Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 532455 times)

Offline G-Unit

Breaching judicial secrecy wasn't the main issue: it was the timing of it all.

According to the first judge. Her ruling has been overturned now. It's history.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

has no one told you they intend to appeal...let me be the first

What a wasted comment.

We already know they intend to, doesn't mean it will get granted.

Do you want to see them get caned in court again ?

stephen25000

It is quite amusing to watch mccann backers trying vainly to put a gloss on the appeal court decision.

ferryman

Breaching judicial secrecy wasn't the main issue: it was the timing of it all.

Timing of the breach.

Yes.

Beg your pardon.

Is right ....

Offline G-Unit

From the judgement:

That (from the judgement) is a straightforward denial of Amaral's (actual!) duty to observe the rules of secrecy his (former) position as co-ordinator of the investigation imposed upon him.

You misunderstand I'm afraid.

In effect, and independently of the reasons invoked by the appellant for the publication, it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority, and widely debated (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.

What they [3 judges btw] said is he didn't have to observe secrecy even if he was employed, but more so as he was retired. Particularly as those facts had been made public by the judiciary authority and had been debated by the media.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

What a wasted comment.

We already know they intend to, doesn't mean it will get granted.

Do you want to see them get caned in court again ?

you seem to be very angry now you realise things are not as you thought

Offline Carana

You misunderstand I'm afraid.

In effect, and independently of the reasons invoked by the appellant for the publication, it is hardly understandable that an employee, even more a retired one, would have to keep said duties of secrecy and reserve, thus being limited in the exercise of his right to an opinion, concerning the interpretation of facts that were already made public by the judiciary authority, and widely debated (in fact, largely by initiative of the intervenients themselves) in the national and international media.

What they [3 judges btw] said is he didn't have to observe secrecy even if he was employed, but more so as he was retired. Particularly as those facts had been made public by the judiciary authority and had been debated by the media.

Who does the duty to shut up about a case you were involved in apply to then?

stephen25000

Now wouldn't it be lovely to see all the mccanns assets seized as were Amaral's , including I believe his pension.

8)--))

Offline carlymichelle

Now wouldn't it be lovely to see all the mccanns assets seized as were Amaral's , including I believe his pension.

8)--))

8)--)) whats that saying be careful what you  wish for?? they wasted 6 years of their  and the twins lives and for  what??

Offline Mr Gray

Looks like your prediction was wrong?   ?{)(**

NO ....It's you that is wrong John....thought I would have a look at my previous posts on this....looks like my prediction was absolutely correct

Amaral is basically bankrupt...both financially and morally. He has been humiliated totally by the court in his own country. He has a choice of handing all his money to the McCanns or appealing. The appeal won't cost him apenny because he has nothing. He can count on the financial support of a handful of misguided supporters and who knows...if an appeal is allowed he just may get a better result next time...and if he doesn't...he has lost nothing

Offline Montclair

IIRC, it was in January 2010, during the hearings for the injunction, the McCanns, accompanied by Dra Isabel Duarte, rushed to the court house in Oeiras (I think) to file a criminal complaint against Gonçalo Amaral for breach of judicial secrecy. The complaint was rejected by the Ministério Público. Since, ID did not succeed with the complaint she tried to slip it in the damages trial.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:03:36 PM by Montclair »

Offline Mr Gray

8)--))

so are you under the misguided impression that the portuguese court judgement will allow amaral to seize assets in the UK

Offline jassi

IIRC, it was in January 2010, during the hearings for the injunction, the McCanns, accompanied by Dra Isabel Duarte, rushed to the court house in Oeiras (I think) to file a criminal complaint against Gonçalo Amaral for breach of judicial secrecy. The complaint was rejected away by the Ministério Público. Since, ID did not succeed with the complaint she tried to slip it in the damages trial.

And, clearly, has been rejected again.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

so are you under the misguided impression that the portuguese court judgement will allow amaral to seize assets in the UK

Did I say that, NO.

However , it would be poetic justice.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:35:52 AM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline G-Unit

Of course we'd have been thrilled; and we are dismayed that ham-fisted and awry application of Portugal law has delayed confirmation of a another legal cheque-list the McCanns can tick off in their quest for truth, justice and the return of their daughter ....

Shouldn't that have been check? Maybe not..... @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.