Author Topic: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.  (Read 1238846 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.
« Reply #450 on: June 05, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »
Brueckner also retained his prized 1993 Jaguar XJR6. Scotland Yard has now revealed that the day after Madeleine vanished, Brueckner re-registered the classic British car to someone else, even though he was still driving it.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #451 on: June 05, 2020, 11:13:22 AM »
Thanks, but link doesn't work for me

Offline Anthro

« Reply #453 on: June 05, 2020, 11:21:56 AM »
The village where he lived until 2006 has been named as Monte Judeu, which is 30km from PdL?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:37:39 AM by Anthro »

Offline Anthro

« Reply #454 on: June 05, 2020, 11:30:11 AM »

The wooden pole and sofa referred to.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Brietta

« Reply #455 on: June 05, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
The police don't have him nailed,he's a suspect and should be treated as such,they want information that can either put the crime to him or rule him out.

I think you've got it, by Jove!!

INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.  A truly great maxim to live by at all times and under all circumstance; I am sure you will agree.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #456 on: June 05, 2020, 12:01:05 PM »
From the Independent, today - https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/news-analysis/madeleine-mccann-suspect-german-police-christian-brueckner-a9549776.html#gsc.tab=0

"This is a significant point in time for the Met’s investigation,” said the officer overseeing the probe into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance. Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stuart Cundy was announcing what may be the most significant development in the 13-year mystery – or another dead end that could prove fatal for the inquiry.

The new suspect is a German man whose phone records show he was near the McCanns’ apartment shortly before Madeleine’s disappearance, and who has a history of child sex offences and burgling holiday resorts.

The man is in prison in Germany after being convicted of raping an American woman in Portugal a year and a half earlier, but officers need more evidence to charge him in relation to the McCann case.

He is already appealing his rape conviction and unless new witnesses come forward with critical details of the suspect’s movements in Portugal, and those of his campervan and Jaguar, the trail will go cold once more.
Thirteen years of investigation and £12.3m of funding have led up to this point, and if the latest lead again proves fruitless it could be the end of the probe.

While the McCann inquiry has stopped and started several times, if fresh evidence is not found and charges do not result against this suspect, it could be finished for good.

Portuguese police closed their original investigation in 2008 and progress stalled until 2011, when the Home Office paid for Scotland Yard to review the available evidence.

Two years later, it opened its own probe but in 2015 the team dedicated to it was cut from 29 officers to five after “genuinely new” lines of inquiry led nowhere."

Obviously Grange failed to recognise this man as a prime suspect at the time.

I wonder why this should be ?

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #457 on: June 05, 2020, 12:08:20 PM »
Quite a few posters here told us it was ridiculous to suggest a burglar would abduct a young child.. They were obviously wrong

Offline Brietta

« Reply #458 on: June 05, 2020, 12:15:59 PM »
You don’t have to mention ‘exonerating the parents’, it is implicit in every post you write.

Why is the past so important to you ? Thirteen years of intensive investigation has brought forward not one firm shred of evidence against Brueckner and that’s what’s important now. Undoubtedly he is a reptile of a man who deserves every hour of the custodial sentence he is serving, and more besides, but that does not make him guilty of this crime....and on the evidence already in the public domain a conviction will be almost impossible to obtain. Further it is worth pointing out that if the case against this man comes to nought the abduction theory is very much still that,  a theory.

Lastly, let me be crystal clear, if a lack of professionalism by any police force has allowed Brueckner to continue to commit the horrific abuse he undoubtedly carried out then they should rightly be criticised. The capture of offenders of this nature is far too serious a subject to play petty morality games with and shame on you for trying.

I live in the present and the present as far as Madeleine's case is concerned, is the current news coming from Germany ... you are the one who introduced long past examples of Portuguese police breaking every code possible in the conduct of Madeleine's case.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #459 on: June 05, 2020, 12:34:21 PM »
I live in the present and the present as far as Madeleine's case is concerned, is the current news coming from Germany ... you are the one who introduced long past examples of Portuguese police breaking every code possible in the conduct of Madeleine's case.

I think you’ll find I did no such thing and I’m not going to engage with you in yet more of your petty point scoring so please move on.

The current news coming from Germany is......?

For me, I hope against hope that this man has anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance as, if so, her end must have been horrific. That anyone actively hopes that this is the culprit mystifies me entirely.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #460 on: June 05, 2020, 12:40:05 PM »
I posted ... "Whatever happened to Madeleine wasn't a game ... I'm surprised you appear to be treating it as such."

Perhaps you could point out where I mentioned "exonerating the parents".  I didn't.  But you certainly appear to have recognised the facts of the matter without any prompting from me.

In my opinion you seem to be less than content that the emergence of a predator such as Christian Brueckner has highlighted the incompetence of the Portuguese police from Amaral's era as he indulged his twelve year Portuguese crime spree without let nor hindrance from them.

He hasn't been charged let alone tried but the horrific circumstances of Madeleine's abduction are no doubt down to a person such as Brueckner who has been described as climbing though windows to burgle tourist nick-knacks and who with premeditation entered at least one property with the intention of assaulting the occupant.
This he did.
Any ideas why the Portuguese cops did nothing about that or why it was left to the Germans.

You do it all the time - I agree with faithlilly

You go on about how bad the mccs are treated - How bad GA was.

IMO you put scorn on everyone but the mccs - who aRe the ones responsible for what happened in the first place.

You say you live in the present - so I guess Maddie well forgets about if that's the case B

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2020, 12:42:27 PM »
I think you’ll find I did no such thing and I’m not going to engage with you in yet more of your petty point scoring so please move on.

The current news coming from Germany is......?

For me, I hope against hope that this man has anything to do with Madeleine’s disappearance as, if so, her end must have been horrific. That anyone actively hopes that this is the culprit mystifies me entirely.

Whatever happened to Maddie happened and no amount of hope will change that. I hope Maddie is still alive and living with a loving family... Unfortunately that's unlikely and its probably more likely that this man is responsible

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »

IMO you put scorn on everyone but the mccs - who aRe the ones responsible for what happened in the first place.

You say you live in the present - so I guess Maddie well forgets about if that's the case B

The McCanns were badly treated.  And GA was really bad.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2020, 12:44:40 PM »

And I agree with Brietta.. How strange.... And I don't accept the McCann's are to blame.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2020, 12:47:03 PM »
The McCanns were badly treated.  And GA was really bad.

And Madeleine was the victim of both their inaction.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?