Author Topic: Netflix launches new 8-part documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 105422 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Well done. Your experience of this forum will be much enhanced by that one simple act.
Only cowards refuse to debate with me IMO. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Learning fast.
A lesson you don't yet appear to have learned!  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

Theres been no discussion on here for yonks,its all opinion stated as fact in a lot of cases.

I think you should all put everyone on ignore, and then no one will be being rude to anyone.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Does someone have to point out the need to break into the apartment would have left behind evidence.
Evidence like a jemmied door perhaps. You do know what a jemmy is, don't you?
No need for  jemmy if you can open a window or have a key.  I do know what a jemmy is btw, but thanks for asking.

Offline barrier

I think you should all put everyone on ignore, and then no one will be being rude to anyone.

You're getting there.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I have no idea why these stroppy sceptics even post here.  They would be far happier grumbling away to each other on their sceptic forums with no nasty supporters to challenge their views or ask awkward questions. 

Offline Mr Gray

Theres been no discussion on here for yonks,its all opinion stated as fact in a lot of cases.

That's your opinion  by the way. Stated as fact

Online Eleanor

You're getting there.

If only I could do the same.

Offline misty

I do think we would be having a much different conversation had Madeline been abducted from the locked apartment while the family slept and I am sure the initial investigation would have been carried out in a far different manner.

For a 'Justice' forum you don't half misquote people. Another one goes on ignore.

Welcome, Tortuga.
The point of entry was initially believed to have via the window, which was found open & the shutter raised. The front door was locked to outsiders. Only the burglars' favourite, a patio door, was ajar. Why was staging almost immediately suspected?
Had the McCanns not discovered Madeleine missing until morning after a night's sleep, what would the Portuguese police have done differently?
We have cited several cases on this forum of children having been abducted from their beds by strangers when sleeping adults were present , one of which resulted in a father being wrongfully convicted of his daughter's murder. (USA Riley Fox). In all cases the parents were under suspicion, some for months or even years.
We have also cited cases where young children have woken & wandered whilst their parents slept, oblivious to what was happening. Fortunately most of those had a positive outcome.
The Netflix documentary detailed how some children had been targeted whilst sleeping in their beds during a holiday in the Algarve, so there was precedent. The fact that Portugal had no DNA database to any compare DNA harvested from each of those crime scenes to others was surely detrimental to identifying offenders, prosecuting them & maybe preventing a repeat offence.
I would be interested to know what you think PJ would have done differently, especially in the light of the case of a child who reportedly went missing away from home which resulted in the mother/A N Other being convicted of the child's murder within the home, without any forensic evidence whatsoever.

Offline ShiningInLuz

I see you are refusing to answer how the investigation would have differed significantly if the apartment had been locked and the parents sleeping.  Oh well.
I understood the answer perfectly well.  And, IMO, it is relevant.   &^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Welcome, Tortuga.
The point of entry was initially believed to have via the window, which was found open & the shutter raised. The front door was locked to outsiders. Only the burglars' favourite, a patio door, was ajar. Why was staging almost immediately suspected?
Had the McCanns not discovered Madeleine missing until morning after a night's sleep, what would the Portuguese police have done differently?
We have cited several cases on this forum of children having been abducted from their beds by strangers when sleeping adults were present , one of which resulted in a father being wrongfully convicted of his daughter's murder. (USA Riley Fox). In all cases the parents were under suspicion, some for months or even years.
We have also cited cases where young children have woken & wandered whilst their parents slept, oblivious to what was happening. Fortunately most of those had a positive outcome.
The Netflix documentary detailed how some children had been targeted whilst sleeping in their beds during a holiday in the Algarve, so there was precedent. The fact that Portugal had no DNA database to any compare DNA harvested from each of those crime scenes to others was surely detrimental to identifying offenders, prosecuting them & maybe preventing a repeat offence.
I would be interested to know what you think PJ would have done differently, especially in the light of the case of a child who reportedly went missing away from home which resulted in the mother/A N Other being convicted of the child's murder within the home, without any forensic evidence whatsoever.
8@??)(
Good luck getting an answer to that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I understood the answer perfectly well.  And, IMO, it is relevant.   &^^&*
See Misty's post.  She has perfectly expanded on and articulated my own question.  If you think Tortuga's response addresses it perhaps you could explain how and why. 

Offline faithlilly

Plain Logic tells me that The McCanns couldn't have done any of the things they were accused of.  They simply didn't have the time or resources.

Amaral's ideas got more bizarre as time went by.

It didn’t take much time or resources if you believe they didn’t move the body.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

A bit pointless, don't you think.  You finish up just agreeing with those of like mind.  Where is the discussion in that?

I like a good debate as much as the next man but some members are truly not worth the bother.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

See Misty's post.  She has perfectly expanded on and articulated my own question.  If you think Tortuga's response addresses it perhaps you could explain how and why.
It was articulated in reply to your question.

If you are looking for a missing child, you carry out missing child procedures.

If you are thinking of an abducted child, you carry out abduction procedures.

Very simple.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:55:17 PM by Brietta »
What's up, old man?