Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81211 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #705 on: October 29, 2018, 06:48:59 PM »
Did he actually say that?  Can you provide a quote, please.

Here you go Brietta.

Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood, who is leading the Metropolitan Police investigation, said the realisation that the 9.15pm sighting was not the abductor was a turning point in his team’s work.

He said: “In fact I would say that it was a revelation moment…we are almost certain now that this sighting is not the abductor and very importantly, what it says is that from 9.15pm we are able to allow the clock to move forward and in doing so things that have not been quite as significant, or have received quite the same degree of attention are now at the centre of our focus.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10378303/Madeleine-McCann-New-reconstruction-reveals-abduction-was-later-than-previously-thought.html
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #706 on: October 29, 2018, 06:54:59 PM »
Here you go Brietta.

Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood, who is leading the Metropolitan Police investigation, said the realisation that the 9.15pm sighting was not the abductor was a turning point in his team’s work.

He said: “In fact I would say that it was a revelation moment…we are almost certain now that this sighting is not the abductor and very importantly, what it says is that from 9.15pm we are able to allow the clock to move forward and in doing so things that have not been quite as significant, or have received quite the same degree of attention are now at the centre of our focus.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10378303/Madeleine-McCann-New-reconstruction-reveals-abduction-was-later-than-previously-thought.html

I'm still not seeing "Jane Tanners evidence was of no importance according to Redwood" you are confusing opinion with fact.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2018, 06:58:08 PM »
I'm still not seeing "Jane Tanners evidence was of no importance according to Redwood" you are confusing opinion with fact.

That could be because I actually didn't say what you have quoted above.  My post was

He said he had found Jane Tanners man so therefore he would be irrelevant to the case unless he had seen anything of course.  Unless you think that he is still the suspect in which case I would inform Scotland Yard or the PJ.

All I was attributing to Andy Redwood was that he had found Jane Tanners man. The rest was my opinion.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2018, 07:37:25 PM »
That could be because I actually didn't say what you have quoted above.  My post was

He said he had found Jane Tanners man so therefore he would be irrelevant to the case unless he had seen anything of course.  Unless you think that he is still the suspect in which case I would inform Scotland Yard or the PJ.

All I was attributing to Andy Redwood was that he had found Jane Tanners man. The rest was my opinion.

Sorry ... I have confused yours with another member's statement also requiring a cite.

You said ...
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10243.msg499140#msg499140

Which is not actually what he said ... you have paraphrased what he did say to suit your opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Sunny

« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2018, 07:42:38 PM »
Sorry ... I have confused yours with another member's statement also requiring a cite.

You said ...
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10243.msg499140#msg499140

Which is not actually what he said ... you have paraphrased what he did say to suit your opinion.

I was speaking about Andy Redwood in the third person so it was obviously not a quote, no speechmarks either.  I said he had found Jane Tanners man. He said he was almost certain he had found that man.

So no paraphrasing IMO.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #710 on: October 29, 2018, 07:54:27 PM »

Paraphrasing and no indication of "in my opinion" that I can see.  Please bear both in mind for future reference which will go a long way towards integrity of posts.  End of conversation.