Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1480615 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2016, 08:13:01 PM »
So we finished and set off, probably about twenty past six, sometime around there, because it was after when we'd got them to move, we were already late, so I think if we'd said, if they'd move it to six thirty and we're setting off at six twenty, I would have been happy that we could have made it there in time, but we'd already gone past the time when I thought we won't be able to go because we were already so late'.

00.07.20 4078 'Was that you, David and'.

Reply 'Russell'.

4078 'Russell'.

Reply 'It was men's social. Erm, so we went back up, erm, back to, well I went back to the apartment, got the tennis gear and back onto the courts or back to the courts area, erm, and the other guys went to get their stuff. Erm, and I think Dave said that he'd been to the apartment, but I don't know that for definite, that's just something I think has come out, I didn't know anything about that. So we went, got our stuff and came back to the courts, which were already in play, because the social had already started. And Gerry was down playing on a court, I think there was only three of them, I think the, erm, the coach, whose name I can't remember, the tennis coach, the blonde haired bloke, erm, was playing to make up the numbers. And so we waited and watched for a little while, so we didn't get on court until, phew, sometime closer to seven, so maybe sort of quarter to or twenty to or ten to seven we went down to the court. And we were hoping that Gerry would actually stay and make up the four, because everybody, there was one court that was full of four and then there was a three over he, but he, erm, sort of went back to, erm, to sort of help with, you know, Kate and the kids and didn't stay to sort of play with us and there was just the three of us and I think the coach stayed and played to make up the four initially, but didn't want to stay, so he didn't stay the whole time. But we played then for, I think the best part of an hour, erm, before going back to the apartment.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »
"I'm already getting bids from some US networks for interviews with the McCanns for the 10th Anniversary." CM

"Tf they'd been able to have a professional nanny service which wasn't available at the time." CM

MirandaThePanda52 minutes ago
Great big lying b.........
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:31:28 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2016, 06:17:55 PM »
"I'm already getting bids from some US networks for interviews with the McCanns for the 10th Anniversary." CM

"Tf they'd been able to have a professional nanny service which wasn't available at the time." CM

MirandaThePanda52 minutes ago
Great big lying b.........

Of course, it's what he's paid to do   8)--))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2016, 06:32:08 PM »

Of course, it's what he's paid to do   8)--))

"We have monitoring continuously online of the various fora." CM

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:56:09 PM by Eleanor »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #304 on: April 18, 2016, 02:37:09 PM »
This PDF document contains detailed accounts by UK police of several fascinating investigations.
http://library.college.police.uk/docs/J_Homicide_MII/J_Homicide_10.2.pdf
Includes a no-body conviction.
And a case of two cases.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #305 on: April 18, 2016, 02:44:52 PM »
... and a test of reading observation skills  (ETA which no-one passed so I posted answer on other thread)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:22:50 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #306 on: April 18, 2016, 08:33:48 PM »
This PDF document contains detailed accounts by UK police of several fascinating investigations.
And a case of two cases.

An interesting read (despite the disclaimer), which I've just finished. How did you locate that?
Why did you start with the dogs? The police had been given a location in that murder case & it wasn't the dogs who located the body, it was a human with a digger.
I thought you'd have been more interested in the blood on the climbing plant & the solitary piece of DNA which connected the perp to the scene.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2016, 08:52:20 PM »
An interesting read (despite the disclaimer), which I've just finished. How did you locate that?
Why did you start with the dogs? The police had been given a location in that murder case & it wasn't the dogs who located the body, it was a human with a digger.
I thought you'd have been more interested in the blood on the climbing plant & the solitary piece of DNA which connected the perp to the scene.
I found it by chance while researching the latest incarnation of the SY investigation Misty.
There are many more issues - weeks of fascinating reading.
It's a way to learn how the professional experts in this field think - by reading what they read.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:57:32 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »
I found it by chance while researching the latest incarnation of the SY investigation Misty.

I found the information on T.I.E. very interesting as it provided the reasoning behind the questioning of the last known round of witnesses i.e. the grouping.
Does that methodology put a slightly different spin on DCI Redwood's statement "not considered persons of interest"?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2016, 09:49:36 PM »
I found the information on T.I.E. very interesting as it provided the reasoning behind the questioning of the last known round of witnesses i.e. the grouping.
Does that methodology put a slightly different spin on DCI Redwood's statement "not considered persons of interest"?
Trace Interview Eliminate makes sense.
I never saw any indication that the people Mr Redwood apparantly was interested in were even doing any burglaries so presumably they've been TIE'd.
As for the "not considered persons of interest" he has never publically stated anything to the contrary.
Here is the index of the HWG (of which MD is a member) journal - years of fascinating reading for us Misty.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:07:42 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2016, 09:39:39 AM »
And a case of two cases.

Thanks for that, Pegasus. I'm only part of the way through, but I find it really interesting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2016, 09:41:18 AM »
I never saw any indication that the people Mr Redwood apparantly was interested in were even doing any burglaries so presumably they've been TIE'd.
As for the "not considered persons of interest" he has never publically stated anything to the contrary.
Here is the index of the HWG (of which MD is a member) journal - years of fascinating reading for us Misty.

?? Did you mean to add a link?

Offline Carana

« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »

I find that the suggestion of Trace Investigate Evaluate makes more sense. Investigation can include interviews, but isn't necessarily limited to it. A police interview that I found jaw-droppingly clever involved a lot of fact-checking prior to it. No need for slippery stairs: the officer had done his homework. Evaluate is broader as well: while some people can be eliminated for all sorts of reasons, there are evidently the obvious ones who become targets for thorough active investigation, but there may also be others of a lower priority who need to remain on a back-burner.

Another thing that I've found interesting so far is the fact that it's even online: I doubt that the general public often gets a glimpse into the internal strategic issues facing a major authority.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2016, 11:55:29 AM »
?? Did you mean to add a link?
Sorry, google journal name.

Offline Carana

« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2016, 12:22:52 PM »
Sorry, google journal name.

Ah. Just spotted it at the end of the document.