Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239514 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2019, 10:55:05 PM »
In the same way that any other evidence would, obviously.  It is an important part of the jigsaw as it potentially shows that the apartment was enetered illegally and shows how.  I can’t believe I am having to explain it to you, frankly.  Let’s turn this on its head.  Imagine Gerry McCann is charged with faking an abduction.  Would the open window and shutters be evidence of that, or not as there is no corroborating evidence?

It's not how that's important, it's who.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #601 on: April 08, 2019, 11:11:23 PM »
It's not how that's important, it's who.
Of course how is important.  How the crime was committed.  Tell me why this is not important to establish in a court of law then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #602 on: April 08, 2019, 11:24:31 PM »
No it wouldn't be disallowed as it was an observation according to Kate McCann, problem is though that only her fingerprints were identified on the window.  A claimed open window is not evidence that any intruder entered the apartment and removed a child.
Yet we are told that the window was cleaned on Wednesday, so if the "burglar" wiped the window clean of their fingerprints who would be the wiser.  Wipe marks are wipe marks and no one can tell if they were done Thursday night or Wednesday.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #603 on: April 08, 2019, 11:31:26 PM »
Of course how is important.  How the crime was committed.  Tell me why this is not important to establish in a court of law then?

They are trying to prove abduction. If they can't place the accused in the apartment it doesn't matter how he gained entry, does it?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #604 on: April 08, 2019, 11:37:03 PM »
They are trying to prove abduction. If they can't place the accused in the apartment it doesn't matter how he gained entry, does it?
That is the reason I think the abduction was more a result of Madeleine being out on the footpath looking for Mum and Dad, rather than there being an intruder.  It would have only required some management type person to close the door at the reception (for security) to make it impossible for Madeleine to enter the Tapas area.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:39:39 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #605 on: April 08, 2019, 11:49:20 PM »
What if he can be placed in the vicinity of the apartment?  What if the accused has a criminal history of breaking and entering ground floor flats in a similar manner? 

Let me ask you this:  you arrive home one evening to find the sash window in you bedroom pushed up, not how you left it.  Nothing in the bedroom appears to be disturbed but then you realise that your great grandad’s gold pocket watch is missing from its place in your bedside table.  Do you discount the open window as evidence that the watch was stolen by an intruder because it cannot be corroborated by dna or fingerprints?  Must you keep all possibilities on the table, eg you slept walked and put the watch in the bin the night before, or one of your kids played with it, broke it and threw it away, the ghost of your great grandfather spirited it away, all possibilities being equally likely despite the fact the window was not found as you left it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #606 on: April 09, 2019, 12:09:05 AM »
More than enough given everything else that we know.

Not for me. The item the dogs were given to smell would have to be proved to have been Madeleine’s and as she walked that way probably many times how could you be specific in regard to when the scent was left ?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:59:58 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #607 on: April 09, 2019, 12:24:30 AM »
What if he can be placed in the vicinity of the apartment?  What if the accused has a criminal history of breaking and entering ground floor flats in a similar manner? 

Let me ask you this:  you arrive home one evening to find the sash window in you bedroom pushed up, not how you left it.  Nothing in the bedroom appears to be disturbed but then you realise that your great grandad’s gold pocket watch is missing from its place in your bedside table.  Do you discount the open window as evidence that the watch was stolen by an intruder because it cannot be corroborated by dna or fingerprints?  Must you keep all possibilities on the table, eg you slept walked and put the watch in the bin the night before, or one of your kids played with it, broke it and threw it away, the ghost of your great grandfather spirited it away, all possibilities being equally likely despite the fact the window was not found as you left it?

You seem to be moving the goalposts now. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #608 on: April 09, 2019, 12:35:05 AM »

Personally I think it would be a mistake to link the two observations together, if the watch was out of reach from the open window, and it appeared from forensic evidence no one accessed the open window.  The two events are coincidental and not linked by evidence.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2019, 07:14:09 AM »
You seem to be moving the goalposts now.
. Perhaps you eould like to explain how my scenario “moves the goalposts”? It is exactly the same as the Madeleine case, only difference is what was taken.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2019, 07:15:39 AM »
Personally I think it would be a mistake to link the two observations together, if the watch was out of reach from the open window, and it appeared from forensic evidence no one accessed the open window.  The two events are coincidental and not linked by evidence.
So you would not cite the open (previously closed) window as evidence that you were robbed?

Offline The General

« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2019, 08:40:36 AM »
So you would not cite the open (previously closed) window as evidence that you were robbed?
Let's apply that logic to the case in question: wouldn't you cite the fact that there was a total absence of evidence of any sort that an abduction had taken place as evidence that an abduction had not taken place?
Something / someone is missing, there's circumstantial evidence in one, there's none in the other.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2019, 08:58:35 AM »
You might, but in reality I think you'd be blaming the wrong person.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2019, 09:00:45 AM »
Let's apply that logic to the case in question: wouldn't you cite the fact that there was a total absence of evidence of any sort that an abduction had taken place as evidence that an abduction had not taken place?
Something / someone is missing, there's circumstantial evidence in one, there's none in the other.
I for one do not get what you mean. 
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2019, 09:06:50 AM »
You probably would , but it wouldn't exclude the possibility that you had staged the event and taken the watch for an insurance scam.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future