Author Topic: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.  (Read 1251222 times)

Wonderfulspam and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Carana

Re: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.
« Reply #435 on: June 05, 2020, 09:35:35 AM »
Following on from Misty's link
I think the information given to the German police is confirmed by the body hair found in the rape victim's bed which DNA testing proved to be his.

Now, if the PJ forensics could just find the missing hairs that went AWOL from Madeleine's bed...

Offline jassi

« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2020, 09:50:38 AM »
An interesting snippet here form the Independent - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/madeleine-mccann-death-suspect-german-police-latest-a9548531.html#gsc.tab=0

"Local reports suggest he is the same man who was jailed for seven years in December for raping an American woman in Portugal in 2005."

Taken together with the claim about having served 2/3 of a sentence suggests that maybe the rape wasn't down to him.
Have German police stated that he was jailed for this rape ?

Also from the same article -

"German police said they first received information on the suspect in 2013 after an appeal by Gerry and Kate McCann on the country’s equivalent of Crimewatch.

BKA officer Christian Hoppe said it was not sufficient to trigger an investigation and “certainly not for arrest”, but police zoned in on the suspect after further details were given to the Metropolitan Police four years later."

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 09:54:22 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2020, 10:02:09 AM »

From the Guardian today - http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=post;quote=596464;topic=11585.420

" He said Brückner had lived in Portugal between 1995 and 2007. “According to our information during this time period, he had various casual jobs in the Lagos region, including in the hotel and catering industry,” Wolters said.

“There is further evidence that the suspect boosted his income with criminal acts, including break-ins in hotels and holiday flats, as well as through drug-dealing.”

Unfortunately, I don't understand much German, but I did pick up that he'd worked in the "gastronomy" sector. Not sure what that actually means: whether he was a waiter, washer-upper, beer salesman... ?

Offline Carana

« Reply #438 on: June 05, 2020, 10:03:54 AM »
An interesting snippet here form the Independent - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/madeleine-mccann-death-suspect-german-police-latest-a9548531.html#gsc.tab=0

"Local reports suggest he is the same man who was jailed for seven years in December for raping an American woman in Portugal in 2005."

Taken together with the claim about having served 2/3 of a sentence suggests that maybe the rape wasn't down to him.
Have German police stated that he was jailed for this rape ?

Also from the same article -

"German police said they first received information on the suspect in 2013 after an appeal by Gerry and Kate McCann on the country’s equivalent of Crimewatch.

BKA officer Christian Hoppe said it was not sufficient to trigger an investigation and “certainly not for arrest”, but police zoned in on the suspect after further details were given to the Metropolitan Police four years later."

Jassi, I think there's some confusion over which sentence would theoretically allow him out. I reposted Misty's find just a bit further up.

Offline jassi

« Reply #439 on: June 05, 2020, 10:09:19 AM »
Jassi, I think there's some confusion over which sentence would theoretically allow him out. I reposted Misty's find just a bit further up.

I would agree. That's the problem when different reports give differing information - or even the same report.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:49:04 AM by jassi »
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #440 on: June 05, 2020, 10:13:45 AM »
I don't have him 'nailed' the police do ... and hopefully the response to the public appeal made on behalf of Madeleine will result in returning evidence to assist them in furthering their case and getting to the truth.

There never was anything romantic or dreamlike about what happened to Madeleine all those years ago and I wonder at the jubilant tone of your post at the German police belief in the death of an innocent little girl.
The police don't have him nailed,he's a suspect and should be treated as such,they want information that can either put the crime to him or rule him out.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »
‘Before ''Christian B'' moved into the van, he lived for six years with a partner in a ramshackle hillside retreat close to the Black Rock peak above Praia da Luz beach.

Detectives fear a heavily scratched wooden post in the building may be where he chained victims’.

Offline jassi

« Reply #442 on: June 05, 2020, 10:18:10 AM »
‘Before ''Christian B'' moved into the van, he lived for six years with a partner in a ramshackle hillside retreat close to the Black Rock peak above Praia da Luz beach.

Detectives fear a heavily scratched wooden post in the building may be where he chained victims’.

Where does this information about the post come from, please ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Carana

« Reply #443 on: June 05, 2020, 10:20:30 AM »
This guy's alleged offences spanned both serious and less serious criminal activities.

The PJ was (is) responsible for anything of a serious criminal nature: violent break-ins, rape, drug trafficking, potentially criminal disappearances, murders...

Trying to get this timeline straight:

- Joana Cipriano disappeared without trace on 12 September from Figueira. 2004.

- The American lady was burgled, tortured, and raped somewhere in PdL in September 2005.

- Numerous girls (the known ones appear to have been British, although there may have been others) were sexually assaulted in the PdL area aroung this period.

- Madeleine disappears from PdL on the evening of 3 May 2007.

At the time, Amaral was the coordinator in charge of all of these. WTF was he doing?

ETA: Just typos corrected.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:42:59 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #444 on: June 05, 2020, 10:23:49 AM »

That reminds me (from memory) of an account in Kate's book of someone telling her they'd seen a car going up towards the peak that night, and that the police had told her it would have been the police.

ETA: sorry, I think I was replying to a different bit of your post... so we may have crossed wires.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:33:07 AM by Carana »

Offline Anthro

Offline jassi

Or maybe not -

Offline Carana

« Reply #447 on: June 05, 2020, 10:51:18 AM »
https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/irish-daily-mail/20200605/281547998117464

Hmmm. I wouldn't take all of that as fact - sounds like tabloid sensationalism with a few details thrown in for credibility.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #448 on: June 05, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »
I posted ... "Whatever happened to Madeleine wasn't a game ... I'm surprised you appear to be treating it as such."

Perhaps you could point out where I mentioned "exonerating the parents".  I didn't.  But you certainly appear to have recognised the facts of the matter without any prompting from me.

In my opinion you seem to be less than content that the emergence of a predator such as Christian Brueckner has highlighted the incompetence of the Portuguese police from Amaral's era as he indulged his twelve year Portuguese crime spree without let nor hindrance from them.

He hasn't been charged let alone tried but the horrific circumstances of Madeleine's abduction are no doubt down to a person such as Brueckner who has been described as climbing though windows to burgle tourist nick-knacks and who with premeditation entered at least one property with the intention of assaulting the occupant.
This he did.
Any ideas why the Portuguese cops did nothing about that or why it was left to the Germans.

You don’t have to mention ‘exonerating the parents’, it is implicit in every post you write.

Why is the past so important to you ? Thirteen years of intensive investigation has brought forward not one firm shred of evidence against Brueckner and that’s what’s important now. Undoubtedly he is a reptile of a man who deserves every hour of the custodial sentence he is serving, and more besides, but that does not make him guilty of this crime....and on the evidence already in the public domain a conviction will be almost impossible to obtain. Further it is worth pointing out that if the case against this man comes to nought the abduction theory is very much still that,  a theory.

Lastly, let me be crystal clear, if a lack of professionalism by any police force has allowed Brueckner to continue to commit the horrific abuse he undoubtedly carried out then they should rightly be criticised. The capture of offenders of this nature is far too serious a subject to play petty morality games with and shame on you for trying.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:14:00 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #449 on: June 05, 2020, 10:59:11 AM »

The village where he lived until 2006 has been named as Monte Judeu, which is 30km from PdL?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0