Author Topic: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?  (Read 32943 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?
« on: July 10, 2019, 08:48:00 AM »
I guess with the benefit of hindsight and 12 years on it could be said the McCanns might have been better just to allow events to unfold and not to have sought the sort of publicity they did?  Assuming they're not involved easier said than done.  If they were involved I've no idea why they would embark on such a campaign?

If MM was abducted then the motive remains unclear.  An abductor may have had every intention of releasing her but given the unprecedented publicity felt unable to do so. 

I think its safe to say that any abductor could not have foreseen the worldwide publicity following MM's disappearance?  Did this change what might otherwise have happened?

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline jassi

Re: The 'Find Madeleine Campaign' Helpful or Harmful?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 09:01:16 AM »
I guess with the benefit of hindsight and 12 years on it could be said the McCanns might have been better just to allow events to unfold and not to have sought the sort of publicity they did?  Assuming they're not involved easier said than done.  If they were involved I've no idea why they would embark on such a campaign?

If MM was abducted then the motive remains unclear.  An abductor may have had every intention of releasing her but given the unprecedented publicity felt unable to do so. 

I think its safe to say that any abductor could not have foreseen the worldwide publicity following MM's disappearance?  Did this change what might otherwise have happened?

Control.
Something they have strived for from the beginning and were fairly successful at in the early years.  IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 09:03:31 AM »
Control.
Something they have strived for from the beginning and were fairly successful at in the early years.  IMO

But could it be one or both are control freaks in general?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 09:05:23 AM »
But could it be one or both are control freaks in general?

Gamble certainly said Gerry was very cold and controlling.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:09:55 AM »
That was his first impression later revised was it not?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 09:25:18 AM »

Gamble being the CEOP guy?

KM describes herself in her book as a "perfectionist"!  She also states she didn't turn the bedroom light on straight away through force of habit to avoid waking the children "at all costs".  This to my mind is a strange turn of phase.  I mean how can children waking be such a big deal?  Was/is she controlling not wanting to be interrupted and/or not wanting the children possibly somewhat out of sorts the following day if they didn't sleep well? 

And all this suing people imo is extremely counter-productive.  KM said it was done to keep the spotlight on the search for MM but this hasn't always been the case.  I believe they sued Leic police for not living up to expectation?  They also took some guy to court who was leaflet dropping in their village some material they didn't agree with.

Obviously I haven't met them but I don't like what I've seen.  KM expecting (and getting) a private audience with the Pope and Father Paul Seddon having to fly out immediately.  Once MM disappeared they could not get enough of the little church in PDL.  Did they visit before to say thanks for the MW hol and 3 beautiful children?  I don't believe so too busy with Kids club, tennis, tapas and jogging. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 09:26:40 AM »
That was his first impression later revised was it not?

Did he ? Do you have a cite ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
Gamble being the CEOP guy?

KM describes herself in her book as a "perfectionist"!  She also states she didn't turn the bedroom light on straight away through force of habit to avoid waking the children "at all costs".  This to my mind is a strange turn of phase.  I mean how can children waking be such a big deal?  Was/is she controlling not wanting to be interrupted and/or not wanting the children possibly somewhat out of sorts the following day if they didn't sleep well? 

And all this suing people imo is extremely counter-productive.  KM said it was done to keep the spotlight on the search for MM but this hasn't always been the case.  I believe they sued Leic police for not living up to expectation?  They also took some guy to court who was leaflet dropping in their village some material they didn't agree with.

Obviously I haven't met them but I don't like what I've seen.  KM expecting (and getting) a private audience with the Pope and Father Paul Seddon having to fly out immediately.  Once MM disappeared they could not get enough of the little church in PDL.  Did they visit before to say thanks for the MW hol and 3 beautiful children?  I don't believe so too busy with Kids club, tennis, tapas and jogging.
One or two myths in there.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 09:29:12 AM »
One or two myths in there.

What ones ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 09:35:05 AM »
What ones ?
Did the McCanns sue Leicester police?  Did Kate exoect a private audience with the pope?  Did she get one?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »
Did the McCanns sue Leicester police?  Did Kate exoect a private audience with the pope?  Did she get one?

The parents certainly planned to take court action against Leicestershire police.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mccanns-drop-court-action-as-police-release-files-861524.html

I have no idea what Kate expected but no she didn’t get a private audience with the pope.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 09:52:35 AM »

Yes, yes and yes. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mccanns-drop-court-action-as-police-release-files-861524.html

I first read about the above in KM's book but can't currently find the page.

A private audience in that the McCanns were personally greeted and a photo of MM blessed.  How many Catholics would like photos of their children blessed by the Pope because their child is missing, sick or whatever? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 09:54:53 AM »
What other set of parents have behaved like this under similar or different circumstance?  I don't believe any in the history of mankind.  The McCanns are an aberration. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 09:56:30 AM »
Although on a personal level I have difficulty warming and relating to them I don't believe they were involved in MM's disappearance.