethical and illegal behavior.

Back ground for further reading- if you can be bothered :)
from a selection of news media...

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/salmond-s-case-will-have-consequences-he-just-can-t-admit-it

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2021/feb/26/alex-salmond-tells-holyrood-inquiry-scotland-leadership-failed-video
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/25/salmond-scandal-has-shattered-belief-devolution/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9308865/Alex-Salmond-twist-knife-Blow-Sturgeon-prepares-new-evidence.html

SNP has been likened to North Korea's justice system.  What shame they bring on us!

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline John

Re: The war or Battle to save Scottish Justice ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 10:15:52 PM »
Scotland legal system once  the envy of the world- apparently- comes under scrutiny as the Scottish government has been accused of a very serious  charge of using the Justice system to prevent an enquiry regarding Alex Salmond and his sex abuse case - of which he was cleared by a court of law, and the First minister (NOT the Scottish Prime minister) of unethical and illegal behavior.

Back ground for further reading- if you can be bothered :)
from a selection of news media...

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/salmond-s-case-will-have-consequences-he-just-can-t-admit-it

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2021/feb/26/alex-salmond-tells-holyrood-inquiry-scotland-leadership-failed-video
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/02/25/salmond-scandal-has-shattered-belief-devolution/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9308865/Alex-Salmond-twist-knife-Blow-Sturgeon-prepares-new-evidence.html

SNP has been likened to North Korea's justice system.  What shame they bring on us!

I totally agree but then I'm biased.  8@??)(
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 09:32:56 AM »

I am not biased.  Well, only by ancestry and I am appalled.  Not sure how anyone else feels.

The deposition given by Alex Salmond is the most impressive speech, if you can call it that, that I have ever heard.  I watched it and then read all of it and understood every word of it.  And I believed him.

I want Independence for Scotland, but I shudder to think of what this debacle will do for that.  I just don't understand what went wrong between them.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 09:39:27 AM »

Is anyone else watching Nichola Sturgeon giving evidence?  Oh dearie me.  Not very good is she?  Waffling and tripping over words and needlessly repeating herself.

Not that this is crucial in itself, but it is obvious to me that her excuses won't do and that she is trying to talk herself out of trouble.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 10:00:10 AM »
Is anyone else watching Nichola Sturgeon giving evidence?  Oh dearie me.  Not very good is she?  Waffling and tripping over words and needlessly repeating herself.

Not that this is crucial in itself, but it is obvious to me that her excuses won't do and that she is trying to talk herself out of trouble.

Like all the rest of them, the power has gone to her head and she is finding it hard to relinquish it.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 10:25:45 AM »
Like all the rest of them, the power has gone to her head and she is finding it hard to relinquish it.

Of course, to the above.  But is she Guilty?

Jezuz, this is painful to watch her struggling with words while saying not very much at all.  I bet she will plead ignorance and say that someone didn't tell her what was going on so it isn't her fault.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 10:39:22 AM »

In fact, that is exactly what she is trying to say at this moment

It seems to me that she jumped on the #MeToo band wagon long before Alex Salmond was ultimately found Not Guilty by a Jury and Two Courts.  But she wouldn't let it go behind the scenes and consequentially tried to interfere with the legal decision and smear Alex Salmond anyway in an attempt to exonerate her own stupidity.

It is actually all quite awful.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 11:18:14 AM »

Phew.  A break.  Before which they were discussing The Leaks to The Daily Record, about which Ms. Sturgeon knows noffink.  Despite it only being possible to have come from within The Scottish Government.

Back later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 12:09:33 PM »
Phew.  A break.  Before which they were discussing The Leaks to The Daily Record, about which Ms. Sturgeon knows noffink.  Despite it only being possible to have come from within The Scottish Government.

Back later.

Will she go, do you think?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »
Will she go, do you think?

Not willingly I don't think.  But it will all be someone else's fault.

Back to the grind.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 02:04:38 PM »
Not willingly I don't think.  But it will all be someone else's fault.

Back to the grind.

I suppose it will be down to the SNP in the end. If they think she's damaging the party she'll have to go.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 03:19:20 PM »
I suppose it will be down to the SNP in the end. If they think she's damaging the party she'll have to go.

No, I don't think so.  If she is found to be guilty of lying to Parliament or of deliberately misleading the Parliament will sack her.
Although quite possibly she may jump the gun and resign.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 08:34:13 PM »

Well it is blatantly obvious the 'party' is riddled with 'sex pests' as other male MSPs have been named as offering sexual advances of sorts to females.

Using the crown office to hide their dirt is more than a sodden party political inconvenience- this is serious!

I confess I am not a fan of Salmond, and perhaps as Triky Nicky mentioned he may at times behave inappropriately. However, nearly raping more than one female  as alleged cannot be ,with any stretch of the imagination, be described as 'inappropriate'. She was trying to validate claims which was thrown out of court and quite right too! I found that jibe by her to be repugnant and I am on A S side on this issue.

Nearly raped? is that the same as nearly pregnant?

She may have to resign on health reasons,  loss of cognitive  function at very important events can be serious!

Her husband is no better , she is running a Banana republic without Bananas as one commentator said! Sacking people who offer debate about important issues!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 12:35:36 AM »

It only gets worse.  Everyone knew about the accusations against Alex Salmond, including her husband, except Nicola Sturgeon.
They then all proceeded to try and stitch him up without telling her.

One can only assume that they think she is a fool and not fit to lead.

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 08:27:58 PM »

It is damaging to Scotland as a whole, its people, political institutions, the justice system, everything is tainted!

There was a time in years past when Independence was attractive, not now!

There is no sale, no real benefit to Scotland at all. They are 'flogging a dead hoss' to the republican movement. Paying out millions of pound's for free higher education to EU citizens all the while children here are living in poverty- very high rate of poverty! Where is this equality to speak of? It is shambolic.

Hate crime has more of a priority than rape or burglaries!

How would one describe  'hate crime' I believe it is when someone or a group get together and tell people that jews. BAME,disabled, and homosexuals/Trans people should be removed from society by what ever means because they are 'evil'/dirty/ vile/ whatever other words.

In Scotand  it means if you are white and you have a joke about the pope or Muslim terrorist or King Billy IN YOUR OWN HOME  you can be charged with hate crime. Also if you express your dislike of something like someones religion yeah =hate crime.This is not hate crime this is the 'thought' police HELLO 1984

Thank you Scottish nasty party.  ooops just commmited hate crime damn!