Author Topic: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.  (Read 1245378 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance.
« Reply #630 on: June 06, 2020, 09:04:28 AM »
This is a Portuguese Investigation.  As we have been frequently reminded.  Operation Grange had No Jurisdiction.  They weren't even allowed to interview anyone.  So how could they pursue anything independently?

Meanwhile, this supposed Suspect was locked up in Germany and only Portugal had the Legal Right to approach this person.  Who will charge him if there is sufficient evidence and where will he be tried?  Will he be made Arguido with a right to refuse to answer any questions?

It's not looking good, Folks.

God, what a mess.  Portugal had tabs on him in the beginning and decided that he wasn't involved despite 12 Years of criminal activity.  Did Portugal even interview him?

And I think we can kiss goodbye to any Forensics after all this time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #631 on: June 06, 2020, 09:07:28 AM »
The American woman's rented villa 'Casa Jacaranda' with 'WET' tiled on the pool floor, close to PdL beach...

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.0871204,-8.7246351,76a,35y,39.58t/data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8393151/Luxury-villa-new-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-Christian-Brueckner-raped-72-year-old-tourist.html
So when Holly claimed the rapist and victim were known to each other and lived just down the lane from each other that was false. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #632 on: June 06, 2020, 09:09:11 AM »
This is a Portuguese Investigation.  As we have been frequently reminded.  Operation Grange had No Jurisdiction.  They weren't even allowed to interview anyone.  So how could they pursue anything independently?

Meanwhile, this supposed Suspect was locked up in Germany and only Portugal had the Legal Right to approach this person.  Who will charge him if there is sufficient evidence and where will he be tried?  Will he be made Arguido with a right to refuse to answer any questions?

God, what a mess.  Portugal had tabs on him in the beginning and decided that he wasn't involved despite 12 Years of criminal activity.  Did Portugal even interview him?

His ex underage girlfriend may have some information which she would have been frightened to divulge... If she's guaranteed protection she may speak... Just have to be found first

Offline Brietta

« Reply #633 on: June 06, 2020, 09:24:54 AM »
Yes, and there was reportedly a white and brown camper van, with a man in it, parked in Figueira for a few days.   That suddenly vanished after Joana went missing.   It was found in a field in PdL.   

Also, locals noticed a black saloon car driving around Figueira in the period before Joana went missing.

Brueckner had a black Jaguar saloon.
Brueckner had a white and yellow camper van
Breuckner did up cars for sale.  It would be easy to change the brown to yellow for such a man.

I wonder, only wonder, could he have been involved in the abduction of Joana Cipriano?

As is normal in such cases Brueckner is being checked out for missing children cases in areas where he is known to have been.  In Portugal at the moment the little german boy who vanished from a beach, René Hasee. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8393361/Police-link-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-disappearance-schoolboy-6.html  As a native German there would have been no language barrier and René  could have been enticed away with ease.

I believe Joana Cipriano's case is one that British detectives have long associated with Madeleine's disappearance because of the proximity of Figueira  and Luz, the missing girls and the abandoned vehicle.
I am sure it should be looked at again although the difficulty here for the Portuguese is that Joana's case was officially 'solved' by Amaral who was convicted of perjury for covering up the horrific torture of Joana's mother, Leonor. Who had a 'confession' beaten out of her and has just recently been released from a long prison sentence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Myster

« Reply #634 on: June 06, 2020, 09:25:10 AM »
So when Holly claimed the rapist and victim were known to each other and lived just down the lane from each other that was false.
I've no idea where she dug that one up.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #635 on: June 06, 2020, 09:25:46 AM »

IMO it might be enough for closure though. K&G for the first time don't seem so insistent that there is no evidence that MM is dead. Clarence even talked about "closure". The German guy can be rightly exposed in the press for his sickening crimes so the armchair detectives then have him banged to rights, in their heads, for the alleged abduction and murder of MM. Case closed in the collective consciousness.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #636 on: June 06, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
IMO it might be enough for closure though. K&G for the first time don't seem so insistent that there is no evidence that MM is dead. Clarence even talked about "closure". The German guy can be rightly exposed in the press for his sickening crimes so the armchair detectives then have him banged to rights, in their heads, for the alleged abduction and murder of MM. Case closed in the collective consciousness.

Not in my collective conscience it won't.

Even I have been forced to consider the death of Madeleine, but I want Proof.  And she isn't even my child.  I am assuming nothing.  So why should Kate and Gerry?

Offline jassi

« Reply #637 on: June 06, 2020, 09:38:27 AM »

Even I have been forced to consider the death of Madeleine, but I want Proof.  And she isn't even my child.  I am assuming nothing.  So why should Kate and Gerry?

What would constitute proof in you view?

I'm thinking of the Moor Murders, where it was well recognised that Keith Bennett was dead and buried on the moor, but no body was ever found.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #638 on: June 06, 2020, 09:41:05 AM »

I can't speak for them, but from what is reported there doesn't appear to be the same belligerent insistence that they believe she could still be alive. I agree with the rest of your post. It doesn't satisfy me either. Absolute proof isn't easy in many cases unfortunately, though.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #639 on: June 06, 2020, 09:42:58 AM »
What would constitute proof in you view?

I'm thinking of the Moor Murders, where it was well recognised that Keith Bennett was dead and buried on the moor, but no body was ever found.

A Body or a Confession.  And I wouldn't necessarily be satisfied with a Confession.  Would you?

The Moors Murders were a different kettle of fish altogether.

Offline Lace

« Reply #640 on: June 06, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
I'm sure a lot of supporters would be extremely disappointed to discover that she hadn't been stolen to order and enjoying a happy family life somewhere.

I would think that everyone would be disappointed.

It was a hope of mine.

Offline jassi

« Reply #641 on: June 06, 2020, 09:48:06 AM »
A Body or a Confession.  And I wouldn't necessarily be satisfied with a Confession.  Would you?

The Moors Murders were a different kettle of fish altogether.

Were they ? The way this heading (in the media at least), this guy is being portrayed as a serial killer with at least one other body unaccounted for.

As for a confession, however unsatisfactory,  it might be the only option forthcoming
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Online Eleanor

« Reply #642 on: June 06, 2020, 09:50:08 AM »
I can't speak for them, but from what is reported there doesn't appear to be the same belligerent insistence that they believe she could still be alive. I agree with the rest of your post. It doesn't satisfy me either. Absolute proof isn't easy in many cases unfortunately, though.

Just how belligerent does anyone want The McCanns to be?

No, It's not going to be easy.  Probably years of Jurisdiction Issues.  And I very much doubt he will ever admit it.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #643 on: June 06, 2020, 09:51:29 AM »
I've no idea where she dug that one up.

I let my guard down and foolishly went with what I read in a tabloid.  8(8-))
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #644 on: June 06, 2020, 09:51:44 AM »
I would think that everyone would be disappointed.

It was a hope of mine.

Not everyone, sadly.