Author Topic: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.  (Read 1238843 times)

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

Re: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.
« Reply #405 on: June 05, 2020, 01:18:28 AM »
Sky News just referred to the German as "a new suspect". Poor journalism or what? Where have the been for the past few years?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #406 on: June 05, 2020, 01:24:00 AM »
No it isn’t a game and this is a real child who has probably died in the most horrific of circumstances if the German police have ‘their finger on the pulse’. Perhaps it’s worth you remembering that...this isn’t merely about exonerating the parents.

I posted ... "Whatever happened to Madeleine wasn't a game ... I'm surprised you appear to be treating it as such."

Perhaps you could point out where I mentioned "exonerating the parents".  I didn't.  But you certainly appear to have recognised the facts of the matter without any prompting from me.

In my opinion you seem to be less than content that the emergence of a predator such as Christian Brueckner has highlighted the incompetence of the Portuguese police from Amaral's era as he indulged his twelve year Portuguese crime spree without let nor hindrance from them.

He hasn't been charged let alone tried but the horrific circumstances of Madeleine's abduction are no doubt down to a person such as Brueckner who has been described as climbing though windows to burgle tourist nick-knacks and who with premeditation entered at least one property with the intention of assaulting the occupant.
This he did.
Any ideas why the Portuguese cops did nothing about that or why it was left to the Germans.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline steve_trousers

« Reply #407 on: June 05, 2020, 02:17:17 AM »
Thanks but that article does not say anything to suggest that what he wrote was self incriminating. Or was that part of your post speculation?

Looking at the morning press, the narrative seems more along the lines of his boasting to a friend in a bar rather than anything self incriminating online. Thus far.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2020, 03:00:19 AM »
Snip
Brueckner is behind bars in Germany. But it was claimed that he could walk free within days, as he will become eligible for parole on Sunday.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12337492

If true, that is the probable explanation for the police going public on Brueckner.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Myster

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline barrier

« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2020, 05:36:20 AM »
Let’s hope both happen within a year.
Why do you hope this guy in particular is charged? I'd venture there is as much evidence against him as there is on some others close to this case, certainly not a hint of forensics in the frenzied brit press.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:39:17 PM by Angelo222 »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Myster

« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2020, 05:58:06 AM »
Location of Brueckner's run-down farmhouse near PdL, centre of photo...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Monte+Judeu,+Portim%C3%A3o,+Portugal/@37.093884,-8.7169856,73a,35y,39.56t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0xd1b2673fdaa29bf:0xb096afa4335d47a4!8m2!3d37.1847151!4d-8.5661017

Screenshots of Brueckner's second house (circled red, top right) and the McCann apartment (circled blue, bottom left) and a press photo of the entrance side...

Offline Myster

« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2020, 06:08:32 AM »
Why do you hope this guy in particular is charged? I'd venture there is as much evidence against him as there is on some others close to this case, certainly not a hint of forensics in the frenzied brit press.
The Germans haven't revealed their full hand, obviously.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:40:21 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2020, 07:19:24 AM »
Snip
Brueckner is behind bars in Germany. But it was claimed that he could walk free within days, as he will become eligible for parole on Sunday.

If true, that is the probable explanation for the police going public on Brueckner.
That’s absurd - he’s only recently been banged up for rape and torture, how on earth can he be eligible for parole already?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2020, 07:25:37 AM »
Obviously I only hope he is charged if there is strong evidence that he did it, evidence which I hope comes to light as part of this appeal.  Don’t you hope for similar?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:40:41 PM by Angelo222 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2020, 08:28:04 AM »
Obviously I only hope he is charged if there is strong evidence that he did it, evidence which I hope comes to light as part of this appeal.  Don’t you hope for similar?
Why would this appeal produce anything more than what is known in the preceding 13 yrs,I've always been of the mind it'll end with no charges laid at any door,still nothing to suggest otherwise.Pessimism is the way to go,never disappointed that way.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2020, 08:30:02 AM »
That’s absurd - he’s only recently been banged up for rape and torture, how on earth can he be eligible for parole already?

2/3rds of his sentence apparently.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:38:39 AM by barrier »

Offline Carana

« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2020, 08:35:58 AM »
Snip

Not sure about that. He might be for the lesser charge of 18 months or whatever it was, but he could hardly have served 2/3 of a 7-year sentence for rape. The problem seems to be a legal issue over whether the in sentence for a rape in the Algarve can be upheld as he was extradited from Italy for the other charge.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:39:24 AM by Carana »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2020, 08:36:21 AM »
Why would this appeal produce anything more than what is known in the preceding 13 yrs,I've always been of the mind it'll end with no charges laid at any door,still nothing to suggest otherwise.Pessimism is the way to go,never disappointed that way.
This is the first time in 13 years there has been an appeal for information on this particular individual, unless I’m missing something?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2020, 08:36:59 AM »
About 11 yrs he's served so its not recently.
He was only found guilty of the rape last year.