Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 401760 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »

So why did no one else pick him up from the files.

What does the rest is history mean - SY spent 12 million seems on nothing
You don't think we are any closer to resolving this mystery than we were in 2008 then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2020, 04:30:41 PM »
You don't think we are any closer to resolving this mystery than we were in 2008 then?

I wish you would stop following me VS  @)(++(*

Offline kizzy

« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2020, 04:32:18 PM »

Seriously - no I don't.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2020, 04:36:30 PM »

Seriously - no I don't.
Like I said before "nothing to see here, move on, move on".

At the end of the day though your opinion is neither here nor there.  Clearly the police of three countries think they have made a significant breakthrough, and I sincerely hope that they are on the right track.

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
I wish you would stop following me VS  @)(++(*
Would you prefer it if I ignored your witterings?  If so just say the word and I will no longer respond directly to your posts. 

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #380 on: June 06, 2020, 04:48:48 PM »
You sincerely hope Maddie was murdered by a paedophile?

Takes all sorts I suppose.

His goal has always been to protect the parents.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #381 on: June 06, 2020, 04:49:26 PM »

"He was investigated by the [Policia Judiciaria, Portugal's police] at the time [and] when the case ended they discarded him," he said.
"The trailer that he lived in was taken to Germany for testing but nothing was found there."
Mr Amaral said the German suspect was a convicted sex offender and was serving sentences in Germany unrelated the disappearance of Madeleine, arguably the world's most famous missing person case.
The former cop hit out at Operation Grange, the long-running $20 million London Metropolitan Police investigation for Maddie.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/madeleine-mccann-german-suspect-a-scapegoat-portugal-detective-goncalo-amaral-claims-maddie-podcast/0ea5ef10-8717-4cfb-adea-a1c8baf2d357?fbclid=IwAR2XeFUu2UGvtCHbKN0TDRLuFIfobTDKPo9Kf3Didgp-uCy15UXtgOAtecA

Thank you.
Why do you think no-one has ever heard of his trailer and Jag being taken to Germany on 2007 and there is no record of it happening ... why would it have been?  I think you will find the quote is inaccurate and if really made by Amaral and not misreporting by 9, highly suspicious.

We know both vehicles were impounded recently to be checked by German forensics ... I wonder why they didn't pull out their 2007 forensic reports and refer to them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »
His goal has always been to protect the parents.
And you.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »
To discover the truth. You don't want new advanced DNA tests just to convict anybody in anyway but not the parents!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2020, 04:53:51 PM »
It seems I need to repeat this

Someone on this thread has accused others of hoping that this vile specimen is the man responsible for Madeleine’s abduction and murder.  This is a complete misrepresentation of the truth.  Some people hope that justice for Madeleine will soon be achieved, nothing more nothing less.  The idea that this man could have abducted Madeleine and kept her alive for days to torture and abuse her before killing her makes me sick to my stomach and if I had to choose between that scenario and the falling off a sofa after an overdose of Calpol theory, then obviously I would prefer the latter.  I wish people would not twist what is said to make wholly inaccurate and offensive remarks simply to call into question the morality of others, particularly when their own moral judgement has been highly questionable for years.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:05:31 PM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2020, 04:54:16 PM »
When did the German police get hold of the vehicles?

I don't know exactly when ... what I am as certain as I can be is that it was not in 2007.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2020, 04:54:24 PM »
You are in total denial.

The files Piava ignored were not looked at let alone investigated until the McCann private investigators did so in 2010.  They were passed to Scotland Yard as part of their scoping exercise in 2011 and the rest is history.

Of course you do know that ... you just refuse to accept it.

Your ‘knowledge’ is based on reports which were given to the media by Lift, the Portuguese PR firm hired by the parents.
Some of the ‘information’, mainly sightings I believe, found it’s way into the British media. There was no evidence presented that the information within the files hadn’t been followed up....merely that it had found to be ‘of no relevance to the investigation’. The fact that the files were still available to the parents and hadn’t simply been shredded speaks to their handling. 

Of course this event has to be looked at in context. Several weeks before Pavia had told the court in Lisbon that Kate had called him with details of a dream. Gerry denied this had happened and so the discrediting of Pavia began, which included not only the file accusation but also a rather bizarre sting carried out by a supporter of the parents.

So believe what you will Brietta.....but don’t blame those of us who are less gullible for being that way.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2020, 04:54:41 PM »
To discover the truth. You don't want new advanced DNA tests just to convict anybody in anyway but not the parents!
Complete tripe.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2020, 05:41:19 PM »
Your ‘knowledge’ is based on reports which were given to the media by Lift, the Portuguese PR firm hired by the parents.
Some of the ‘information’, mainly sightings I believe, found it’s way into the British media. There was no evidence presented that the information within the files hadn’t been followed up....merely that it had found to be ‘of no relevance to the investigation’. The fact that the files were still available to the parents and hadn’t simply been shredded speaks to their handling. 

Of course this event has to be looked at in context. Several weeks before Pavia had told the court in Lisbon that Kate had called him with details of a dream. Gerry denied this had happened and so the discrediting of Pavia began, which included not only the file accusation but also a rather bizarre sting carried out by a supporter of the parents.

So believe what you will Brietta.....but don’t blame those of us who are less gullible for being that way.

Ricardo Piava needed no assistance whatsoever to discredit himself.  I am amazed you should bring it up.

I am also amazed you condone his proven dereliction of duty in relation to the file which he thought would never see the light of day.
Was he stupid enough to think that those who had contributed to it such as other police forces might not on occasion wonder why there was no feedback ... or that there wasn't a record of information being being sent to him.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »
Ricardo Piava needed no assistance whatsoever to discredit himself.  I am amazed you should bring it up.

I am also amazed you condone his proven dereliction of duty in relation to the file which he thought would never see the light of day.
Was he stupid enough to think that those who had contributed to it such as other police forces might not on occasion wonder why there was no feedback ... or that there wasn't a record of information being being sent to him.

There was no dereliction of duty.

How do you think that the parents gained access to the file ? If Pavia wasn’t investigating and compiling the information why was there a file at all ? Why not just throw the lot in the bin.....much less risk of being found out.

I’m not sure I’ve ever read any comments from other police forces re: the information or feedback. Do you have a link ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?