Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 532477 times)

Offline Mr Gray

The next few days should prove interesting to say the least.

Especially now as people are prepared to say what they really think on live tv.

you seem to think this ruling affects what people can say in the uk...it doesn't

Offline slartibartfast

you used the word confession..don't backtrack...confess to what

Who knows, from what I have read, I believe there is more to the story than the official line puts forward.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline carlymichelle

Who knows, from what I have read, I believe there is more to the story than the official line puts forward.

yep  and its  your  right to  think    what you  think

stephen25000

you seem to think this ruling affects what people can say in the uk...it doesn't

So will the mccanns sue Sky News and the 2 reviewers ?

By the way, I've recorded the newspaper review.

Offline carlymichelle

and lace since you cant search for youself heres your cite

The former police chief had previously been ordered to pay Kate and Gerry McCann £395,000 in damages in April last year after accusing them of faking their daughter's abduction.

The appeal decision now paves the way for Mr Amaral's book ‘The Truth of the Lie’ to be sold again in the shops in what would be a devastating setback for the McCanns.

Editor Guerra e Paz are expected to rush out new copies so they can hit the shelves next week, netting Amaral a potential fortune.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547951/Portuguese-detective-WINS-appeal-against-libel-defeat-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-NOT-pay-500-000-damages.html#ixzz46L[Name removed]CZpb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:07:13 AM by John »

Offline slartibartfast

I think it is very different to when they "won" the last trial. The sceptics didn't go full on attack mode then.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:43:44 AM by ShiningInLuz »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Lace

and lace since you cant search for youself heres your cite

The former police chief had previously been ordered to pay Kate and Gerry McCann £395,000 in damages in April last year after accusing them of faking their daughter's abduction.

The appeal decision now paves the way for Mr Amaral's book ‘The Truth of the Lie’ to be sold again in the shops in what would be a devastating setback for the McCanns.

Editor Guerra e Paz are expected to rush out new copies so they can hit the shelves next week, netting Amaral a potential fortune.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3547951/Portuguese-detective-WINS-appeal-against-libel-defeat-Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-NOT-pay-500-000-damages.html#ixzz46L[Name removed]CZpb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The McCann's had better get their appeal in quick then,  I believe they are appealing to the Supreme Court.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:06:56 AM by John »

stephen25000

The McCann's had better get their appeal in quick then,  I believe they are appealing to the Extreme Court.

You mean Supreme Court. @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline jassi

Is that the reason it's unsolved?

That is a distinct possibility.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

@)(++(* it  takes more  then a  week to  get into a  supreme cour   start an appeal etc  id  imagine   so GA will make some money and good for him

Offline Lace

Yes I did,  doing too many things at once,   saying that going  now as I have a life.

Offline ShiningInLuz

MOD NOTE  Just been pruning, pruning, and more pruning.

Stay on topic.  Cease the insults.  Thank you.
What's up, old man?

ferryman

If, indeed, the present joint enquiry finds Madeleine alive and Amaral counter-sues, fascism will be alive-and-well in Portugal ....

stephen25000

If, indeed, the present joint enquiry finds Madeleine alive and Amaral counter-sues, fascism will be alive-and-well in Portugal ....

You just don't get it.

Offline carlymichelle

Just reading around, here and elsewhere.

Who are these sad sacks who revel in human misery, everyone's except their own?

mcann supporters have done it to GA  for 9 years   for  doing his job 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:18:04 AM by Brietta »