UK and North American politics. > A look at US politics following Donald Trump's inauguration as President.

Arming American Teachers

(1/3) > >>

G-Unit:
President Trump's suggested solution to the shootings in schools in America is to train teachers to shoot to kill and issue them with guns.

The problems that may cause don't seem to have occurred to him.

If it's known that teachers have guns they will become the first target of anyone who wants to carry out a school shooting.
There will be teachers who won't want to do this.
There will be teachers who prove incapable of gunning down another human being.
If a teacher fires and misses they will be killed.
A teacher may fire on an innocent person by mistake.
A teacher may fire, miss and kill one of their pupils.

Angelo222:

--- Quote from: G-Unit on February 24, 2018, 09:57:34 AM ---President Trump's suggested solution to the shootings in schools in America is to train teachers to shoot to kill and issue them with guns.

The problems that may cause don't seem to have occurred to him.

If it's known that teachers have guns they will become the first target of anyone who wants to carry out a school shooting.
There will be teachers who won't want to do this.
There will be teachers who prove incapable of gunning down another human being.
If a teacher fires and misses they will be killed.
A teacher may fire on an innocent person by mistake.
A teacher may fire, miss and kill one of their pupils.

--- End quote ---

It appears that the solution according to gun lovers is to add yet more weapons to the mix instead of taking them out.  In my opinion, Americans deserve everything that comes their way because of that attitude.  I guarantee Donald Trump's son Barron has armed secret service agents around him everywhere he goes.

Eleanor:

I did suggest this some days ago in a comment section somewhere.  I was joking.

The last thing America needs is more guns.

G-Unit:
I can't imagine teachers being willing to be recruited for this mad scheme. If they wanted to shoot people they could have joined the Police or the Army.

Alice Purjorick:
Armed teachers will result in dead teachers.
"The only thing to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
A gentleman named Eugene Cunningham, in a book entitled "Triggernometry" back in the 1930s, expressed the view this was in essence blx. giving the following reasoning:
There is a better than even chance the bad guy with a gun is a psychopath, when he takes the gun out there is no debate with his conscience about whether or not to pull the trigger. The good guy is likely to have that debate with fatal consequences.
Added to which I guess is whether or not the teacher is any good with the gun the other guy has to presume he is. Same end result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version