Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464886 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2016, 11:56:32 PM »
Yes, that's been bugging me for years. I've been told by an architect that there would almost definitely be a void underneath. I can't remember the explanations of the various options, but certainly a likely one would have been to have a crawl space as it would be cheaper, and would also allow access for any major works.

It is quite a hilly area.  Casa Liliana certainly has a crawl space ... don't know about block 6 ... but block 5 would almost certainly have room for one.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2016, 11:58:22 PM »
It is quite a hilly area.  Casa Liliana certainly has a crawl space ... don't know about block 6 ... but block 5 would almost certainly have room for one.

Yes, with more room under the 5A side (if I remember correctly what I was told).

Offline Brietta

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2016, 12:07:15 AM »
Yes, with more room under the 5A side (if I remember correctly what I was told).

The builder of casa Liliana got in touch with the police to inform them about the construction.  One would have assumed had there been access to 5A they would have checked that out too.  But the dogs didn't check there.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2016, 12:10:49 AM »
Yes, that's been bugging me for years. I've been told by an architect that there would almost definitely be a void underneath. I can't remember the explanations of the various options, but certainly a likely one would have been to have a crawl space as it would be cheaper, and would also allow access for any major works.
The 5A bathroom has no outside wall. So the drainage pipe from the toilet and bath must go under the floor of another 5A room to get to the public drains outside. Is that pipe buried in a solid concrete floor making it non-repairable? Or is it in an underfloor void?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:12:54 AM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2016, 12:33:58 AM »
The 5A bathroom has no outside wall. So the drainage pipe from the toilet and bath must go under the floor of another 5A room to get to the public drains outside. Is that pipe buried in a solid concrete floor making it non-repairable? Or is it in an underfloor void?

Well, that's what I've been wondering about for ages. Would there have been a need to access such a void during the general works at the time?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2016, 12:47:53 AM »
Well, that's what I've been wondering about for ages. Would there have been a need to access such a void during the general works at the time?
No. The works were all further south and on public roads only not under buildings.

Back to floor of ground floor of Block G5 - what would have been the most efficient way to construct it?
Maybe there's a void with no access?

Offline sadie

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »

Anything built on a hill ... and block 6 is at its western end anyway, has to have some sort of void underneath ... unless the builders have gone to the expence of filling it all in.  I doubt they will have done

And the void would be usefull for repairing plumbing, drainage etc.     I wonder where the entrances to the voids are?

As suggested above, maybe there are no entrances?   But it seems sensible that there would have been.   I wonder if the voids are individual or all joined together into one massive space?   Structurally that might be difficult, but not impossible with pillars underground to support the structures above.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2016, 06:04:08 PM »
In stairwell is an inspection cover but probably just for electrical supply?
http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/hg/1/h11/Imagem3%20275%20(Large).jpg

Offline sadie

« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »
In stairwell is an inspection cover but probably just for electrical supply?
http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/hg/1/h11/Imagem3%20275%20(Large).jpg

Thanks Pecasus, that is a possibility, but rather small maybe?

I had wonderd if there was a small door positioned out of sight under the rear outside steps to one of the apartments.  If the void was one big one, only one door would be needed

Offline pegasus

« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2016, 07:19:55 PM »
Thanks Pecasus, that is a possibility, but rather small maybe?

I had wonderd if there was a small door positioned out of sight under the rear outside steps to one of the apartments.  If the void was one big one, only one door would be needed
No sign of any door or vent on face of 5A Sadie, and this is where the drop is deepest
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/73may13/port29513MADELEINE_APARTMENT.jpg

Offline Brietta

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »
No sign of any door or vent on face of 5A Sadie, and this is where the drop is deepest
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/73may13/port29513MADELEINE_APARTMENT.jpg

I don't think there would be an entrance in that wall, pegasus, the steps are behind and looks it very solid to me ...

I think it is more likely to be under the inside staircase where the laundryman apparently saw a person lurking.  An entrance wouldn't have to be very big.  Could possibly give access to the lift mechanism as well, although I have seen engineers elsewhere working directly into the shaft.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2016, 08:00:11 PM »
John Wayne Gacy rides again !
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2016, 08:14:24 PM »
I am not thinking of the main south facing wall of the flats, but have you had chance to look at the western end of the outside staircase going under the actual stairs but then opening up ito the void?

Otherwise I think that it is very possible that Brietta has something with it maybe being right under the main staircase inside.   The small hatch you showed looked rather too small to me ... but it is possible, I guess.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2016, 10:34:05 PM »
(Answered here to avoid wandering off topic)
(snip)... you mention high powered phone calls ... from whom to whom??
I don't know but I have two interesting questions Brietta
1. Were there any phonecalls between father and any top government minister(s) or similar, in the period which starts when arguido status began (7th Sept) and ends when Mr Amaral was removed (Oct 2nd)?
2. In the unlikely event that there were, were any calls to/from Viana do Castelo?

Offline mercury

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2016, 10:46:44 PM »
Gerry rang martin grimes boss! Lol

Love to be fly in the wall on that one