Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 395595 times)

Offline sadie

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3390 on: February 17, 2018, 11:34:09 PM »
Earlier Brietta had this to say,

Later followed by.

Also.
Clearly indicating that she doesn't expect anything from the officals ie: MET officers but is happy to rely on some hack spreading rubbish even when the MET will not comment,simples.
Sorry but your argument did not hold water.  IMO

The cites please.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3391 on: February 17, 2018, 11:58:53 PM »
Was there a particular reason for writing in capitals?
Yes I bumped caps lock and I was too lazy to redo it.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3392 on: February 18, 2018, 12:34:29 AM »
Yes I bumped caps lock and I was too lazy to redo it.

I do it all the time ... I'm glad there is someone around even lazier than me ... cos I fix mine   &%54%
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3393 on: February 18, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »
I think you will find there is a long history of family and friends trying  to help a live criminal investigation

Yes, however, there are laws to protect witnesses  from harassment AND harassment and intimidating witnesses is punishable by jail time.

There are also laws in Portugal which do now allow for private investigations during live cases. We have no way of knowing how much harm they caused by doing this.

However, it is worth noting that as mentioned on another thread the UK police could be investigating UK nationals  here or in Portugal whom they suspect are involved with MBM's disappearance, which could result in them being charged  and tried in the UK- or arrests in Portugal and charged by PJ. The net is closing.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3394 on: February 18, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »
Yes, however, there are laws to protect witnesses  from harassment AND harassment and intimidating witnesses is punishable by jail time.

There are also laws in Portugal which do now allow for private investigations during live cases. We have no way of knowing how much harm they caused by doing this.

However, it is worth noting that as mentioned on another thread the UK police could be investigating UK nationals  here or in Portugal whom they suspect are involved with MBM's disappearance, which could result in them being charged  and tried in the UK- or arrests in Portugal and charged by PJ. The net is closing.

There is a long history of friends  and families trying to help investigations yet I don't recall one, charge..
The net is closing....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:12:10 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3395 on: February 18, 2018, 09:39:50 PM »
There is a long history of friends  and families trying to help investigations yet I don't recall one, charge..
The net is closing....

So what job do you do that takes you into this field of 'witness intimidation' and people being let off, perhaps you can name a few for us. Cuz I would hate to be wrong

For all you other readers out there, we have in this country a witness protection program, only in case loving ex husbands are seeking to be reunited with his 'missing' children and to threaten,harass, abuse, or murder the mother who fled for her life. I could be making this up...

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps-page/witness-intimidation

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/brother-of-peterborough-armed-robber-avoids-jail-after-admitting-witness-intimidation-1-8381611

Helping friends and family eh... heehee

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:12:41 AM by slartibartfast »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3396 on: September 09, 2018, 02:54:34 AM »
Madeleine McCann cops in secret trips to Portugal as police remain on trail
POLICE looking for missing Madeleine McCann have made secret visits to Portugal.
By Jonhathan Corke / Published 9th September 2018

The Daily Star Sunday can reveal detectives bought five return flights to the country in the last financial year.

The air tickets, which cost £1,240, were for two separate trips, according to the Metropolitan Police.

The senior investigating officer, Det Chief Insp Nicola Wall, also claimed £811 for accommodation along with £80 on taxis to and from UK airports.

As well as DCI Wall, three detective constables and one detective sergeant are in the Operation Grange investigating team.

Their probe recently won further Home Office funding of up to £150,000.

Former police and taxpayers have questioned why the probe is still going on.

Details of the flights, which we obtained via Freedom of Information laws, suggest there could still be important leads.

Madeleine’s parents Kate, 50, and Gerry, 49, of Rothley, Leics, believe their girl, who would now be 15, could still be alive.

An £11.5million police probe into her disappearance began in 2011 after a plea to then Prime Minister David Cameron for a British investigation.

Madeleine was three when she vanished from a holiday apartment in 2007 while her parents dined with friends nearby.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/728437/madeleine-mccann-maddie-latest-search-missing-praia-da-luz-portugal?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-latest-news+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+News+Feed%29
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #3397 on: September 09, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »
I think the Star is rehashing old news,a freedom of information request determined that there were two flights to Portugal last one in March one in May 2017 costing £1250 so unless the cost's have come down its very much the same.
But if you note it does say the last finacial year which would be 2017/18.

Still any news is better than no news or even flogging a dead horse brings in some money.

https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2017/august_2017/information-rights-unit---return-flights-to-portugal-made-by-mps-officers-working-on-operation-grange-in-2017

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3398 on: September 09, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »
One would have to question what dirt they were hoping to dig on Kate and Gerry in Portugal wouldn’t one, if one believed the investigation was hot on their trail...?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #3399 on: September 09, 2018, 08:39:08 AM »
One would have to question what dirt they were hoping to dig on Kate and Gerry in Portugal wouldn’t one, if one believed the investigation was hot on their trail...?

Two flights over twelve months ago hardly suggest's they are hot on the heels of any thing.Trying to find a way out more like.OG that is.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3400 on: September 09, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »
Two flights over twelve months ago hardly suggest's they are hot on the heels of any thing.Trying to find a way out more like.OG that is.
I wonder how many flights the Portuguese detectives have made to England...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #3401 on: September 09, 2018, 08:47:21 AM »
I wonder how many flights the Portuguese detectives have made to England...
Do they have a need to?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3402 on: September 09, 2018, 08:48:22 AM »

They don't need a way out... That's just your imagination..

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3403 on: September 09, 2018, 08:53:06 AM »
Do they have a need to?
Are they investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?  If the parents were their prime suspects I would have thought they would, unless they are content just to sit on their backsides in Portugal waiting for someone to phone them up with some evidence.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3404 on: September 09, 2018, 08:55:49 AM »
Are they investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?  If the parents were their prime suspects I would have thought they would, unless they are content just to sit on their backsides in Portugal waiting for someone to phone them up with some evidence.

Cite for prime suspects?