Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 532285 times)

Offline pathfinder73

That is absolute rubbish!!!!    The only blood found to be Gerry's was on the key fob.

The swab in the boot of the car was a mix of three even five people.

Do you still believe this?   have you read the forensic report?

Read Chapter 18 for more.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:43:30 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

even if he did he would be allowed  too

John would not allow amaral to post his views on here as they would be libellous and therefore against forum rules

Offline Eleanor

Everyone has the right to a good name, according to Portugal.  Even Cops and Robbers.  Everyone except The McCanns it seems.
So what is Amaral going to sue them for?  The same as he did?  That should be interesting.

stephen25000

Everyone has the right to a good name, according to Portugal.  Even Cops and Robbers.  Everyone except The McCanns it seems.
So what is Amaral going to sue them for?  The same as he did?  That should be interesting.

Let's see what happens.

Offline Eleanor

even if he did he would be allowed  too

I don't think so.

Offline Brietta

Are you sure on that.

If we leave the EU, I have heard that wee will withdraw from the European convention of human rights.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if the libel trial had been held in England or almost any other country in the civilised world.

The trial was held in Portugal.
The verdict was delivered in Portugal.
The appeal was heard in Portugal.
The appeal against the verdict of the lower court was upheld in Portugal.

The appeal against that will be heard or not as the case may be ... in Portugal.

Absolutely nothing at all to do with whether or not we leave Europe ... Portugal has no plans to leave as far as I know. 
I think the European Court of Human Rights might very well be quite 'right on' as far as section 6 is concerned; certainly more so than the appeal court judges in Portugal seem to be.

The fat lady has not sung yet.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

Let's see what happens.

Indeed, Stephen.  It's looking very stalemate to me.

stephen25000

We wouldn't be having this conversation if the libel trial had been held in England or almost any other country in the civilised world.

The trial was held in Portugal.
The verdict was delivered in Portugal.
The appeal was heard in Portugal.
The appeal against the verdict of the lower court was upheld in Portugal.

The appeal against that will be heard or not as the case may be ... in Portugal.

Absolutely nothing at all to do with whether or not we leave Europe ... Portugal has no plans to leave as far as I know. 
I think the European Court of Human Rights might very well be quite 'right on' as far as section 6 is concerned; certainly more so than the appeal court judges in Portugal seem to be.

The fat lady has not sung yet.

You seem very angry Brietta.

Why is that I wonder ?

Any appeal of course has to be accepted for transfer to the Supreme Court.

Offline jassi

Loss of earning, perhaps.  Didn't he have all his assets frozen?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline ShiningInLuz

How would you describe a state in which there has apparently never been a single case of a 'miscarriage of justice' - or where a court finds that a defenceless woman has been tortured whilst in police custody, but who remains in prison without even a hint of a re-trial  - (in fact actually has her sentence extended!)  - while the perpetrators go unpunished?    Does anyone actually believe that the PT police have never made mistake?  Surely not.

IMO in the scheme of things Portugal is still a very young democracy - and still has some way to go before it shakes off all its old habits.    It could start with reviewing the Secrecy Laws which imo have been regularly used and abused by elements of the PJ to influence public opinion  - but who then simultaneously use that same law to suppress any attempt by anyone to 'voice opposition' to that abuse by threatening them with imprisonment if they do so.
There are flaws, left right and centre, in how Portugal works.

There are flaws, left right and centre, in how England works.  Which does not make England a fascist state.

I have no issue in saying what is wrong with Portugal.  I have no issue in saying what is wrong with Luz.  I'd just like it to be accurate.

For those interested, the 3rd Luz triathlon is up on Saturday.
What's up, old man?

Offline misty

I don't know the exact dates.

Perhaps you can remind me.

May 4th to October 2nd.

Offline Alice Purjorick

so     let me put this out here now   GA  will be allowed to  sell truth of the lies  from next  week   he  is going to  sue   gerry and  kate  they have to pay his and their own  court fees etc???   also they wont get his   money they  wanted is that  about  right

Pretty much!  But you will note how the supporters are now delighting in talking about irrelevancies to avoid the main issue.
The original judgement against Sr Amaral has been turned over by three appeal court judges and Dra Duarte is yet to work out whether she has adequate grounds of appeal.
The defence by the supporters is the implication that Portugal is a banana republic without a real judicial system so somehow it does not really count.
But remind me where the case was being tried and whose judicial system has primacy...............?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

May 4th to October 2nd.

Thank you.

and he was removed for objecting to foreign interference in this case.

Offline Eleanor

Loss of earning, perhaps.  Didn't he have all his assets frozen?

Not lost then.  Yet.  What happened to his other books, by the way?

Offline jassi

Not lost then. Yet.  What happened to his other books, by the way?

No, though I think it left him with v. little income.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future